• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Help with my mock draft

If Stafford, J. Smith, and Aaron Curry go 1,2,3, the Seahwks will pick...

• Everette Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Crabtree

• Mark Sanchez

• Other or trade down, please specify.

• Total voters

tampajagfan

Huddler
Reaction score
I am creating a mock draft from fan opinions. The Seahawks are on the clock at #4. Vote!

Reaction score
Why don't you do one based on the teams needs, rather than who the fans want?

We need a Safety/Corner, OT, HB, WR, QB, OLB.

We need a OT/OLB the most, Safety/Corner after that, then WR, HB and a developmental QB.

OP
T

tampajagfan

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Why don't you do one based on the teams needs, rather than who the fans want?

We need a Safety/Corner, OT, HB, WR, QB, OLB.

We need a OT/OLB the most, Safety/Corner after that, then WR, HB and a developmental QB.

The idea is I am trying to get down to pick #8 with 7 specific players off the board and ask my fellow Jag fans who they think would be best out of those remaining. I'm not saying fan opinions represent team needs or the team's opinion of a player's value, but I am saying that fan opinions are all we fans have. It's just for fun.
I came over here because no one on the Jags board thinks you would take Sanchez in this situation, but with your QB turning 34 this year after ending last year injured, questions about if Seneca Wallace is good enough, and a new head coach, that sounded kind of iffy to me. I think the Jags fans are voting for you guys to take someone else so Sanchez will be available at 8 in this pretend world and they can get pretend happy about that. I'm seeking other opinions.
I did not include a safety or a corner as possible choices because most mock drafts out there don't have such a player being picked in the top 10. Would you like me to include them? There is a poll choice for 'other'.

Reaction score
If Aaron Curry is still there, he's good as ours. I really think we're taking a linebacker since we traded JP... We really didn't have a player that matched our needs at our spot in the draft, so we kind of created a need.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sanchez is not worthy of a #4 pick...since we are not desperate for a QB ,,why take a gamble and pay a 4th round QB top ten money....we will pick a qb but in later rounds..

Reaction score
If Stafford is on the board you can't blame the Seahawks for taking him, but I also think if Crabtree is on the board or Curry the Seahawks would have to consider them as well.

I think the Jags need to take a WR more than a QB, but if Sanchez is on the board and Crabtree/Maclin are gone they should take the QB instead.

OP
T

tampajagfan

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
If Stafford is on the board you can't blame the Seahawks for taking him, but I also think if Crabtree is on the board or Curry the Seahawks would have to consider them as well.

I think the Jags need to take a WR more than a QB, but if Sanchez is on the board and Crabtree/Maclin are gone they should take the QB instead.

You're definitely right about WR being the biggest need, but to me personally there are too many questions about Maclin and Crabtree (as well as our board's favorite, Percy Harvin), with regards to their durability and ability to run NFL-quality routes. Sanchez in my mind has fewer question marks because he did what he did in a pro-style offense.
Drafting QBs top-10 has yielded 6 good players and 9 busts in the past 10 years, by my math.
Drafting WRs top-10 has yielded 9 good players (including Roy Williams, still a starter) and 8 that failed to stick with their teams.
So drafting a WR is the safer choice historically but I think the success stories from the last 10 years have been guys where there was no question about their route-running ability or durability.

Reaction score
I hear Ruskell is looking at a long-snapper for the first pick. He said "We will draft for our needs first and with Tyler's uncertainity it might be Long Snapper." So for all mock drafts take the best Long Snapper on the board.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I hear Ruskell is looking at a long-snapper for the first pick. He said "We will draft for our needs first and with Tyler's uncertainity it might be Long Snapper." So for all mock drafts take the best Long Snapper on the board.
1st Round - Long Snapper
2nd Round - Kicker
3rd Round - Punter
4th Round - Bench Warmer
5th/6th/7th - Trade for Long Snapper

Idahawk

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Hawk096 said:
1st Round - Long Snapper
2nd Round - Kicker
3rd Round - Punter
4th Round - Bench Warmer

We have 11 picks in the draft..we could take 11 long snappers and field a team of nothing but long snappers...they could just snap the ball all over the field to each other...we could call it the " Wild Snap " offense.....

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
phaZe said:
Hawk096 said:
1st Round - Long Snapper
2nd Round - Kicker
3rd Round - Punter
4th Round - Bench Warmer

We have 11 picks in the draft..we could take 11 long snappers and field a team of nothing but long snappers...they could just snap the ball all over the field to each other...we could call it the " Wild Snap " offense.....
Nice. :D

Reaction score
Hopefully the NFL decides to replace the 2nd quarter with a rapid fire round where you can run as many kickers, long snappers, and kick holders out there as you can and you have 3 minutes to kick as many 50 field goals as you can with no blockers.... We'd kick so much ass.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Check the blog I have a list of a few Mock Drafts that have been done.

I am mock drafted out...I never want to hear the words mock draft again..I throw up a little in my mouth when I hear or read mock draft...hey !!! how come we don't have the pucking guy smiley ?

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Josh Freeman is going to meet with Seahawk officials for a private workout.
The Seahawks already worked out Aaron Curry (According to his Agent), so maybe they want to go after Freeman in the 2nd Round?

Top Bottom