• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We need quickouts

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I was watching the Pats game, Brady threw quickouts almost every throw.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Baldwin is looking for a quick out right now - a quick way outta SeaTac after the plane lands.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I was joking about Baldwin - the ball Wilson threw to him was a knucklebustin' dart with no touch. In other words, a rookie throw.

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought he threw that ball a little too hard too. But it was placed in a great spot, Baldwon should have been able to come up with it. I like quick passes to guys like Washington and Tate, butjust because the patriots use a lot of quick outs doesn't mean we should. I will agree in the respect that Bevell's play calling yesterday seemed shaky at best.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
He did initially grasp it, but it was thrown so hard that he never had possession all the way to the ground as the defender helped dislodge it. Had the ball not rolled away, I feel certain that it would have been overruled as a catch because he never had control.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought he threw that ball a little too hard too. But it was placed in a great spot, Baldwon should have been able to come up with it. I like quick passes to guys like Washington and Tate, butjust because the patriots use a lot of quick outs doesn't mean we should. I will agree in the respect that Bevell's play calling yesterday seemed shaky at best.

If the opposing team blitz's I almost think we have to with the oline being what it is. All they have to do is send a corner blitz whenever he is in a shotgun and it's sack city. Wilson needs protection to survive.

That is how teams take advantage of the blitz. If you caught Peyton yesterday he kept burning the Steelers by identifying who was coming and changing the play to a quick pass to the unprotected area.

Reaction score
He did initially grasp it, but it was thrown so hard that he never had possession all the way to the ground as the defender helped dislodge it. Had the ball not rolled away, I feel certain that it would have been overruled as a catch because he never had control.

I don't agree with you saying it was a rookie pass though, the anticipation he threw that ball with was not something you see from rookies. I just think his adrenaline was pumping and he got too much on the throw.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't agree with you saying it was a rookie pass though, the anticipation he threw that ball with was not something you see from rookies. I just think his adrenaline was pumping and he got too much on the throw.

That's what I originally meant by a 'rookie throw' : misjudging the required touch. It takes time to adjust to the speed of the NFL game.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
That's what I originally meant by a 'rookie throw' : misjudging the required touch. It takes time to adjust to the speed of the NFL game.

Guys Wilson is really promising but even the best QB's of his size couldn't have done better under those conditions.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The standard against whom Wilson is compared for size - Brees - had a rough Sunday as well. He looked overwhelmed by the size of the 'Skins linemen.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The standard against whom Wilson is compared for size - Brees - had a rough Sunday as well. He looked overwhelmed by the size of the 'Skins linemen.

The skins look for real. I thought the Saints would have a big chip in that one.

Brees is the spokes model for my company. We are hoping he has a good year.

Reaction score

Right, I'm just saying most rookies won't even attempt that throw or they would read it late and possibly throw into coverage.

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think ole Sprhawk is yapping about is when the QB gets the ball and takes one step, looks to the flats and throws to WR. I'm not sure but I think that's some sort of a screen. Seem them a lot in college. RG3 had a few that were successful but I think most of those get sniffed out pretty quick in the NFL.

SquawkHawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think ole Sprhawk is yapping about is when the QB gets the ball and takes one step, looks to the flats and throws to WR. I'm not sure but I think that's some sort of a screen. Seem them a lot in college. RG3 had a few that were successful but I think most of those get sniffed out pretty quick in the NFL.

Peyton Manning got an 71 yd. TD Sunday on just such a play when he read the blitz.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

Now you listen here Sonny (*chewing gums* and shaking finger)

I'm sort of correcting you, if you watch the Pats game from this week. Brady throws them almost thru out the whole game. I call it a quickout, other may say quick release or timing run, usually the QB sends 6 that mirror each other on either side. The QB snaps and passes in one motion. If the defense sends additional bodies the QB can identify them and signal the corresponding receiver making them most likely to be open. If the QB (who can read a defense) and WR have good timing it pretty much destroys the blitz.

Top Bottom