• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ugly wins are still wins

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Defense and Lynch were the difference in the win. They shut Wilson down.

Not concerned about the offense. I think they'll bounce back. With the Defense we have I think it is what it is; we're more defense than offense. Wilson threw a good ball when we needed him.

Can't be down about a win...we're alive.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Can't be down about a win...we're alive.

That is true. We did get the running game back today so that lends optimism for the passing game. But right now it's dead. I don't know but Wilson seems a little discombobulated and the pass protection's not helping. That issue shrinks the margin a bit and was the reason why the Saints got back in it late.
Thank God for a world class defense. They need to figure out a few things because it's been ongoing for about 5 weeks now.
You know something's not quite right when they went from being the #2 scoring offense in the league behind Denver through week 12 to dead last over the last 4 weeks.
Offensive balance is what makes them unbeatable and the favorites to win the Super Bowl to go with the great defense and run game. Great defense and run game alone might still get them there but it makes it far less of a slam dunk.

By the way, any idea why Pete didn't challenge the call in the 3rd quarter after the fumble & the penalty that followed? Unless I missed something it would have clearly been overturned and would have given the Hawks a golden op to put the Saints away before they even made their run.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I'm also mystified by the lack of offense in the air. If it wasn't for Lynch we would have been sunk. Lynch carried that team.

I'm still a big Wilson fan. I still think these lulls in offense are situational and based on weather and match-ups. I believe they will finish with enough offense to take us there. As far as the last 5 games maybe they are just an anomaly? Who knows and I don't care how they get it done...just that they get it done.

Go Hawks!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
As far as the last 5 games maybe they are just an anomaly?

I've got it pegged on the pass protection. The run blocking was phenomenal and it helped put Lynch in beast mode today. But the pass blocking has been the worst it's been since the start of 2011 when Tjack was getting the crap beat out of him. A less mobile QB than Russ would have been sacked 10 times or more today. Both AZ and the Rams just blew the pass blocking out of the water the last two games of the regular season too.
When Lynch is pounding the rock like that, there should be some guys getting open on the back end on the pass plays. But it takes time to develop. Either Wilson's not spotting the open guys or the pass protection's not allowing nearly enough time to let it develop. Or maybe a little of both, I'm not sure. All I know for sure is Wilson is being given enough time in the pocket for mainly quick hits only. That just shrinks the field down to nothing for the opposing defense and gives the Hawks no chance at anything beyond 10 yards.
I'm with you on Wilson though. Although he's not totally without fault in this offensive funk they're in, I'm still a big fan as well. I just hate to see him being reduced to a game manager like this because there's so much more to his game than that. You gotta hand it to him that under fire he's still not turning the ball over or making costly mistakes. The dude's incredible.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
You gotta hand it to him that under fire he's still not turning the ball over or making costly mistakes. The dude's incredible.

Your observations are spot on about the great asset we have in Wilson. Just think of most NFL QB's. If they have 100 yards passing and the RB and Defense are carrying the team, that's when they try to bring their game up; leading to INT's and general bad decisions. Very few QB's will stay back and manage the game; they want stats and contracts.

Wilson is just different...in a good way.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with everything said above. Glad officiating didn't give it to us in the rear either HOWEVER, I still believe that Pete should've challenged that fumble Wagner had AND when Payton challenged that DB catch, why the hell was no facemask called? But other than that, good solid football.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I agree with everything said above. Glad officiating didn't give it to us in the rear either HOWEVER, I still believe that Pete should've challenged that fumble Wagner had AND when Payton challenged that DB catch, why the hell was no facemask called? But other than that, good solid football.

Head official was an admitted life long Saints fan. NFL should have never let him ref this game. I think they missed lots of holding also. We won so screw it.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
It still looks like the playbook is being held back. We should have been able to put this one away in the third but for whatever reason we decided to keep them in it. Harvin is the real deal. I was worried using him this game would knock him out of the bigger game coming up so let's hope he's ok. No complaints though, I'm happy hawks are living up to every expectation so far, one more win please get one more win then anything can happen on Feb.2nd.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
It still looks like the playbook is being held back. We should have been able to put this one away in the third but for whatever reason we decided to keep them in it. Harvin is the real deal. I was worried using him this game would knock him out of the bigger game coming up so let's hope he's ok. No complaints though, I'm happy hawks are living up to every expectation so far, one more win please get one more win then anything can happen on Feb.2nd.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

Heard somewhere he passed initial concussion tests, they did say it was a minor concussion though. He will be going through the concussion protocol all week and will have a chance to play again next week. Just thankful it wasn't the hip.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
If they have 100 yards passing and the RB and Defense are carrying the team, that's when they try to bring their game up
Andy Dalton comes immediately to mind. It's now becoming apparent why Pete and John didn't take him in the draft when they had the chance. Just another example of them getting thrown under the bus at the time and it's turning out that maybe they knew something that all the armchair GMs didn't.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I still believe that Pete should've challenged that fumble Wagner had AND when Payton challenged that DB catch, why the hell was no facemask called?
I was wondering the same thing about not challenging the call on the fumble. It was CLEARLY a fumble and since the penalty happened after what would have been the change of possession (via outcome of the review) and a dead ball foul, the turnover would have stood. Maybe someone upstairs didn't realize the rule and thought the penalty would have nullified the turnover.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Maybe they stated the play was over once he was down and blew the whistle? I was pissed it wasn't challenged.

On another note, can those Seahawks hit or what? :) hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom