• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wilson's 2nd & 3rd Quarters

Reaction score
How bout the TD call on 4th down? That was a surprise to me. I figured a run was coming.

The play calling ranged from extreme conservative to reckless. Made for a fun ride but that toss was pretty risky.
Yeah, that fade was a risky move. You don't convert there and it's game over. But, perfect adjustment and even better body control by Edwards <- this is why we signed him, haters. He's a faster, more talented version of Mike Willaims. I'd bring him in on every red zone/goal line passing play.

Reaction score
^ Kind of reminded me of Hass in '10. We'd have a 4th and 2 and Matt would chuck a fade 40 yards to Deon Butler. You guessed it, we didn't convert.

Reaction score
Jeremy Bates makes Bevell look like Bill Walsh. Edwards is built to go after fades like that. Wasn't crazy about the call, but it worked.

Reaction score
I like that call much better on a 1st or 2nd down. High risk/high reward... but like I said, you miss on that and its game over when you only needed 3 yards.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Agree that play calling had something to do with it.
I was getting frustrated with the whole run, run, pass. And then on the pass bevel seems to want to go deep.
On 3rd and short, give me a high percentage option like a slant, not get all tricksy. Did the end around sidney bomb count as one of the incompletes?

There were some drops too, but the WR made up for it with some amazing grabs in the game!

Reaction score
Agree that play calling had something to do with it.
I was getting frustrated with the whole run, run, pass. And then on the pass bevel seems to want to go deep.
On 3rd and short, give me a high percentage option like a slant, not get all tricksy. Did the end around sidney bomb count as one of the incompletes?

There were some drops too, but the WR made up for it with some amazing grabs in the game!
Dude we've already put this to rest in previous threads. Russell cant throw slants or quick outs. C'mon man!

Reaction score
Lol^ I will say that that screen to Tate was AWFUL execution by Wilson. He's pretty lucky he didn't throw a pick 6 there. The Patriots saw it coming, he hesitated and threw it anyway.

Reaction score
Just like the announcer said, you can't hesitate on that play. You make a split second decision and either throw it to your guy or bail on it and throw it away. That was horrid and I agree, could've ended much worse. Rookie mistake. Don't make it again!

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Care to give an opinion on the disparity in performance between the 1st/4th quarters and 2nd/3rd?

I know you want to hate the guy, but he had a game winning bomb that he threw perfectly to a streaking receiver. Was the 2nd and 3rd Q's bad? Yes, but no turnovers (big for a rookie in close games). But I am going to look at the glass half full than half empty...

Reaction score
I know you want to hate the guy, but he had a game winning bomb that he threw perfectly to a streaking receiver. Was the 2nd and 3rd Q's bad? Yes, but no turnovers (big for a rookie in close games). But I am going to look at the glass half full than half empty...
RDog, where have you been? 18 doesnt hate the guy! He's the biggest closet Wilsonfan on here ;D

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
RDog, where have you been? 18 doesnt hate the guy! He's the biggest closet Wilsonfan on here ;D

It's not as easy to stir up the QB conspiracy with Wilson tossing TD's. It is kind of funny, the media has convinced me that you can't win in the NFL without a Superstar QB. I bought in, it makes sense. But the fan in me wants it to be a team win. Superstar QB's compensate for thier teams weaknesses but if they go down your screwed.

I think Shermans statement "We're built for a heavyweight fight. I don't think they're built for a heavyweight fight." exemplifies this.

In the end, I still don't like that Wilson is short. It limits our passing plays. Wilson may have what it takes to win but the games might always be close. Sometimes it is nice to have comfortable leads in games.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude we've already put this to rest in previous threads. Russell cant throw slants or quick outs. C'mon man!

You owe me push ups, and I know you can do like a 1000 since your a duck.

BTW all there is no more QB contraversy, that shit is over.
RW is the man, played better then Phillip rivers, and is up for Rookie of the week, which he should win.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on Wilson being better than Flynn but I am convinced that in these circumstances Wilson should be the starter. He needs to improve but what rookie doesnt? He did shut up all the Flynn shouts for sure.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I suspect that because the 49ers D is better than the Patriots or the Panthers, Bevell will go all conservative again. I would expect a regression this week.

Top Bottom