• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who is really coaching this team?

S

Seattlehawk94

621seahawks17_496mu_mora.jpg

Does anyone see anything wrong with this pic? Why is the DB's coach out there during and instant replay anyways? Shouldn't he be by the bench uh...COACHING THE DBS?

Just who is really running this team?

Reaction score
I think Mike is running the team. I will say this though I do think Mora should start to call the plays now. I don't think Holmy would allow Mora to call the shots in his last hoorah.

Reaction score
Mora is also the Assistant Coach or whatever. Are you gonna blame the guy for trying to pump the team up? Holmgren has never been that type of guy. He tries to pump teams up by telling stories. Sometimes you need someone who can get your blood pumping.

Holmgren calls the plays, but with him already giving up on the season by saying "The Seahawks will be back next year". The Seahawks are done for the year and Mora should be allowed to get involved a lot more if not take full control as Head Coach. I think Holmgren is a good enough guy to see that the season is over and that the team needs to have a smooth transition to a new coach and right now would be the best time to start that transition.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe we don't need a smooth transition...

Look what happened to the Rams when Haslett took over. For a couple of games, they were competitive. There is too much complacency around the Seahawks organization. Walter Jones said it himself - they just got used to winning the NFC West. They essentially leaped ahead of the competition years ago, but then never continued to innovate. So all the competition caught up, so to speak.

A 2-8 record (or 3-13 as I see it) should be enough to create a sense of urgency. I just hope they take that sense of urgency and do something with it in the off season.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Maybe we don't need a smooth transition...

Look what happened to the Rams when Haslett took over. For a couple of games, they were competitive. There is too much complacency around the Seahawks organization. Walter Jones said it himself - they just got used to winning the NFC West. They essentially leaped ahead of the competition years ago, but then never continued to innovate. So all the competition caught up, so to speak.

A 2-8 record (or 3-13 as I see it) should be enough to create a sense of urgency. I just hope they take that sense of urgency and do something with it in the off season.

Something like re-signing LeRoy Hill. Drafting Michael Crabtree and a Free Safety.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Something like re-signing LeRoy Hill. Drafting Michael Crabtree and a Free Safety.

Precisely.

As far as the secondary goes, I hope they give Jamar Adams a shot at SS. Maybe towards the end of the season considering nothing else matters... By the way, why is Deon Grant playing Strong and Russell playing Free? Is it just a product of Brian's atrocious play?

Reaction score
I think Holmy is coaching the team, but Mora is a fire 'em up guy. A part of me can't wait for him next year to fire up Hasselbeck and Julius. I honestly think we should just lose out. Yes lose the Lams that will allow us to draft before them. We need to get a play maker at WR, a second CB and another Safety. Even though I think Russell has been improving his play over the past few weeks.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well Mora may be coaching the entire team after all look at how there playing..just like the DBs and thats shitty. I would like to see my new head coach perform well, not be one of the reasons that WE SUCK ! Who knows whats going on behind closed doors, there could be infighting, guys taking sides , who knows...or we could just suck and thats that :lol:

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I think Holmy is coaching the team, but Mora is a fire 'em up guy. A part of me can't wait for him next year to fire up Hasselbeck and Julius. I honestly think we should just lose out. Yes lose the Lams that will allow us to draft before them. We need to get a play maker at WR, a second CB and another Safety. Even though I think Russell has been improving his play over the past few weeks.

Well he couldn't do much worse...

Reaction score
Look at last year, our Secondary was really good with Mora. This year, they haven't been producing and it's not Mora's fault. Other teams have found ways to beat us because the front office thought we could survive with a bunch of short Corners without really no talent to make up for that. Asante Samual was available and I'm sure players would have reconfigured their contracts to get him on the team. After losing Hackett and Branch getting injured we should have picked up a WR in the draft or at least signed a decent one or maybe even Donte Stallworth. It was all possible, but it was never taken into consideration because apparently they think we can keep going with the same talent and keep beating teams that are building up.

The Cardinals have had solid WRs. Now they have a solid QB, a decent RB and now a good Corner in Cromartie along with what was already there. I expect a lot of changes to come after this 3-13 (4-12 at best) season. The Seahawks would be smart to take out Hasselbeck and Branch to let them fully heal up and let the other WRs and Wallace/Frye take over and get some experience against good teams. (Patriots, Jets, Redskins, Cowboys, etc)

Reaction score
phaZe said:
After losing Hackett and Branch getting injured we should have picked up a WR in the draft or at least signed a decent one or maybe even Donte Stallworth. It was all possible, but it was never taken into consideration because apparently they think we can keep going with the same talent and keep beating teams that are building up.

I was so pissed when we didn't grab a receiver in the draft... Apparently our only need was long snapper an kicker lol. I guess we're fee;ing the repercussions... But look at this potential depth chart for receiver next year

Branch
Crabtree
Engram
K-Rob
Burleson

If Engram retires though move Branch onto the slot and we have 3 big guys and one short guy... awesome.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Branch
Crabtree
Engram
K-Rob
Burleson

That looks awesome.

I want the season to be over already! I just want to get to the draft and prepare another division title.

Reaction score
On top of Branch, Crabtree, Koren and Burleson (assuming Engram does retire) let's not forget our young guys like Bumpus and Taylor. We also have a stud at Tight End also in Carlson, but the main factor is having Hasselbeck for a full complete HEALTHY year. I also think with the full production of Julius Jones and none of this sharing time we could return to a 11-13 win ball club. The defense just needs to be worked on a few minor situations, but nothing that's too serious.

The reason we didn't take a WR during the off-season is I think they were worried about getting a guy with no West Coast Offense experience. As for drafting one I think Koren's ghosts still cycle the war room.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
On top of Branch, Crabtree, Koren and Burleson (assuming Engram does retire) let's not forget our young guys like Bumpus and Taylor. We also have a stud at Tight End also in Carlson, but the main factor is having Hasselbeck for a full complete HEALTHY year. I also think with the full production of Julius Jones and none of this sharing time we could return to a 11-13 win ball club. The defense just needs to be worked on a few minor situations, but nothing that's too serious.

The reason we didn't take a WR during the off-season is I think they were worried about getting a guy with no West Coast Offense experience. As for drafting one I think Koren's ghosts still cycle the war room.

Morris really doesn't have a role on this team anymore... Then again New York has a "3-headed monster" why can't we have our own Cerberus?

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
On top of Branch, Crabtree, Koren and Burleson (assuming Engram does retire) let's not forget our young guys like Bumpus and Taylor. We also have a stud at Tight End also in Carlson.

John Carlson has had some key drops, so I'm skeptical of his future as a face of the franchise. By the way, is Michael Bumpus still on the practice squad?

Reaction score
Cole said:
Hawk096 said:
On top of Branch, Crabtree, Koren and Burleson (assuming Engram does retire) let's not forget our young guys like Bumpus and Taylor. We also have a stud at Tight End also in Carlson.

John Carlson has had some key drops, so I'm skeptical of his future as a face of the franchise. By the way, is Michael Bumpus still on the practice squad?

WTF you talking about? Carlson is a stud in the making.

Reaction score
Cole said:
Hawk096 said:

Yeah Bumpus is still on the squad and he's (Carlson) still young he has a lot of potential. I like Carlson a lot and think this guy will do wonders for us.

Top Bottom