• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Seahawks @ Panthers thread

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I thought for sure that was a TD.. We matched up perfectly against this offense. Can't wait to see how we handle New England's offense. Patriots fans will be wondering what's wrong with their offense next week. We made Rodgers look pretty bad, time to do the same to Brady. I'm pumped for this game.

Reaction score
Can you imagine if they get that TD??? we are forced to watch another signature Russell Wilson game "winning" drive down 17-16...

That's why to me, that play by Tru and Browner is the play of the game.

Reaction score
I thought for sure that was a TD.. We matched up perfectly against this offense. Can't wait to see how we handle New England's offense. Patriots fans will be wondering what's wrong with their offense next week. We made Rodgers look pretty bad, time to do the same to Brady. I'm pumped for this game.
Very anxious to see how we do against NE. Belichik will have his guys ready, they'll game plan and try to exploit our defensive "weaknesses". Brady does one thing well, and that is concede sacks. He doesn't move around well and always lays down like a little bitch to avoid the big hits. So if our boys can get home early and often like they did against GB, Brady is in for a long day!

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Russell played good enough today, he showed off his arm and made some good decisions. Was alittle conservative, seemed little gun shy but got to like the first pass to tate, and overall numbers were good. The few mistakes I saw, the pick obviously, not the second one, that was on Lynch. He missed a open Baldwin for TD. Held on to the ball alittle, and on a scramble had some running room, and just ran into a defender.

But all in all he did well, they won, and therefore buys him the right to start at home next week.

Good enough in what way?

I totally hate that philosophy. The win (again) was thanks to our D and weak ass opponent. Listen to Greg Gumble during the game commenting on Wilson's inability to score because he won't take a risk. He also mentioned Flynn's no longer injured. Taking care of the ball is one thing. We can't keep winning games with an inept QB. Pats, 9ers and Lions are coming, 1 offensive TD is not going to hack it.

We could have devasted the panthers with a real QB.

Reaction score
Like Millen said last week, he might play just good enough to buy himself a couple more weeks. We won in spite of Wilson, not because of Wilson.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
In a way I've been hoping to find some good in Wilson, thinking maybe just maybe he could be like Favre and make something when nothing is there. If Wilson doesn't have that, then he's got nothing. We are still in the thick of things thanks to the D, I sure hope we see Flynn before it's too late.
The thing is I don't think we can beat the Pats or 9ers with Wilson. It would be a perfect time to see if what so many people have been thinking; Flynn really isn't what he seems. I doubt it

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Good enough in what way?

I totally hate that philosophy. The win (again) was thanks to our D and weak ass opponent. Listen to Greg Gumble during the game commenting on Wilson's inability to score because he won't take a risk. He also mentioned Flynn's no longer injured. Taking care of the ball is one thing. We can't keep winning games with an inept QB. Pats, 9ers and Lions are coming, 1 offensive TD is not going to hack it.

We could have devasted the panthers with a real QB.

Good enough as this is a developing offense. All we need is average offensive production to win, and today that's about what the offense was. That was Gumble, the was Tim Ryan. Gumble works for CBS. That is a legitimate point, but that's something he'll have to develop a feel for. I don't want him gunning the ball into tight spots and turning the ball over in the red zone.

Reaction score
I think we can beat the Pats at home, but doubt we can win at Candle stick the way their defense is playing and our passing game is.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Bro, Hugh was saying that during Seahawks Round Table last week. Fuck Martz! I wouldn't repeat anything that fat lesbian says!

Ah, ok yeah. That broadcast last week was almost as bad as the game itself.

Reaction score
Ok, then you have a 74% completeion percentage, 224 yards, and an INT that was Lynch's fault.

Yup. You take the touchdown away and how many points does he put on the board?

He's was efficient on 3rd down and overall passing, but still isn't getting into the endzone. Especially if you consider how our defense played and how much time of possession we had.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I think a lot of his ineffiency in the the re zone has to to with the emphasis on not turning the ball over. Eventually he has to just let it rip. I'm sure they'll concentrate on red zone offense a lot this week in practice.

Reaction score
I think it has to do more with the smaller field and having to play a more traditional role as a QB - hang in the pocket and make a clutch throw into a smaller window. A lot of his success and yardage comes on PAs and roll outs.

Top Bottom