• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carroll won't back away from Wilson now, even if he should

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
uspw_6622528.jpg

September 30, 2012; St. Louis, MO, USA; Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (3) gets tackled after a 4 yard gain against the St. Louis Rams during the second half at the Edward Jones Dome. The Rams defeated the Seahawks 19-13. Scott Rovak-US PRESSWIRE

By Travis Duncan
Seahawks Huddle Writer

The fiery, sometimes contradictory, head coach of the Seattle Seahawks finds himself with a 2-2 football team in a division with an undefeated Arizona team, and a 49ers team most believe can make it to the Super Bowl. Monday he vigorously defended his rookie quarterback Russell Wilson who was intercepted three times in Sunday's loss to St. Louis.

Isn't it time to let Matt Flynn do what he was paid to do? Or would you stick with Wilson through thick-and-thin. Would you stick with Wilson with New England and San Francisco in back-to-back weeks following next Sunday's winnable game against Carolina?

Pete Carroll is not going to give up on the young kid just now. He's so devoted to Wilson that he indicated that Flynn was too injured to play anyhow. Then, upon clarification, that was not the case. Carroll reversed his stance and said the team just did not know just how Flynn's sore elbow would react should they put him in the game. He said Flynn is ready to play if needed.

But you get the point. Wilson is the starter. Wilson will have this gig until the team is out of the playoff picture, and even then barring injury he'll be the starter in Seattle. The head coach insisted that Wilson did not regress, after completing 17 of 25 passes for 170 yards and three picks. He called it the "most difficult position to play in sports."

Carroll added, "[Wilson] did some really good things in the game. His completion percentage was up there. The throws, the three turnovers, were huge in the game, but all three of them were situations he couldn't do a whole lot about."

"He's not far off from being really, really successful right now as a leader in that position. It's not just one guy, not just one person in this thing."

Ultenth

Huddler
Reaction score
How amusing.

Glad I've been on the RW bandwagon since the combine, so I never made any statements that made me look silly like this article, hehe!

It's pretty funny how this article is linked on the front page though, you'd think they would try to bury it.

Idahawk

Reaction score
How amusing.

Glad I've been on the RW bandwagon since the combine, so I never made any statements that made me look silly like this article, hehe!

It's pretty funny how this article is linked on the front page though, you'd think they would try to bury it.

You have no idea how bad this debate became on this forum it was one for the ages .

Top Bottom