• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Wednesday cyber surfing: Pro Bowl and Senior Bowl

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Jan. 25:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times wraps up three more Seahawks being added to the NFC Pro Bowl squad in less than 24 hours: “In the previous two years, the Seahawks were the only team in the NFL that did not have a player either named to the Pro Bowl or chosen as an injury replacement. Seattle’s five Pro Bowlers matches the franchise’s fourth-largest contingent.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald and Eric Williams at the News Tribune also weigh in on Marshawn Lynch’s addition to the Pro Bowl.
Here at Seahawks.com, we take a closer look at Brandon Browner’s improbable journey from the CFL to the Pro Bowl: “ ‘I was up there for four years, trying to get back every season,’ Browner said. ‘I got a few calls after every season up there, but nothing ever panned out. The best I could get was a tryout.’ The Seahawks gave him a chance, albeit a slim one, by signing Browner to a future contract last Jan. 21. The idea when training camp opened in late July was that Walter Thurmond would be the starter on the right side. But when a sprained ankle sidelined Thurmond, Browner stepped in – and there he stayed. ‘I had a good feeling about it here, once they said they would give me a shot,’ Browner said. ‘That’s all I really wanted was a shot. I knew I was going to make the most of it. Once they gave me that shot, I jumped on it and went at it as hard as I could.’ ”
We also take a closer look at Lynch’s addition to the team: “Lynch did not have a 100-yard effort in the first seven games, when he sat out one due to back spasms. But in the final nine games, Lynch went for 135, 109, 111, 148, 115 and 107. Part of that was the coaching staff deciding that running the ball with Lynch gave the offense its best chance to sustain drives, and the team its best opportunity to win. In the games where Lynch had at least 20 carries, the Seahawks were 5-3. In the games were he didn’t get 20 carries, they were 2-6.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com looks at the 2010 draft classes in the NFC West after Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor was added to the NFC Pro Bowl squad: “(Free safety Earl) Thomas and Chancellor are making this a successful class. (Left tackle Russell) Okung might be the best of the three, but only if he can get healthy. (Cornerback Walter) Thurmond was a starter until suffering an injury at Cleveland. He’ll have a hard time winning back a starting job now that Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman have locked down jobs. But he could still factor. (Wide receiver Golden) Tate made strides late in the 2011 season.”
Also at ESPN, they have started a series looking at current NFL players who also could have been effective in any era.
Rob Rang at NFLDraftScout.com, via CBSSports.com, has the word from Tuesday’s practices at the Senior Bowl: “With Penn State’s Devon Still – NFLDraftScout.com’s top-rated senior defensive tackle – out of the Senior Bowl due to a sprained toe, scouts were curious to see which of the remaining interior defensive linemen would be able to step up their play. Based on Tuesday’s North practice, Connecticut’s Kendall Reyes and Michigan’s Mike Martin are taking full advantage of the opportunity.”
Rang also has a new mock draft, but gives the Seahawks the same player as in his previous mock – USC defensive end Nick Perry: “Having captured a full third of Seattle’s 33 sacks in 2011, Chris Clemons has quietly emerged as one of the NFL’s most productive pass rushers. His statistics are inflated due to the matchups presented by Seattle’s LEO position, a hybrid pass-rushing role. Carroll recruited Perry to Southern Cal three years ago to fill precisely this role. The 6-3, 255-pound Perry led the Pac-12 with 9.5 sacks as a junior and may be just scratching the surface of his potential. Whether serving as a complement to Clemons or as his eventual replacement, Perry’s speed and pass rushing potential will be highly valued come draft day.”
Bucky Brooks at NFL.com tackles some questions from the Senior Bowl, including one that could interest the Seahawks: Who is the third-best QB in this draft class? Says Brooks: “The competition for the third quarterback position on draft boards is wide open with Oklahoma State’s Brandon Weeden, Michigan State’s Kirk Cousins and Arizona’s Nick Foles viewed as viable contenders for the spot. … One player to watch is San Diego State’s Ryan Lindsey. He spent four years directing a wide-open attack that featured several pro concepts and his intriguing physical tools could shine on the Senior Bowl’s big stage.”
Also at NFL.com, Pat Kirwan looks at the offensive and defensive linemen at the Senior Bowl: “The Senior Bowl has a reputation for showcasing a number of quality linemen that can play in the NFL, and this year appears to be no different. There may not be a sure-fire left tackle that can start on opening day or an Aldon Smith-type pass rusher on either roster, but teams that do their homework will find a number of players that can contribute early in their professional careers.”

b.gif
mS5wEjnqAvU

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom