• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lofa Out!

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
yeahh i got an earl thomas jersey to. im going to training camp on thursday..hopefully getting it signed

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I lost #8. My wife lost #8 and #51. Fortunately I still have #80 and #96 to wear. I wish I had a #71. I think I'm going with a #12 though. I'm tired of buying jerseys.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Good bye Lofa, maybe there will be some way that we can work out a deal, ala AJ Hawk and the Packers, but with our management I doubt it.

Damn, our team is really reeling here...WTF is going on? I sure hope Pete has a plan, right now, I don't see it.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
#Duck, I dont know what your thinking, if you poll any of the players, they would tell you that Lofa was a spirtual leader of th defense, and he was really coming off injury last year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-tatupu-would-solidify-eagles-super-bowl-goal

I have a strong feeling this gonna come back to haunt us, not that Hawethorne wont do well, I just dont think we have the 'guy' at OLB to make this move. We cant backfill the position!

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I really appreciate the links and the personal touch Tatupu received. I didn't have a jersey for Lofa but I certainly wanted one. He was my first screen name and I will dread facing him on opposing teams. I know he isn't a favorite here, and Hawthorne has earned the opportunity to take over in the middle, just wish we could have handled it better. Give the man his outright release instead of ask for money back.

Reaction score
Dude he hasn't been healthy since 2008.... whether his play diminished due to injury or due to something else, doesn't really matter. MLB is one of the most important positions on the defense, and Lofa has not been very good at it the last few years. I understand some of you people have emotional attachments to the guy, but think of all the missed tackles he had last year. Heater doesn't miss those tackles, and gets our defense off the field. Look at his stats in 2009, he started 11 games, recorded 117 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 picks and 2 FF.. imagine what those numbers would have been had he started all 16.

If Lofa could stay healthy and play at his Pro Bowl form (05-07) of course I'd want him starting at LB, but that Lofa is long gone. Time to move on folks.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Not denying Heaters 'awesome year' and he posted stats in those other games he didnt start so thats really not a valid 'what if' arguement. Shit man, I took noticed his rookie year in pre-season when he was blowing ppl up and single handedly caused 3 FF in one game! But are we a team that cuts vets because someone has a good year?

Tatupu gave us 4 good years before the Pec inj! He was out in 2009; and last year, he wasnt totally himself but still posted decent numbers and helped our team. Compare Hawethorne to Tupe, look at the numbers closely, Heater has had 2 great years, and probably will have more, hopefully, but Lofa is not that old, was on rebound year last year. I just dont think they should have asked him to cut down to 2M, there was no way a man with his pride could take that deal. Pete Carroll essential gave him no option.

We'll talk mid season and I'll eat my words if my shit aint right! But your wrong about Lofa Tatupu.

Reaction score
Lofa gave us 3 good years. His production declined in 2008. Yeah, he had an "okay" season last year. His numbers weren't bad, but if you REALLY want to know how much Lofa has declined, and have A LOT of time on your hands, buy a NFL Rewind package, watch all of our games last year and see for yourself. He had a ton of missed tackles, got beat in coverage a lot, etc.. And yeah he had 80 some tackles, but they aren't so great when many of them are after an 8-12 yard gain because the TE you were suppose to be covering out ran you and caught a pass.

I don't think they cut Lofa because Hawthorne was "so great". I think it was obvious Lofa had lost a step that he wasnt going to get back. The man had surgery on both knees at 28! It was inevetable that he was going to get replaced, and may have very well lost his job to Hawthorne this year anyway. The Hawks asked him to take a pay cut to get some flexibility to sign more FAs to help this team. Lofa was too "prideful" and now he's a FA..... A lot of players in this league, good ones, would restructure their contracts to help their team. look at LT for an example.

And $2,000,000 is not a small amount of money. Think of all the Hyundais he could've bought!!

S

Seattlehawk94

Lofabread LIVED on his rep...He was garbage....Said it all 2 years ago, Thornebird is the man and it's about time he get's to start over that overrated POS...

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Than cut him. If he's useless cut his ass in January. Or let him know right away, don't string him along, ask for money, then cut him. Let's say you guys are 100% right that Lofa lost a step, or was hurt, or sucks now. The reason he declined is because he bled out all his strength, endurance, dexterity, and speed for the Seahawks in his first contract. Not For Long. Not everyone gets 8 years. Now he gets released after FA are signed and draft picks are in camp.

His first year he leads us to the super bowl. He stopped rapistbergher short on 4th and goal, Fuck the refs if they disagree. I say he deserved more respect and that is what I'm upset about. We should have handled him better.

S

Seattlehawk94

So because he got a bad call on a play in the Superbowl he should get the royal treatment? Fuck that....The Faiders almost RUINED Marcus Allen's career and he won SB MVP....The list goes on...He wouldn't take a pay cut because he think's he's something special even though he's been garbage for years..It's his own damned fault, he's the one getting paid to play a kid's game so why should anyone feel bad for him? He's been sucking the tit of the Seahawks for years getting paid STAR money and playing like an average joe....Too bad...Sooooo sad....Buh Bye Lofabread! You are softer than sourdough and worth less than Wonder Bread....Hasta....

Idahawk

Reaction score
You have to remember Lofa has had some concussion issues as well . I think we want to run more 3 man fronts and Lofa is a 4-3 linebacker only so that hurt his offer .what the Seahawks offered him turns out was the best offer he will likely see . It's a weak market and he at least so far hasn't been willing to play a different position for another team which doesn't leave him many options . He should have stayed and been more flexible .

Top Bottom