• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should Flynn be released from Contract/Traded?

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Since Flynn failed to win the competition do you think he should be released or traded?

Reaction score
Flynn didn't fail to win. Russell Wilson lit it up in preseason and Pete Carroll couldn't get over his hard-on for Russell so now he's starting. It would be foolish to trade or release him. That would leave us with a rookie and project QB at best to back him up.

Flynn is more than capable of running this offense and getting W's. Wilson is one 30 yard scramble and hit away from broken ribs. You need a guy like Flynn who can come in when that does happen.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hell no! We keep him here at least this year, unless someone is will to give us a high draft pick(s) for him. Russell is unproven, and I worry about him getting injured. Next year some team will come calling, then we deal him if thats what is the best intrest of the team and Matt.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
we keep him and use him if "needed" .... Wilson is still young, he does look amazing out there and looks like his a starter for 5 years.. but we need Flynn back there knowing we have a back up and can take over if needed...

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
right.. all QB's risk getting blind sided, or smashed on the run.. thats football.. lets give the kid some support and respect , he was drafted 3rd round, and WON a starting spot.. remember he was drafted from Colorado to play pro baseball and stayed and finished as one of the best QB that year.. was only drafted late in the 3rd cause his height.. Who else is 5'10'' and a QB .. hmmm oh yeah Drew Brees.. and when Brees was released from Chargers he went and won a super bowl.. So again.. The kid earned the job, and its looking good for us TRUE SEAHAWK FAN!!..

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The one that doesn't average 60 yards rushing per game.

QB's that run won't last long in the NFL. These are some BIG men on the field. As long as a QB stays in the pocket he is protected by the rules. He passes the line of scrimage, he's an RB. Wilson is built well for a QB but a couple good hits from the blind side in the open field will make him think twice about running and that is going to take a lot away from his game. He's got a lot of heart and running without fear right now, but that will change.

The cool thing about Wilson is his speed, accuracy and decision making have been really good. But I worry how a couple of concussions will affect him.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Flynn released or traded? Ummmm.......Nooooooo!!!!

Not in my opinion, as he's still likely to start games for this team this year. Translation: The kid has the hot hand & can benefit with a little time to force the maturation process along, but Flynn gave them the anchor to cut loose of Tarvaris, and MF isn't White(out)hurst, so he's likely to take over at some low point and right the ship when needed.

Not that I see too many low points with Wilson, the defense, the running game, special teams, and has anybody here looked at the top teams in time of possesion this preseason? Usually time of posession a pretty good indicator of where the team is at overall, and that looks better than I can remember in a long while.

Reaction score
Flynn released or traded? Ummmm.......Nooooooo!!!!

Not in my opinion, as he's still likely to start games for this team this year. Translation: The kid has the hot hand & can benefit with a little time to force the maturation process along, but Flynn gave them the anchor to cut loose of Tarvaris, and MF isn't White(out)hurst, so he's likely to take over at some low point and right the ship when needed.

Not that I see too many low points with Wilson, the defense, the running game, special teams, and has anybody here looked at the top teams in time of possesion this preseason? Usually time of posession a pretty good indicator of where the team is at overall, and that looks better than I can remember in a long while.

Wouldn't look too much into time of possession in preseason. I think the Chiefs had the ball 10 minutes more than us and we all know how that played out.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Flynn didn't fail to win. Russell Wilson lit it up in preseason and Pete Carroll couldn't get over his hard-on for Russell so now he's starting. It would be foolish to trade or release him. That would leave us with a rookie and project QB at best to back him up.

Flynn is more than capable of running this offense and getting W's. Wilson is one 30 yard scramble and hit away from broken ribs. You need a guy like Flynn who can come in when that does happen.

I totally agree One & think PC is a little off the deep end. The thing is I like Flynn and think he deserves to be a starter. It is hella fucked up to be him right now. Sit behind Rodgers for years is one thing, sitting behind a rookie is pretty low. I'd tell PC to fuck off if I was him. He can get the same $ or better with another team who needs a starter.

With the way he looked on the sidelines, it looks like he's ready to explode. I wonder if the elbow shit was bs because flynn told him to suck it. I didn't see flynn talk to PC once during the game. Kinda unusual for the BU QB not to talk to the coach.

I know what I'd say if I were him "Are you fucking kidding me?" Wilson may be a better QB but I'm sure it makes Flynn's time and effort seem worthless.

Pretty much the ultimate burn.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Releasing or trading Flynn now would be the ultimate all time moron move.

Wilson is the biggest risk as a starter in the whole league. His upside makes it worth trying, although I´d go with Flynn, but the potential for this to ruin the whole season is quite low as long as we can always press the "undo" button and insert the sure-handed Flynn there to save the day.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
As Ive stated before, its gonna be harder to go back to flynn from the rookie if RW can't step up.
Its like getting back together with your old GF, she wont forget the time you cheated on her. There will be some bad blood.
Thats why I think there is more risk to the move, but I dont think RW will choke, its not in his DNA.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Wilson live on Seahawks cam today on NFL network.

You can cry for poor Flynn all day but the fact is that if the competition was even close, he probably wins the job. We were in no way forced to play Wilson, and Flynn got all the money yet PC risks his career on WiIson.

I'm sure Green Bay would buy back Flynn, they don't have a decent back up, wonder why they didn't keep him to begin with .

Top Bottom