• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where are they now?

Reaction score
This is where I will discuss former Seahawks and what they are currently doing.

To start us off Kerry Joseph- Joseph played Safety for the Seahawks from 1999-2002 until they let him go. Since then he has played in the CFL and is currently a QB for the Toronto Argonauts. In 2007 he won the Grey Cup for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Next up will be Chad Brown whose birthday was July 12th. Any players you guys would like to see let me know!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Since Chad Brown was let go by the Seahawks he signed with the Patriots. He played one year with them and then signed with the Steelers after they defeated Seattle in Super Bowl XL. In 2007 he re-signed with New England and since then he's been out of football. He had been writing a blog on profootballtalk.com about his experience as an NFL player, but I haven't seen any lately. With the Seahawks he made two Pro Bowls with the Seahawks and one All-Pro team. Brown will always have a heart in the Seahawks fans for his play on the field and commitment to Seattle as he was a key part in rebuilding them and a start to a dominant linebacking future.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
After being let go after the 2000 season Cortez Kennedy had oppurtunities to sign with other teams in the NFL, but wanted to walk away with the team that made him a third-overall selection in the 1990 NFL Draft. Since then he won Defensive Player of the Year, made eight Pro Bowls (A Seahawk record until Walter Jones broke the record), three All Pro teams, a member of the 1990's All-Decade team and a Ring of Honor after all of it was done has left Kennedy as the most likely next in line true Seahawk of joining the Hall of Fame. Since his retirment Kennedy has been a finalist for the Hall of Fame call and awaits for his enshirenment. However as all of that goes on Kennedy has been raising his daughter, hunting and fishing, while living a retired NFL life. Kennedy said in a recent interview with the Seattle PI "I'm loving life" saying "When your only worry is about raising your daughter you forget everything you did in your sports days." Kennedy was at the Seahawk/Dolphin game in Miami in November 2008 where he attended college. Kennedy is still awaiting the call that makes him a Hall of Famer and until then he remains one of the best defensive linemen ever to suit up in Seahawk blue, green and gray.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
After playing for the Seahawks Rufus Porter and going to two Pro Bowls with the Seahawks he went to the Buccaneers and Saints. With the Bucs he started 10 games in 1997 in which they were the third ranked defense it was his final season in the NFL. After he left the Seahawks Porter never had as much success as he did in Seattle having just 3.5 sacks in three seasons (two with New Orleans and one in Tampa Bay). His son currently plays LB at Louisiana Tech and will be entering is freshman year.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096
Thanks for the update on Rufus, he was one of my favorite Hawks back then!
I'll probably have a few more for ya soon. Thanks! BT45

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
No problem... sorry I couldn't find more out. Not a lot about him. Most likely probably just living a retired NFL mans life and please give me more players I iwll work on Fredd Young as soon as I can.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096, Thanks again, much appreciated! It's cool that you offer to do this!
Here's some more I'd be interested in
Joe Nash
Keith Simpson
Michael Jackson
Sammy Green
Greg Gaines
Bruce Scholtz
Keith Butler
Jeff Bryant
Paul Skansi
Paul Johns
Darryl Turner

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
BT45 I wanted you to know I have not forgot your list of players you have recommended! I'm currently at college with little internet access and haven't had the time to do any, but I will be home this weekend and am going to try and get a few of these bad boys done! As soon as I do they will be posted for all to see!

hawksfan81

Huddler
Reaction score
I know michael jackson lives in pasco. His son played football for pasco with my youngest brother.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
BT45 I wanted you to know I have not forgot your list of players you have recommended! I'm currently at college with little internet access and haven't had the time to do any, but I will be home this weekend and am going to try and get a few of these bad boys done! As soon as I do they will be posted for all to see!

No worries!! There was never any doubt ! I appreciate you getting the info for all of us on here! Thank you 96. ;)

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
hawksfan81 said:
I know michael jackson lives in pasco. His son played football for pasco with my youngest brother.

Thanks HF81, I appreciate that. I believe Michael also played his high school ball for Pasco didn't he?

S

Seattlehawk94

Kerry Joseph won his Grey Cup as the QB of the Saskatewan Roughriders not the Bombers..

Also....Chadwick Brown still lives in Boulder and still owns Pro Exotics Reptiles also in Boulder where he went to college at CU...

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
ex-Seahawk Practice Squad Player WR Jason Willis is currently playing for the Jacksonville Sharks in the AFL after their one-year off of the league.

Also in the league:
Samie Parker- WR spent 2008 with the Seahawks on the Practice Squad when injury bug was biting. Currently plays for Chicago Rush.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
kenny easley

it seems to me he had a terminal illness but i cant remember exactly...where is he? what about 3rd down dan(doornik)

Top Bottom