• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Weaver Signs with Philly

Reaction score
Weaver signed a 1 year deal with the Eagles.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4000682"]Philadelphia Eagles sign ex-Seattle Seahawks fullback Leonard Weaver for 1 year - ESPN[/ame]

Reaction score
I thought some news place in Philly said he wasn't going to sign with the Eagles? Man, that was a trustworthy source. :D

Looks like the Run-Away Beer Truck is gonna knock some heads in soon. Schmitt is a better blocker anyways, Weaver even admitted that Schmitt was helping him learn to block better. Weaver is more of a receiving FB that can throw his big body in the way.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Not the best position to go with all young players...now we have a young beer truck and will draft a rook...beer truck bites it ( knock on wood ) then what ? And to lose weaver after all we invested in him, to a one year deal ?....friggin stupid move IMO.

I hope Duckett can play fullback or else we could be hurting

Reaction score
there was a vet FB in town a few weeks ago and I thought someone on KJR said he had a deal in place IF Weaver signed to go elsewhere.

76hawksfan

Huddler
Reaction score
i'm confident enough in Schmitt so this is not that big of a deal to me. sounds like Weaver just wasn't fitting into Knapp's plan. Time to let Owen brak a few more facemasks :D

Reaction score
Justin Griffin will most likely end up signing with us soon. He played under both Mora and Knapp and fits Knapp's role as a fullback better then Leonard did.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Justin Griffin will most likely end up signing with us soon. He played under both Mora and Knapp and fits Knapp's role as a fullback better then Leonard did.
I really don't see the point in having Schmitt then. There is no point is going out and wasting cap room for another FB when you really only need one when you have a big guy like T.J. Duckett. Give Schmitt a chance and he will likely succeed.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Tj is technically on the roster as a RB..we only at this point have one FB in beer truck, so we have to have another fullback, you can't just have one player at a position like that

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Im hoping we address the FB and even the RB position in the draft. I like the philosophy of staying young at those positions.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Tj is technically on the roster as a RB..we only at this point have one FB in beer truck, so we have to have another fullback, you can't just have one player at a position like that
I was saying that if you just use Schmitt you can throw T.J. behind him on short yardage plays and it would be just fine.

The Seahawks have other positions to address more than FB, but they seem to be focusing on more than they need to.

Reaction score
The contract, according to a source, is a one-year deal that will pay him $1.75 million but also has incentives that could take the deal to $2.5 million.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
sad to see Weaver go, but I'm even more excited to see Schmitt play!! Here comes the run away beer truck!!!

Reaction score
Weaver became the first player to speak out about the split in the lockerroom stemming from Mike Holmgren's announcement prior to the season he would retire. Weaver said that some players wanted Holmgren, while others wanted Mora. Here are the quotes:
"I think it affected us as a team a lot. Some players, I think in some sense, it kind of got divided. The team divided a little bit, some guys were for Mike, some guys were for Jim. And, you know, I think when you make a move like that, that's not the best move for a team. However, it was what it was."
-Leonard Weaver
Seattle Times

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Weaver became the first player to speak out about the split in the lockerroom stemming from Mike Holmgren's announcement prior to the season he would retire. Weaver said that some players wanted Holmgren, while others wanted Mora. Here are the quotes:
"I think it affected us as a team a lot. Some players, I think in some sense, it kind of got divided. The team divided a little bit, some guys were for Mike, some guys were for Jim. And, you know, I think when you make a move like that, that's not the best move for a team. However, it was what it was."
-Leonard Weaver
Seattle Times
I saw that on King 5 last night. They said he had a "big mouth", but he was telling the truth and didn't act like an immature little bitch like they made him seem.

I think it was Keyshawn Johnson who said this could happen and it did. He predicted that they would start off slow and the Seahawks did and that some would be for Holmgren while others would be for Mora.

Hopefully this is a good example for other teams so they don't make the same mistake.

Reaction score
szat said:
Im hoping we address the FB and even the RB position in the draft. I like the philosophy of staying young at those positions.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :shock: :shock:

We ARE young at the FB position. OS is the best blocking back on the team when he played last season he crushed guys. Weaver just got in the way alot.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Another Player that said he didn't feel wanted by the team... When Ruskell doesn't want you he won't even talk to you...Hutch said the same thing same so did Josh Brown, I wonder if we even spoke to bobby engram about staying or about money ??? My guess ..we didn't

At least Ruskell can't run off Hass..like he has done so many other Holmgren players or can he ?

Top Bottom