• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If I Had the $$$

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
DARN GOOD IDEA 94!. I miss the Sonics/Blazers Rivalry. If I remember right, in the day we used to play for the Northwest Trophy. I remember going to the Tacoma Dome once, and the King Dome for the NW Trophy game. The one King Dome game I went to was wierd. They would have a Basketball Court inside the N.W. corner of this huge blacked out Dome. I was thinking then it should be played there during Halloween if it were played that early in the season. Just an empty feeling looking at the end seats of the Dome with little, or no lights. Like looking down through a cave. Good times

S

Seattlehawk94

Kingdome was fun for NBA even if it was cavernous...Tacoma Dome...Not so much...

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
LOL..The only thing I remember about the Tacoma Dome is we got our assed kicked. This was during our hey day 92-95. Can't remember what year, but with a Charter through Boing. My Cousin worked for'm then. Wasn't the best Field/Dome thats for sure. Too bad those days are gone. Seattle needs to get another team. Didn't the Owner save the name for a future team? I know, off subject here

S

Seattlehawk94

1994-95 was the Tacoma Dome full season, played like 4 games a year there from 89-93...

S

Seattlehawk94

On the name: we hold rights to it till next year..After that we have to pay those fucking hillbillies to use it..Would rather start fresh..

Reaction score
Sounds like a great scam by the Packers organization to make lots of money by fooling a bunch of dumb Milwaukees Best drinking dumbasses. Good for the Packers. And people wonder why our economy is fucked up lol

Reaction score
y(1/x)% of the Packers

x = the total amount of shares
y= the amount of shares they own

pretty simple

Could someone buy a ton of shares, become the majority owner and do something to change the team?

Reaction score
Could someone buy a ton of shares, become the majority owner and do something to change the team?

Maybe I misread the article, but it sounds like all they get is a fancy piece of paper and the righ to say it's "their" team... these so called "share holders" have no pull in anything.

I understand the formula Bob, but if I said "hey,I'll sell you a share of a Ferrari I own and you can be part owner", but in the contract it says all you can do is look at it and say it's "yours".... what good is that part ownership? Lets say I sell it to a bunch of people, then Ferrari is paid for and I am driving it around, while the rest of them say its "theirs". Makes me genius, makes them stupid.

idk, maybe I am way off. I'm not even gonna claim I know how all that shit works since I dont own stock in anything. Just seems like a great way for the Packers to make money off of loyal fans.

Reaction score
Well I take it back.. I've got retirement funds invested in various stocks through my government retirement plan but thats about as far as I go...

S

Seattlehawk94

Wrong....There is a shares limit so no one can get a majority...Even the CEO only can own no more than 5% of stock and can't be done on sly either, all stock sales must be approved by the Board of Directors...

Reaction score
Wrong....There is a shares limit so no one can get a majority...Even the CEO only can own no more than 5% of stock and can't be done on sly either, all stock sales must be approved by the Board of Directors...

Wrong? I never said anyone could do that, I was just curious if it was possible.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
As I understand it, owning the stock (The fine print) gives you no actual say in the team, regardless of how much stock you own. I think it is really just a fun thing to have. It even says that no matter how much the team goes up in value, your shares don't increase in value either. I understand that buying it is nothing more than being on their books with the ability to resell at the same price you purchased. Sounds kind of crappy when you put it that way.

S

Seattlehawk94

You can have a say if you own enough stocks when they vote for a Board of Directors..One share, one vote...

Top Bottom