• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are the Rams the Worst Drafting Team in the NFL?

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
and they passed on a franchise quarterback in 3 of the past 4 drafts- Jay Cutler in 2006, Matt Ryan in 2008 and Mark Sanchez last year

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Cutler is far far far from a franchise QB...The Bears will have him benched come mid-season next year...And it is too early for Sanchez...One season a Franchise QB does not make...Ryan seems to be the choice and latest savior in Atlanta, but can he bounce back from injury

But in answer to the thread's question: Yes, the Lambs are the worst drafting team the last decade.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How could you claim they are the worst. Have you seen the Raiders draft picks as of late???

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
Jay Cutler had nothing last year. Devin Hester was his best receiver, and he'd be a 3 or 4 on most teams. They had no running game, a terrible offensive line, and their defense fell off a lot. And besides, would you rather have him or Mark Bulger, Kyle Boller and Keith Null?

Reaction score
So nfldraft2010...do you go around to like several forums and post the link to that website to get viewers? I was curious if you were a bot and looked on Google and you are on a lot of NFL Team forums posting the same kind of stuff.

It's pretty cheap advertising if that's the case.

Edit: If you want proof, here are a few:

http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49160
http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49162
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=1491971
http://www.footballboards.com/nfl-football-forum/26791-most-dangerous-player-years-draft.html
http://www.ravens247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49160
http://new.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/thread/20005410
http://www.ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?5,24895,24895 - Same as this thread...

---------------------------

I wouldn't consider the Rams the worst, they are trying to build the team from the inside out, which for them seems to be taking forever. I think the Raiders have been the worst drafting team in the NFL. Russell, McFadden, Heyward-Bey, etc. McFadden was suppose to be good and now he is stuck behind Fargas for whatever reason.

S

Seattlehawk94

NFLDouche2010 is one of those "expert" fucks who goes to every message board showing his LACK of knowledge..See them every fucking year right after the season.

BTW, yeah the Faiders are worse...And Slutler is a joke....Much like your knowledge of the game I see by calling him a "Franchise QB".

One more thing...Dirty Sanchez isn't a "Franchise QB" either...He's a media creation who hands the ball off 45 times a game and probably will for the rest of his career...He's fucking Rodney Peete or Erik Kramer in Detroit with Sanders...So fucking what? They took Leos to the playoffs? Basically it was doing what Dirty did...Handing the ball off to a great RB and basically throwing the ball once every 5 minutes of game clock.

S

Seattlehawk94

P.S. You people left out #2 Pick in the entire draft Robert Gallery...Who plays like he's one of those art gallery types named "Serge" who'd rather suck a cock than throw a block...

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
If you look at when Jay Cutler actually had talent around him in Denver, he put up franchise qb numbers. He has no help in Chicago. Yes, he threw some terrible interceptions, but I saw Devin Hester fall on his routes about 30- 40 times in the 3 Bear games I watched. And you're right about Sanchez just handing the ball off this year, but when is the last time a rookie quarterback has had much success besides the fluke of Flacco and Ryan? Even Mr. Manning threw a rookie record number of interceptions. I'm probably insane, but I would definitely take either of them over Matt Hasselbeck at age 35.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah but TALENT around him doesn't equal a FRANCHISE QB...It means you win because you have weapons...Whoa..."Franchise"...Not really...

A "Franchise" QB is someone who can win IN SPITE of his talent or lackthereof....Elway, Marino, and more than a few others won without talent for most of their careers...Slutler is an INT tossing fluke POS who choked away a division title and was run out of town...He's crap...I don't get why he still get's some love around the league for basically doing shit his whole career..

Reaction score
Flacco and Ryan's rookie seasons weren't flukes at all. They had talent around them. The Ravens offensive line and their defense were the reason Flacco was successful and Ryan had a good offensive line, Michael Turner, Roddy White, and a pretty good defense. Not a fluke because they didn't carry their teams and Flacco proved it wasn't a fluke by winning another playoff game this year. Ryan was missing Michael Turner for 7 games this year otherwise he probably would have been in the playoffs again as well.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Pretty weak article, and some weaker analysis. To state they are the worst, except maybe the Lions - and then not talk about the Lion's draft picks- basically says the author doesn't believe the assertion.

