• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bruce on the JUICE

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
Another grounded bird. If it's any consolation two of the four games are against Carolina and Jacksonville and of the two better teams only one (Houston) is away.
This IS our year and this crap should NOT be happening.

"Irvin's suspension also continues a troubling trend of Seattle players running afoul of the league's policies on banned substances. Since 2011, five Seahawks players -- John Moffitt, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Brandon Browner and Irvin -- have received four-game suspensions. Barbre was later released by the team." - Associated Press

Below is his apology via twitter.

http://t.co/3VRJPooUyE

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Not good timing with Clem out. I guess you put your head in the lions mouth sometimes you get bit. Now all the critics will start saying "Exactly the reason why no one expected him to go in the 1st round."

I'm not going to say I wasn't shocked with the pick, Irvin better have a real special season when he comes back.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
From 2010 to 13 there has been 50 players in the NFL that have been suspended for using PED's. Seems it's allot more common then I thought it was.

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
As harsh as this is going to sound, I think the Hawks got a mild break today when news came out that Crabtee tore his ACL and is likely to miss at least the next 6 months. That's one game Irvin is scheduled to miss in the first part of the season.

Reaction score
As harsh as this is going to sound, I think the Hawks got a mild break today when news came out that Crabtee tore his ACL and is likely to miss at least the next 6 months. That's one game Irvin is scheduled to miss in the first part of the season.
Achilles

OP
SEA#FENSE

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
The word at WHINER OTA's was Anquan Boldin is forging himself into the first look of Kapernicks progression.
I don't think you can say he's no Crabtree. It's more like the other way around.
Just ask Flaco and the Ravens how valuable he was.

Reaction score
Boldin is slow. He ran a 4.7 coming out of college and that was a decade ago. He'll be blanketed by Sherm/Browner and if he does happen to get open for a pass, Kam will give him another concussion (See Ravens @ Seahawks 2011).

Reaction score
That's just straight line speed though. Boldin is a good route runner, has great hands, and is physical enough to challenge Sherm/BB at the LOS. Not saying he'll dominate by any means, but it is going to be fun to watch him and our corners go at it.

Reaction score
That's just straight line speed though. Boldin is a good route runner, has great hands, and is physical enough to challenge Sherm/BB at the LOS. Not saying he'll dominate by any means, but it is going to be fun to watch him and our corners go at it.
4.7 in a 40 yard dash is slow for a WR. It's slow for a fucking LB.

If it didn't matter or wasn't a significant measurable for WR, people wouldn't make a huge deal about it and it wouldnt be the single biggest event at the NFL combine.

Straight line speed? Is he faster running in circles?

He's slow. Always has been. He's not #1 receiver material and if that is the best SF puts on the field, then our secondary will have a field day.

OP
SEA#FENSE

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
Largent wasn't fast, Biletnikoff wasn't fast and they both own Yellow Jackets. You can be a track star with great hands but if you cant separate you cant be a WR. Separation comes with perfect route execution.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
All I know is the PED's need to stop.. We can't afford to be losing guys over this stupid shit.. Since Pete came to Seattle we have had the most suspensions in the NFL... enough is enough...

Reaction score
4.7 in a 40 yard dash is slow for a WR. It's slow for a fucking LB.

If it didn't matter or wasn't a significant measurable for WR, people wouldn't make a huge deal about it and it wouldnt be the single biggest event at the NFL combine.

Straight line speed? Is he faster running in circles?

He's slow. Always has been. He's not #1 receiver material and if that is the best SF puts on the field, then our secondary will have a field day.

40 yard dash times don't always translate to how fast a player looks in pads. Boldin isn't a superstar, but he's still very good player.

Reaction score
40 yard dash times don't always translate to how fast a player looks in pads. Boldin isn't a superstar, but he's still very good player.

Yes it does. Chris Johnson and DeSean Jackson, 4.24 and 4.35 respectively, are very fast.

Anquan Boldin and Mike Williams, 4.7 and 4.6 respectively, are slow.

Reaction score
The word at WHINER OTA's was Anquan Boldin is forging himself into the first look of Kapernicks progression.
I don't think you can say he's no Crabtree. It's more like the other way around.

Boldin shined in the SB due to the attention Torey Smith and Jacoby Jones were getting. The TD catch he caught was out of the slot playing against a LB. He's still a decent complimentary guy, but I don't see him as a legit #1 and that’s a good thing for us :D

Reaction score
Yes it does. Chris Johnson and DeSean Jackson, 4.24 and 4.35 respectively, are very fast.

Anquan Boldin and Mike Williams, 4.7 and 4.6 respectively, are slow.

I'm not saying someone who runs a 4.7 will look like Desean Jackson. But look at BMW vs. Boldin. Boldin ran a slower 40, but plays faster than Williams.

Reaction score
Largent wasn't fast, Biletnikoff wasn't fast and they both own Yellow Jackets. You can be a track star with great hands but if you cant separate you cant be a WR. Separation comes with perfect route execution.

Not to take anything away from either of those guys, but they played in a different era, vs different guys.

Early on in his career, Boldin was able to make up for his lack of speed with his strength and precise route running. But he has aged and declined in all of those categories. Its pretty evident by anyone who has watched him the last two seasons. I remember the game vs the Hawks in 2011. He was held to 4 catches for 40 yards for most of the game and then knocked out with a concussion by Kam. He was a good complimentary guy in Baltimore, playing second fiddle to Torey Smith and later on Jacoby Jones.

When the two teams take the field Sept. 15th and Boldin is the best SF WR on the field that day, then HUGE advantage us.

Reaction score
I'm not saying someone who runs a 4.7 will look like Desean Jackson. But look at BMW vs. Boldin. Boldin ran a slower 40, but plays faster than Williams.
I'm not saying that you're saying that. You're dismissing that his 4.7 speed translates into him being a slow receiver (by NFL WR standards). Like I've been saying, he's getting older, his skill set is dimenishing. He is not the same guy he was 10 years ago. He's currently the best WR on that SF roster and thats pretty telling of their situation at that position.

Mike Williams may have been a bad example. When he came out of college and ran the 40, he was a lot slimmer and looked a lot quicker. We got the 240+lb beer-gut version when he was playing here.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

He's his number # 1 now that Crab is out.
Boldin is a great WR, what he lacks in speed he makes up for vet savy, and great hands, YAC. But he is not near as explosive as Crabtree, and is not a true #1 IMO, I wouldnt even put him at the X, he is more of Y or slot guy.

Top Bottom