• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wednesday In Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A recap of the day’s activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Oct. 12:
FOCUS ON
Brandon Browner. The team’s extra-large cornerback wasn’t aware his 94-yard interception return for a touchdown to ice Sunday’s upset of the Giants had broken the franchise record until someone told him on Tuesday morning.
That was good enough, but discovering when that record had been set left Browner shaking his head. It was 1979, when linebacker Sammy Green returned an interception 91 yards for a score in an Oct. 7 game against the 49ers.
“I wasn’t even born then,” Browner finally said with a smile. “That’s great. That’s big.”
Browner, in fact, wasn’t born until 1984.
But in only his fifth game with the Seahawks, the player who spent the past four seasons in the CFL ran his way into the record book. And quickly. Just how fast is the 6-foot-4, 221-pound Browner?
“I’ve got game speed,” Browner said. “I’m not a 40 (yard dash) guy. I won’t show any 4.3s (second) or anything of that. But I can get out of there.”
Told that his speed on that return was surprising, Browner smiled again and offered, “A lot of people felt that way. A lot of people were like, ‘Geez, you’re fast.’ Hey, I’m a fast football player. I play the game fast.”
Browner also played the game very physical, and had an even greater impact on the Seahawks’ 36-25 victory on Sunday than that one long return.
“Brandon is really a factor,” coach Pete Carroll said. “He bothered those guys. They were pushing and shoving and jawing at him and all that, because he wouldn’t let them go. He wouldn’t get off them. That’s a factor you don’t see that often in corners. It’s just because he’s so much bigger than guys.”
And, obviously, he’s also capable of making big plays.
IN ’N OUT
Wide receiver Mike Williams and defensive end Raheem Brock returned to practice after sitting out on Tuesday.
But nine players remained sidelined for the team’s final practice in their bye week: quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, running back Marshawn Lynch, tight end Zach Miller, center Max Unger, left guard Robert Gallery, offensive lineman Lemuel Jeanpierre, linebacker Leroy Hill, cornerback Marcus Trufant and rush-end Jameson Konz.
Jackson was simulating a throwing motion during practice, a good sign after he strained the pectoral in his right shoulder against the Giants. Unger was off the crutches he was using Tuesday, but still had his right foot in a protective boot.
STAT DU JOUR
Doug Baldwin leads the Seahawks in receptions (20) and receiving yards (330), but the undrafted free agent also is the only rookie in the league who’s among the Top 10 in third-down receptions. Here’s a look at that group:
Player, team Rec. Yards Avg. TD
Early Doucet, Cardinals 13 214 16.5 1
Darren Sproles, Saints 13 129 9.9 1
Mike Thomas, Jaguars 11 160 14.5 0
Jermichael Finley, Packers 10 183 18.3 1
Preston Parker, Buccaneers 10 169 16.9 1
Nate Washington, Titans 10 152 15.2 0
Doug Baldwin, Seahawks 9 132 14.7 0
Jimmy Graham, Saints 9 130 14.4 1
Matt Forte, Bears 9 90 10.0 0
Jahvid Best, Lions 9 86 9.6 1
UP NEXT
The players are off for the rest of their bye week. They will return Monday, when there is an afternoon practice scheduled.
Wide receiver Deon Butler, tight end Cameron Morrah and cornerback Roy Lewis, who are on the physically unable to perform list, will be able to participate in that practice – their first since last season. The club has a three-week window to look at the trio before it must decide whether to add them to the 53-man roster or place them on the season-ending injured reserve list.
YOU DON’T SAY
“This last game, I screwed up a whole bunch of plays that people don’t actually really see because they don’t know the plays. It wasn’t one of my best games. It just gives me more motivation to go out there and be better next game.” – Baldwin on his eight-catch, 136-yard performance against the Giants that included catching what proved to be the game-winning touchdown pass in the fourth quarter

b.gif
dkO4q-XNIU4

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom