• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

David Hawthorne

Reaction score
When asked "There seems to be a corps of strong back-ups at the linebacker position. Which guys stand out to you the most?"

Ken Norton Jr. had this to say about Hawthorne

"David Hawthorne stepped in last year when Lofa was hurt. He’s extremely explosive, a big-play guy and a very good tackler. He’s the type of guy that you can’t hold back. You need him on the field. I don’t even consider him a backup. He’s a starter until someone unseats him."

Sense Hawthorne played in Hill's spot for camp does this statement officially mean he is the starter over Hill?

its seems like that is what is being said.
:roll:

Reaction score
#ONE;48309 said:
Isn't outside easier than inside??

outside guys have to be a little more nimble and have more speed but may have to play coverage alot more often than a MLB.

Tatupu struggles alot in the middle because he isn't strong enough to shed olineman something Hawthorne had no problems with last year.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
While I won't disagree with your assessment of Tatupu's physical abilities, I think you may undervalue his football IQ on the field. That defense clearly plays better when he is on the field and everyone that has ever said anything about Tatupu says the same.

Reaction score
Number 18;48315 said:
While I won't disagree with your assessment of Tatupu's physical abilities, I think you may undervalue his football IQ on the field. That defense clearly plays better when he is on the field and everyone that has ever said anything about Tatupu says the same.

Thank you! As I've said before Leroy Hill is overrated! Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but his stats have always been helped by the presence of Lofa and JP (IMO). When offenses had to prepare for Seattle they focused on those two (both have made multiple trips to the Pro Bowl) and that allowed Hill to be less focused on. Lofa has football instincts he went to a school that teaches LBs how to be successful and his father played in the NFL. If Lofa is healthy this year don't be surprised to see Hawthorne or Hill's performance on the field increase as well as Aaron's.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ive always been a Leroy Hill fan. Although i think Will Heller will replace him this year. If only we ran a 3-4 defense. Curry, Tatupu, Hawthorne, Heller would be unstoppable!

Reaction score
HawksFan1987;48321 said:
Ive always been a Leroy Hill fan. Although i think Will Heller will replace him this year. If only we ran a 3-4 defense. Curry, Tatupu, Hawthorne, Heller would be unstoppable!
Will Herring. ;)

OP
EricOV
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;48305 said:
if you ask me he starts over Tatupu too. Can Hawthorne play outside?
Well Hawthorne played outside during minicamp... and he did good so i think he can do it.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Number 18;48315 said:

I concur. Hasselbeck is to our offense as Tatupu is to our defense. If he can stay healthy (Hass of course too) every player around him will do better. Tatupu isnt going anywhere for awhile.

HawksFan51

Huddler
Reaction score
Personally I would love for Hawthorne to takeover the Weak-side so we can finally cut (or) trade off Leroy "hightimes" Hill... I really thought that Will Herring stepped in last year and played better then Leroy, anyway Leroy's best season was his rookie season after that it's been a slow downhill career for Leroy....

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
MLB is asked to do it all, gap fill, rush the QB, and cover middle or in man.
On top he is the commander of the D and thats why he has the "green dot". Tatapu is still far and away the best of them and one of the best in the NFL.

Hawethorne is instinctual with exceptional tackling skills. I think he's best used on the outside IMO.

Leroy had great contract year (TYPICAL!) and rookie year, but is otherwise is overpaid and has some issues... I wouldnt be too upset if Hawethorne took over in which case Hill would be cut. Only thing is Tupu and him are buds.

Reaction score
I was going to say... why the hell would we just cut LeRoy?

I know he isn't a model poster child of the NFL, but the guy has talent and is young. If the Hawks decide that they are happy with what they have at OLB, and to part ways with LeRoy, they should be able to get some sort of draft value, or maybe package deal for a player(s). The value is going to depend on if and how many games he is suspended for.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
True, thats a good point.

But you have to consider his contract: in the 2nd year of a 5 year deal he is due 6.4 M. There could be teams out there willing to take on this salary but the off the field issues, injuries, and suspension will be a factor.

Also consider Seahawks will loose nothing by cutting him as there are no bonus's due.

All in all I would say Hill's chances of staying a hawk are looking slimmer.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I love how everyone last year was like, "OMG RUSKELL!!! FRANCHISE LEROY!" And when Ruskell removed the tag and signed him for far less, people freaked and hated Ruskell for low balling him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;48539 said:
I love how everyone last year was like, "OMG RUSKELL!!! FRANCHISE LEROY!" And when Ruskell removed the tag and signed him for far less, people freaked and hated Ruskell for low balling him.

Did everyone say that? Think it was just Ruskell haters.

I LOVE how someone can go to HERO to ZERO so quickly.

Heres a big wake up call to abusers " DONT HIT WOMEN!!"

5th pick would be fine with me.

Reaction score
sigpro;48513 said:
Couldn't we get some kind of trade value out of Leroy?

not in the NFL
you gonna find someone that wants his stupid brain and all the money owed to him? If you do they are gonna send you another idiot that makes alot of money back to you.

if you want picks we'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder from anyone because all the risk is on their side

Top Bottom