• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What a way to start the 2009 season!

Reaction score
28-0, overcame 3 turnovers, defense played so great, Julia Jones became Julius Jones again, 12th Man was rockin', booth review under 2 minutes was a GIFT from upstairs... WHAT A GAME!

What were your favorite parts of the game?

62-yard run by 22...
Booth review for 12 men on the field by the Lambs...
Nate's back, baby!!!
WHOSEYOURMOMMA?!?!?
Will Herring + David Hawthorn played great when Lofa + Leroy went out with injury...
Curry played well...

Reaction score
John Carlson was unbelievable again.
Julius Jones broke that big 62-yard run for a TD.
Nate Burleson made some great grabs including a TD.
No one dropped a pass thrown to them that they should have catched.
Deon Butler got his first regular-season catch.
Justin Forsett got his first regular-season rush.
The O-Line protected Hasselbeck. Even though it's the Rams, they typically get to him.
The Seahawks pulled off a "Wildcat" type play. On The Jim Mora Show, Mora said they would do one of those plays weekly.

Above all, the Seahawks got the shutout and Curry got his first real taste of the NFL. :D

SeaHawker22

Huddler
Reaction score
All I can say is this looks like a team from past as in 05-06 form. Not saying we will be as good as 13-3 but we can always hope right.

seahawksean

Huddler
Reaction score
only one in the restaurant with a SEAHAWK jersey on and was proud of it...they did great!

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
This is the first time in a long, long, long, time that the Hawks looked intense and jacked up on opening day! You can see the bounce in their step, their nasty attitude and a winning attitude. In the past they have always looked flat on their opener but I think that's changed now. I loved Aaron Curry's interview after the game when he said the word around the league was the Seahawks were a soft team and he is determined to change that crap!!! No more of that shit! This is an awesome transformation for our team and I'm really jazzed about it!!! GO HAWKS!!!

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Many many positives to take out of this game...
First, as an outsider, never having been to the great Pacific Northwest, let alone Qwest Stadium on a Seahawk Home Game Sunday, the crowd was once again a huge factor in determining the intensity of the team. There is no greater home field advantage in the NFL. My Seahawk Cap goes off in appreciation to the men, women and children who were as loud and as intense as ever. The 12th Man lives and breathes. One day I too will be apart of the hysteria that is the 12th Man.

Second, I was very impressed by the O-Line's play throughout the day. They both pass and run blocked very well. They allowed Hass to stay upright most of the game and allowed our runners, whether it was Jules, Edge or Forsett, to make plays when they needed to.

Third, Hass proved he is undeniably the leader of this team.He never got flustered after our miscues in the first period. Angered, but calm, he rallied the team around him and helped lead them to victory.

Fourth, the Rams stated that they had no idea who John Carlson was?!? They know now and so does the rest of the league. Carlson proved what all of us already knew. He is already a stud TE in this game. He will be a force to be reckoned with. Teams will need to start to gameplan around him. All of this is good for our offense.

Fifth, Aaron Curry will be a stud in this league, eventually. As expected he made rookie mistakes and he will continue to make them. But once he learns the NFL there will be no stopping him. He is a beast. And I am glad he is a Seahawk.

In summary, we clicked (after the first quarter). We looked like a team that could play with anybody any day. Granted we were only playing the Rams, but we shut them out. We made the plays we needed to when we needed them. We didn't get rattled when things didn't go our way. We played smart, efficient football. If we play that kind of ball week in and week out, we will have a stellar season.

Now bring on the Forty-Whiners!!!!

Reaction score
SeaHawker22 said:
All I can say is this looks like a team from past as in 05-06 form. Not saying we will be as good as 13-3 but we can always hope right.

After the way our guys played, both on offense and defense, there is no reason we can't go 13-3. Not saying we will, but I have a good feeling we will go 3-0 to start the year off.

Especially after the way Cutler and the Teddies played last night. Cutler looked like the douche bag I have always said he was. He throws as many picks as TD's. Forte didn't do shit and now Urlacher will miss the rest of the season due to a wrist injury.

And the game next week, well it's against the 7-9ers and they too looked like shit, just barely beat a team just as shitty. Gore had like 30 yards on 22 carries, wtf? If we shut Jackson down, Gore will be a bore. Shaun Hill is not an NFL QB.

