• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How long will Lynch be around?

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Just wondering how long you guys think Lynch will be around on this team? His contract is up in 2012, do you think he will get a new contract? He's my gf's favorite player and I was thinking about getting her a custom jersey from NFL.com and get his numbers and BEASTMODE put on the back for her. However, I don't wanna do this if he's only gonna be around for a short time.

Reaction score
He's a running back, and a very physical one at that. RBs don't last long in the NFL especially ones that run hard like Lynch does so its hard to say when he'll wear down. Its impossible to know if he'll get re-signed, especially with this regime. Right now he doesn't seem to be grasping the zone running game too well, but as the line improves that may as well.

All that said, its never a bad idea to do something nice for the GF ;)

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Totaly agree with Bob on both points. I grew up watching Earl Campbell (another bruising HB), who lasted seven years. This is Lynch's fifth year, assuming there is nothing wrong with him physically, I can see another two years.

Even if the jersey becomes a "classic," you still have a good idea there.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully for a couple more years. But RBs have a terrible shelf life, so it is going to be interesting to see how productive he is going to be this year and how durable he is going to be.

Idahawk

Reaction score
have " crotch grab" put on the jersey , he's nothing special . He would need a big season this year to even consider a new contract.

Reaction score
Ida, why you getting so worked up about the croth grab?? Not like he's the first person in the NFL to do something ghetto after a TD or a big play...

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is, I didn't even notice he grabbed his crotch until I saw a picture of him jumping into the end zone.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
ewww. lynch is a starter for another 2 years. sign him for 6 mil , 2 yr..keep him

S

Seattlehawk94

The "crotch grab" was fucking ghetto...Everytime you see a great run by Sanders he'd flip the ball, E. Smith--same thing...On all the "great runs in history" forever we'll see ONE SEAHAWK PLAY (as of now) and it will be a guy grabbing his cawk....Kinda fucked up.....Do it with fucking class---Shit...Spike the fucking ball....Don't grab your dick and show up the other team--WHO IS IN YOUR CONFERENCE AND IS A SUPERBOWL CHAMPION....

Holmgren WOULD'VE NEVER LET THAT SHIT FLY....Lynch would be benched....That's fucking college kids shit....Just like I was talking about in the "Blind Followers" thread...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Quit making Holmgren out to be some sort of god. The simple truth is that even during our best run, we were not that good (save 2005). Out of 10 seasons we only hit double digit wins 3 times. That's not exactly an epic dynasty...

Idahawk

Reaction score
The "crotch grab" was fucking ghetto...Everytime you see a great run by Sanders he'd flip the ball, E. Smith--same thing...On all the "great runs in history" forever we'll see ONE SEAHAWK PLAY (as of now) and it will be a guy grabbing his cawk....Kinda fucked up.....Do it with fucking class---Shit...Spike the fucking ball....Don't grab your dick and show up the other team--WHO IS IN YOUR CONFERENCE AND IS A SUPERBOWL CHAMPION....

Holmgren WOULD'VE NEVER LET THAT SHIT FLY....Lynch would be benched....That's fucking college kids shit....Just like I was talking about in the "Blind Followers" thread...

Exactly !!!!!! How do you explain that to your kid ? Did you see the little league world series ? Kids posing after home runs and doing the diamond and the X with their hands . Wrong

What these " Pros " do is what your kids will do, want your kid grabbing his junk after a TD ?

I'm not into pants on the ground and straight billed hats and dreadlocks either

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

What are you talking about? Tackle by package? I saw this thread and though it was about Lynch.....the dude that made the epic run against the Saints in the playoffs last season! That has to be in the Seahawks Top 10 highlights. That dude wasn't going down no matter what!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
It definetly tainted the run, was unnecessary and unsportsmen like. Maybe im old school, but just think it was trashy, and it Lynch will always be remembered like that.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Install a small plastic cover over my pecker & nuts that pinches me after a long run, and I'm likely to grab my own stuff too. And not just after TD celebrations! Elvis Presley sang a song about it as I remember.

As the plastic pries...
On a cold & grey New Orleans morning
A poor little baby quake is a bornin'
In the Ghetto (in the ghetto)
And his coaches cry...
Because if there is one more thing, coach don't need, its another young hungry RB to feed
In the Ghetto (in the ghetto)

Gotta give respect to the King of Rock & Roll.
Enjoy!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
It definetly tainted the run, was unnecessary and unsportsmen like. Maybe im old school, but just think it was trashy, and it Lynch will always be remembered like that.

Are you talking about the run against the Saints? I was watching the game when he made the run for the TD. I didn't see anything package related!

Top Bottom