• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Engram A Chief

Reaction score
This has just come across NFL Network's bottom line, but the Chiefs have signed Bobby Engram. They scheduled a 4:30 Central time press conference to announce the signing, but never announced what player. I looked around and found out that it has been Engram, but terms were not released or revealed. I will see what I can dig up. Very rough week for us losing JP and Engram. Two class act Seahawks who will always be remembered for their contributions to Seattle.

Reaction score
Two great Seahawks gone in one week....this sucks. Engram had a great year a few years ago and he didn't go to the Pro Bowl when he should have considering the stats he put up.

So now we have Branch, Houshmandzadeh, Burleson, Payne/Obomanu/Taylor/Kent/Bumpus....

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Sad to see engram go, I met him last season and it seemed like he wanted to stay in Seattle, so long JP and Engram, thanks for the years!

It could be Branch, Housh, Burleson, Crabtree... :D

Reaction score
12thManzAlive said:
Sad to see engram go, I met him last season and it seemed like he wanted to stay in Seattle, so long JP and Engram, thanks for the years!

It could be Branch, Housh, Burleson, Crabtree... :D
I think that option is still there. D.D. Lewis did good when he took over for Tatupu and recorded a lot of tackles. We just got another guy to add to the defensive line so adding another wouldn't really make any sense. I think our weakest positions are still in the Secondary/WR and then Linebacker.

Reaction score
12thManzAlive said:
Idahawk said:
I think we still have 10 wr's on the roster...
Drop the scrubs like there hot
I agree, we can keep Kent/Payne and draft someone that has decent speed, hands and can run routes.

I still feel like if Crabtree is on the board that the Seahawks will take him. After all the injuries and stuggles at WR last year and the loss of Engram they would have to consider getting someone who can jump in if Branch/Burleson/Housh get injured for a long period of time or even just a game. You can't have too many good WR's. :D

I could also see Raji as a possible option still, but I think the addition of Redding might indicate that they are done with the DT position and decided to get Redding to go ahead and throw another big, versatile body on the ends to help out....so they probably won't draft anyone on the D-Line.

They have went out and grabbed a WR, a few DT's, DE, a few Linebackers, Offensive Tackle, and Tight End, but have yet to address the problems in the Secondary and the void at QB and Running Back.

They probably will either grab an OT, CB/Safety and WR in the 1st-3rd Rounds, and in the 4th-7th rounds they will go after a QB, RB, LB, and TE.

Just my opinion though... :twisted:

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I think TJ might get the number, but not sure if Seattle will allow it of if TJ will ask. TJ seems like he has class and knows what 84 means to us.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Seahawks.com is offering Housh jerseies now for sale and it's an 84 jersey. So it looks like he is taking Engram's old number and not going with the college number.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
It will, but then again I wonder how the fans will respond. In NY when LaTroy Hawkins wore 21 (Paul O'Neill's) old number he got booed pretty bad. He never respected or knew the history behind the number or who wore it. I think TJ will be different and he will actually do decent and put the number to good use. It still will be different seeing another man wear 84, but that's sports.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Lets not Bobby in the hall of fame, just yet...I mean the guy was good ..not great....a class act for sure but , I don't see fans crapping their pants over his number....I mean its been TJ's number too.....I think you have to have legend statis before the number deal comes into play....Bobby may get to raise the 12th man flag some day..but I don't see ring of honor or anything like that.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Ida- Not saying he deserves his number to be retired or in the Wall of Fame. I'm just saying a lot of fans respected what he did for us and that some might not think he (TJ) should wear the number yet. Honestly it doesn't bother me at all. You can't retire a number after every long-term player plays for you or you run out of numbers. I think 12, 80 and 96 are the only numbers right now that should be retired.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Ida- Not saying he deserves his number to be retired or in the Wall of Fame. I'm just saying a lot of fans respected what he did for us and that some might not think he (TJ) should wear the number yet. Honestly it doesn't bother me at all. You can't retire a number after every long-term player plays for you or you run out of numbers. I think 12, 80 and 96 are the only numbers right now that should be retired.
I think 37 and 8 should be retired sooner or later.

Top Bottom