• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

hawks vs KC preseason

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok, give me some out looks on the game tonight.. Whats everyone's thoughts? How will Wilson perform? how will our defense perform against there starters?

Reaction score
I feel awful for saying this, but I want Wilson to look horrible. Throw 2 picks, get sacked 4 times and maybe even hurt a finger on his non throwing hand. I'm serious, I feel bad, because I truly think he's going to be great for us, but he should not be our starter this year! Pete is crazy and fucking up the QB position and this will be the only thing keeping him from crippling this team.

Would like to see how the defense handles Charles (is he playing?) and Bowe. Bowe is a very strong, physical receiver and should match up well against our corners. In 2010 he destroyed our secondary. But that was against Kelly Jennings and Co.

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Bowe is playing and yes, Im excited to see what our corners can do, not sure about Charles.;... I understand your statements, but lets not wish injury on any player.. Think of it this way.. we see Wilson start this week, and Pete sees he can handle the 1st string, Flynn will start the the season as thats why we are paying him the big $$$$.. But if Flynn gets hurt, wouldnt you be proud knowing we have Wilson as a back up and already know he can handle 1st string?? I WOULD...

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Bowe is playing and yes, Im excited to see what our corners can do, not sure about Charles.;... I understand your statements, but lets not wish injury on any player.. Think of it this way.. we see Wilson start this week, and Pete sees he can handle the 1st string, Flynn will start the the season as thats why we are paying him the big $$$$.. But if Flynn gets hurt, wouldnt you be proud knowing we have Wilson as a back up and already know he can handle 1st string?? I WOULD...

Actually I think there is already enough to safely say Wilson can be a capable backup should the need arise. I'm really curious to see if Wilson has a good game how that will change things. I don't think it is going to change anything so it kinda makes it all irrelevant. It will set back Flynn's progress.

I remember other season in which I wish we could have seen other QB's given the same opportunity because there was a lot of unknowns. It will be kinda cool to actually know how good the QB on the bench actually is.

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Actually I think there is already enough to safely say Wilson can be a capable backup should the need arise. I'm really curious to see if Wilson has a good game how that will change things. I don't think it is going to change anything so it kinda makes it all irrelevant. It will set back Flynn's progress.

I remember other season in which I wish we could have seen other QB's given the same opportunity because there was a lot of unknowns. It will be kinda cool to actually know how good the QB on the bench actually is.
LIKE i'VE SAID BEFORE IM EXCITED TO HAVE TWO GOOD QB'S THAT CAN MOVE THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD..

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I hope Wilson will kick some serious ass in the first quarter, followed by Flynn leaving the Arrowhead stadium in steaming ruins after the second quarter. It all ends in Pete announcing Flynn as the starter in week 1.

Knowing Petes quarterback scrambles, my nightmare scenario is hearing the announcement that Tarvaris Jackson will start against AZ since he fits Petes system in the best possible way.

Maybe the result is somewhere between these two scenarios, but I dont count anything out anymore.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd say we can assume TJ is done since he hasn't taken any preseason snaps but I'm beginning to learn not to believe anything PC does especially if he says something to the media. Ever get the feeling he likes misleading them?

So I guess anything could happen. I wouldn't expect a good 12th man reaction though.

Reaction score
I don't want him to get seriously injured.... just a little tweaked pinkie on his left hand... only a couple weeks to recover. Just enough to take him out of the game and prevent him from starting week 1 :D

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd say we can assume TJ is done since he hasn't taken any preseason snaps but I'm beginning to learn not to believe anything PC does especially if he says something to the media. Ever get the feeling he likes misleading them?

So I guess anything could happen. I wouldn't expect a good 12th man reaction though.
iF TJ isnt traded 12th man will not be happy

OP
Cmoney

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't want him to get seriously injured.... just a little tweaked pinkie on his left hand... only a couple weeks to recover. Just enough to take him out of the game and prevent him from starting week 1 :D
thats just wrong mang !! haha

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
This is the ideal pressure situation to see a QB perform in. But is he just a flash in the pan type of player? Im almost looking forward to seeing everyones reaction (over) to his play as much as the game!

But if RW can do amazing things tonight, then who's to say he cant do it against Az game 1?
It should be noted that KC's secondary is w/o starters flowers and Berry... conspiracy theorist abound.

I'll be keeping on eye on Rice, Wagner, Irvin, and portis in the second half to see if he has improved.

Reaction score
How is Wilson going to come in with hurt finger and a blown ACL?! It'll be the beginning of the Josh Portis era in Seattle! I'm ordering my #2 jersey as we speak!!!

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I hope he blows his ACL..Fuck Wilson!

#teamflynn

Seriously? I don't think Rdub is in the acl club of anger yet. Dude is just trying to break out. If you're #teamflynn you'd really want him to get sacked 4 times, fumble 4 times, and pull a stouffer. Then flynn has the job for the year no worries.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why is anyone against Wilson? If he is better than Flynn then Flynn gets to ride the pine and the Seahawks are better off. The same is true of the opposite.

Paybacktimes

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson looked solid tonight, going to get interesting. Flynn has not looked more solid than Wilson all pre-season, I do not care that we are paying good money for Flynn I want the player that gives us the best chance to win as the starter so if that is Wilson then so be it. maybe Pete will start Wilson AND throw Flynn on the trading block to save the team some money, stranger things have happened.

Top Bottom