• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cam Newton to the Seahawks?

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;52377 said:
How many QB's who primarily run who also ran the spread in college do well in the NFL?

*crickets*

That's why I don't want $cam Newton.

#1 - Steve Young
#2 - Mike Vick
#3 - Donavan McNabb
#4 - Fran Tarkenton
#5 - Alex Smith (haha, just kidding on this one)

Those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Newton is a special athlete, like Vick was / is. I think he is going to be, at the very least, a good player. If we works hard, he could be great.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
dizzle498;52411 said:
#1 - Steve Young
#2 - Mike Vick
#3 - Donavan McNabb
#4 - Fran Tarkenton
#5 - Alex Smith (haha, just kidding on this one)

Those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Newton is a special athlete, like Vick was / is. I think he is going to be, at the very least, a good player. If we works hard, he could be great.

QB's #1-4 ran the spread really? I wasn't aware of that.

Being sarcastic if you can't tell.

S

Seattlehawk94

Young ran the WCO (under someone we know well I might add)
Vick ran the Proset
McNabb ran a version of the spread
Tarkenton ran the Wing-T at Georgia
Smith...Well...Smith ran a modified spread/WCO hybrid...

Can I vote "none of the above"? On FagNewton and Mallet? We can make a move on Buffalo's #1 because Fitz has become a fan and coaches favorite in Buffalo...You know who I'm talking about if we did that....

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Newton is a special talent, we would be foolish not to take a long hard look at him.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52441 said:
We can make a move on Buffalo's #1 because Fitz has become a fan and coaches favorite in Buffalo...You know who I'm talking about if we did that....

Who? Not Luck. The Panthers, Broncos, and Bengals will pick ahead of the Bills (at this point) and the Cardinals and Lions have the same record as the Bills. So it's possible the Bills pick anywhere from 4-6. Who is available that we would want in that range?

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, Luck.....

Panthers---drafted a QB already...Not giving up on him yet..
Broncos----same
Bengals are the wild card...
Bills---would move out of that pick..
Lions---Stafford

Cruds are the only team that really wouldn't be willing to make a move if they could get Luck...

4-6 might be low enough to get him....There is no way some of those teams are going to pay #1-5 money on a position they feel they have set...

Most would more than listen to a GOOD (not great) offer to move up there...

Newton is a special talent

So were Akili Smith, Alex Smith, Jemarcus Russell, pre-prison Dogkiller, Cade McNown, Michael Bishop, Culpepper, Andre Ware, and countless other "hybrid" QBs....

Other than Young, post-prison Dogkiller, McNabb, Cunningham, and Gannon (when he could run early in his career) there are NO GREAT HYBRIDS..

Tarkenton and Elway were PASSERS FIRST....That is the ONLY type of scramblers that work in the NFL....

You don't draft a guy like Jakemarcus or FagNewton because you are taking ANOTHER QB WITHIN 3 YEARS...If we are replacing our GREATEST QB EVER...You get a guy who will be around nearly 2 decades and will become the face of your franchise..

Luck is that kinda guy....Luck will be a guy who will hold every Seahawks record when it's all done and probably will win a couple of Superbowls..

You don't replace Matthew with fucking Carson Daily or some other washout from another town....You re-sign him and let him mentor the future knowing when he re-signs that is his mission...You don't let him leave unless he want's to...

You CERTAINLY don't let INTERCEPTION JESUS "mentor" a young QB after this asshole is CAMPAIGNING to replace Matthew and underminding him at every turn....Let's just say INT Jesus is not a locker room favorite.....He'd KILL a young QB's career if he could....Trade that cocksucker to a city where looking like a fag is normal (SF) for draft picks, trade up to get Luck(y), re-sign Matthew....That's how you rebuild and retool...

Matthew could be the Steve Deberg to Luck's Joe Montana (or John Elway being that he mentored both)....I think if he KNEW that would be his role he'd be more accepting of it than being blindsided by trading for a Charles Manson looking 28 year old 3rd Stringer like he was last year...

S

Seattlehawk94

LOL.....Took ya from March to guess that? lol....J/K....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52496 said:
Yeah, Luck.....

Panthers---drafted a QB already...Not giving up on him yet..

They took him in the mid second round because he fell to them. They are paying him less than we are Whitehurst.

They will also have a new head coach who didn't draft Clausen.

The Panthers will draft Luck to think otherwise is wishful thinking.

Reaction score
kdawg2980;52530 said:
They took him in the mid second round because he fell to them. They are paying him less than we are Whitehurst.

They will also have a new head coach who didn't draft Clausen.

The Panthers will draft Luck to think otherwise is wishful thinking.
If Luck is there it would be hard to say no to drafting him, but I think the Panthers have other areas that need to be addressed before QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down to add a couple more draft picks.

S

Seattlehawk94

They won't take Luck....You don't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds in back to back seasons....Hasn't been done since the common draft began..

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52534 said:
They won't take Luck....You don't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds in back to back seasons....Hasn't been done since the common draft began..

The Miami Dolphins did that. Drafted John Beck in the 2nd round, got a new coaching regime then took Chad Henne in the 2nd round very next year.

The most important position in football is a franchise QB. The Panthers would be dumb to pass up on a franchise QB because they have their version of Whitehurst.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, you are right about Beck and Henne....I couldn't find any others...Sent in a request with STATS to find more..

No, Clausen has the skillset....He just has a horrible team....Jerry Richardson isn't taking QB over and over and over...He's patient and willing to wait till he's proven wrong....Look at Panthers QB history, they are patient for the most part (exception Wenkie but they kept him around after his disaster as a Starting QB)..

Reaction score
I know the panthers are having a bad season, but they are definitely rebuilding, and I am not convinced they are going to fire John Fox. I still think he's a damn good coach.

Top Bottom