• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks rumors: Tarvaris Jackson expected to sign with Seattle

Reaction score
He's been in Bevell's system his whole career minus his stint in Buffalo. He knows most of the guys here, and they like/respect him. This is the perfect situation for him.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
A one year deal according to John Clayton. He stunk the place up before, why is he better now?

Ah come on, he wasn't that bad, but I guess you could say he was having a rough go of it for a while when he was getting the crap beat out of him, especially early on as he got sacked something like 16 times in the first 3 games of the year. I just never could see pinning it all on Tjack when the team as a whole was arguably the worst team in the NFL the first half of '11, particularly the OL. It wasn't just him playing bad, Lynch was playing bad too, the running game was off the tracks, it was just total discombobulation.
It's kinda funny remembering how so many people were talking about how great Matt H. was doing with the Titans and comparing him to the "awful" Tjack and throwing Pete and John under the bus for it. But from about Week 5 on through the end of the season, Tjack was actually slightly better than Matt statistically and he came at about half the price and no obligation or commitment past the '11 season.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think he was officially 7-7 as our starter, with Whitehurst getting the other two starts and I believe is a career .500 starter, which is more than can be said for Quinn.

I feel that people against this still are looking at Jackson as a starting QB rather than a capable back up.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I feel that people against this still are looking at Jackson as a starting QB rather than a capable back up.
Well said, that's pretty much what I was thinking too. Tjack might not cut it as a starter but he's got some things going for him as a backup with this team. Knowing the system as well as being familiar with both Rice, Harvin and Bevell going back to Minnesota.

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
Good signing, and on the cheap probably.

According to multiple sources, his deal is for one year at $2.15 million. Looks like they cut Johnson loose yesterday as well, so the contest right now is between Quinn and T-Jax for backup duty.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
According to multiple sources, his deal is for one year at $2.15 million. Looks like they cut Johnson loose yesterday as well, so the contest right now is between Quinn and T-Jax for backup duty.

Thats pretty good BU money.. but considering Brady and Russell are 780/760k they can afford it.
I see TJack being the back up next year, and he is a good teamate.
I really like this QB room with these three.

... and I'll add Tjack knows Bevell's offense better then anyone in the league (except RW of course!)

Top Bottom