That aside, the Raiders are the worst. While the draft choices haven't lived up to expectations, at least the Rams's picks made sense at the time. The fact that guys that were projected to be studs but didn't live up to the hype can only be partially blamed on the team. The Raiders, on the other hand, have a history of picking guys that nobody feels belong, and then they bust. I would say picking Bey over Crabtree is far worse than anything the Rams have done in the past 10 years.

Oh - and when is the media going to get over the Sanchez insanity? He did very little this year. When a QB is responsible for less than half a teams yeards, it is hard to give him much credence. He ran for 106 of their 2,756 rushing yards and had 2,249 net yards passing. Oh - and 12 TDs to 20 INTs and a rating of 63.0. Wow! Wouldn't we be proud to have our QB post those kind of numbers?! Wait... Matt threw for 3,000 yards and had more TDs and fewer INTs (17 each) and a higher QB rating and fans are calling for his head. Huh.

Reaction score
D Hawk;44963 said:
Pretty weak article, and some weaker analysis. To state they are the worst, except maybe the Lions - and then not talk about the Lion's draft picks- basically says the author doesn't believe the assertion.

That aside, the Raiders are the worst. While the draft choices haven't lived up to expectations, at least the Rams's picks made sense at the time. The fact that guys that were projected to be studs but didn't live up to the hype can only be partially blamed on the team. The Raiders, on the other hand, have a history of picking guys that nobody feels belong, and then they bust. I would say picking Bey over Crabtree is far worse than anything the Rams have done in the past 10 years.

Oh - and when is the media going to get over the Sanchez insanity? He did very little this year. When a QB is responsible for less than half a teams yeards, it is hard to give him much credence. He ran for 106 of their 2,756 rushing yards and had 2,249 net yards passing. Oh - and 12 TDs to 20 INTs and a rating of 63.0. Wow! Wouldn't we be proud to have our QB post those kind of numbers?! Wait... Matt threw for 3,000 yards and had more TDs and fewer INTs (17 each) and a higher QB rating and fans are calling for his head. Huh.

I like this dude.

S

Seattlehawk94

New Yawk media bias.....That is the same town that once claimed:

Dave Brown
Danny Kannell
Kent Graham
Ken O'Brien
Ray Lucas
Richard Todd
Pat Ryan
and Browning Nagel

were going to be "Great QBs"....In New Yawk you can be a suckfuck piece of shit and basically get National facetime on E!SPN for your whole tenure there...

Dirty Sanchez is the next on that wonderful list....

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;44958 said:
A "Franchise" QB is someone who can win IN SPITE of his talent or lackthereof....Elway, Marino, and more than a few others won without talent for most of their careers...Slutler is an INT tossing fluke POS who choked away a division title and was run out of town...He's crap...I don't get why he still get's some love around the league for basically doing shit his whole career..

I guess the question for today could be are Wayne and Garcon that good, or does Peyton turn them into stars? Similar question with Seattle... D Jack and DJ (to name a few) put up incredible numbers in Seattle with Matt, but then go to new teams and are total busts. A Franchise QB will take decent talent and make them look like pro-bowl caliber receivers.

S

Seattlehawk94

That's the case exactly...

Does anyone think the "Three Amigos" are even close to being as good as their boxoffice bomb namesake without Mr. Ed? No...

Does Dropson even have near the numbers without Matt? No...

Is Mark Clayton anymore than a stud for Heisman Trophy winners and prison cellmates without Marino? Nope...Duper? Not so super...

Hell...Without Bradshaw Swann is a joke...His numbers are weak...Stallworthless? Same...

Great QBs make stars out of medium talent....Seen it too much to think otherwise...

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
I understand Sanchez had a bad year, but he was a ROOKIE! Peyton Manning threw more picks as a rookie than him. He's only going to get better. Also, I didn't mean Flacco and Ryan were flukes in terms of their talent, just the fact that two rookie quarterbacks having that kind of success will likely never happen again.

Top Bottom