• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Walter Jones Retiring

Reaction score
Walter Jones posted on his Twitter account "I have came to the concussion it is time for me to retire from football". Meaning the end of one of the NFLs greatest tackles career has come to an end. Jones holds the Seahawks all-time record in Pro Bowl selections with nine. He was selected in the first-round of the 1997 draft out of the University of Florida. He didn't play at all this year after having knee surgery in 2008 after his injury against the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day.
He was a three time All-Pro and member of the 2000 All-Decade team.
It appears he will join Cortez Kennedy and Steve Largent in five-years as the three true Seahawks in the Hall of Fame. He played and started in all of his 180 games from 1997-2008. The next question will be when will his induction into the Ring of Honor take place?

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reaction score
Mike Sando is saying that Walter Jones said that he wouldn't announce it on Twitter if he did retire. He also said "football" instead of NFL, so there is a chance he is trying to be funny and saying football when he actually means soccer.

Reaction score
"What was you thinking.Everything is going good. Come on be serious you think I put that on Twitter."

Close one, lol.

Reaction score
Hawk096;44713 said:
Where did you get that phaze? I checked his Twitter nowhere does he Tweet that.
Mike Sando (espn_nfcwest) retweeted it. Probably was a direct message.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Maybe I checked Walt's he never tweeted it. Him or his agent were unavailable for comment on the topic. Sando doesn't believe him cause of his (Walt's) tendency to tweet jokingly which is why I don't know if I believe it or not, but fact is he did tweet it and that means retirement is on his mind. I know a lot of players who say they know the feeling of when it's ready to leave the game. Maybe he knows it and is going to wait to see what Seattle does with him. He still has 3 years left on his contract and a lot of money too, but maybe Walt doesn't want to risk being remembered for the injuries towards the end of the career. Even though we all know we'll remember him for what he did in Seattle.

Reaction score
Hawk096;44718 said:
Maybe I checked Walt's he never tweeted it. Him or his agent were unavailable for comment on the topic. Sando doesn't believe him cause of his (Walt's) tendency to tweet jokingly which is why I don't know if I believe it or not, but fact is he did tweet it and that means retirement is on his mind. I know a lot of players who say they know the feeling of when it's ready to leave the game. Maybe he knows it and is going to wait to see what Seattle does with him. He still has 3 years left on his contract and a lot of money too, but maybe Walt doesn't want to risk being remembered for the injuries towards the end of the career. Even though we all know we'll remember him for what he did in Seattle.
Yeah, when I saw it I was trying to find out where it came from, but it was retweeted so it must have been a direct message...if you can retweet those the way Sando did. I guess there is also a chance that Big Walt said that then deleted it a few minutes later and Sando caught it before he did.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Well if he does retire, than make your hotel and airline reservations now! 5 years and we have another HOF Member!!!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah well I already got mine booked for this year (John Randle and Jerry) and hopefully I can book one next year for 'Tez!

Reaction score
Matt said he got the tweet on the radio this am.
Good for Walt. He was NEVER gonna be 75% of what he was so why ruin the rest of your life. Enjoy being able to walk and maybe now the FO will get a clue and move on unlike the last batch of morons who put everything on Walt playing at his HOF level after a major knee surgery for a 300 pounder.

Reaction score
Did Matt happen to say if it's real or not? I have yet to see anything official and you think there would be something by now.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;44779 said:
here it is...
may be one to many blows to the head?

I have came to the concussion it is time for me to retire from football. 11:12 AM Feb 7th from twidroid
I know what he said, but if it was real he would have come out by now. He also acted like he was retiring a few months ago so it's not new for him to joke about it.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I don't think Walt will play in 2010 or ever again in the NFL. I'm not sure this is his official announcement, but I think he has realized his time in the NFL and Seattle is coming to an end. Sad to know, but when you get that feeling you can't argue it.

Reaction score
Love the big man... but like 96 is saying, his time in the NFL is up.

Don't come back and ruin the legacy... retire... and let the hawks organization move on and TRY to find your replacement.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Several of Walter Jones's advisors have told ESPNs Senior Writer Len Pasquarelli a Hall of Fame reporter that Jones will in fact retire this off-season.

Top Bottom