Back to the game though. It was insane, lost my voice and went deaf in the 1st quarter. Got my voice back after a couple brews.

The D was all over the field, playing at a very intense level. D line was constantly causing pressure, even when we didn't get to Bulger we forced a shit load of bad throws. Especially loved when Bulger was forced out of the pocket and tried to run and got his head taken off by Curry in a linebacker sandwhich. He was wobbling when he walked back to the sidelines and kept touching his noise and looking at his fingers as if he thought he had a nose bleed. J Wilson is looking like a shut down corner, way too early to call it, but he was covering a pretty damn good receiver in Avery.

Offense was dominant. After a rough start, one pick was tipped off TJ and Otagwe's hands and the other was a bad route by Nate (he was suppose to come back on route). The fumble that Nate had was just him trying to get an extra yard. I think he made up for that and so did Matt for his picks. Carlson is Carlson, enough said. TJ came through on clutch plays, JJ played like I believe he can. O Line played unbelievably, no sacks, 167 yards rushing and I don't recall more than one or two plays where our running backs were stuffed at the line. Those guys were opening holes up all day.

So damn stoked! Hawks will dominate in 2009!

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
happy to see that Lamb's kicker shank another one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How could I forget! Judas Brown = SCHTOINK!!!!!!!!!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yo that was an awesome game, just wanted to give a shout out to a few names besides the obvious that I thought had a nice game, from my vantage point.

Tapp & Jackson- Both ends were appliing lots of pressure, and clogging up the outside.

Josh wilson- excellent coverage and p-defense

WIll herring

Complete O-line, great pull and block by the rookie unger.
Vallos is my new starter!

And finally... in his first "official" start of his Career:

Jordan Babineaux
his name was not mentioned and sometimes that is the best you can ask for from a safety! :D

Reaction score
szat said:
Complete O-line, great pull and block by the rookie unger.
Vallos is my new starter!

:D

told you guys Unger was a beast... and that has nothing to do with him being a Duck.

If you watch that play where JJ broke off the big run, Unger blocks his guy, rolls out and blocks (knocks on their ass) like 2 more guys. He is a beast at run block. He isn't there yet, but he will make us forget Hutch.

Reaction score
i dont know if ill ever forget hutch...we are in the super bowl again if we dont lose him the ensuing season...but unger is definately very promising...

one of my fav. plays was curry shhhhhmacking...stephan jackson like he was a 10 year old cheerleader...im lovin the instant hate they have for eachother...should be somethin to watch next game

Reaction score
I really HATE spencer..

guys from fox, espn and NFL are always running their mouth about how hurt our O line is because Spencer is out.

Since when is Spencer a big deal when it comes to our O line? He hasn't done shit since becoming our starting C, plus he is always hurt.

Vallos was a solid starter down the stretch last year.

When is Spencers contract up?

Reaction score
If not mistake #one after this year. That's why when he was supposedly hurt a lot of people said if he missed the whole year it was the end of his Seahawk career.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He is in his contract year.
Not only has he been injury prone last 2 years, he has missed blocks, and does seem to have the command or confidence needed at center. Big disapointment.

Rob sims however is the real deal i think and hope he has a rebound year.

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
But we must all, unfortunately, keep in mind, that one game does not a season make.

We have to go out on Sunday and take the forty-whiners to the wood shed and prove that the Lamb game was not a fluke on our part.

Ninerfiend

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE said:
SeaHawker22 said:
And the game next week, well it's against the 7-9ers and they too looked like shit, just barely beat a team just as shitty. Gore had like 30 yards on 22 carries, wtf? If we shut Jackson down, Gore will be a bore.

I guess Gore was a bore today <sighs>

Ninerfiend

Huddler
Reaction score
Bigtexhawk said:
But we must all, unfortunately, keep in mind, that one game does not a season make.

We have to go out on Sunday and take the forty-whiners to the wood shed and prove that the Lamb game was not a fluke on our part.

What was that about a wood shed? I'm just sayin'......

Reaction score
I'm glad you 49ers fans have nothing else to do but go to the other teams sites and talk trash. Shows a lack of maturity, but congrats on a good game even though Gore was the only reason you guys won.

Top Bottom