• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

To hot to handle

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I stand corrected 120 on the field .....good grief

Rams, Titans, Bengals, Panthers, Dolphins, Bucs, Jags, Falcons, Chiefs, Redskins, Ravens, Texans?, Cowboys?, all have training camp in that weather and on field temps. Seahawks are soft. They should train in Richland or Spokane.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
A prayer that just happened to be perfectly placed. I would have considered it a fluke had it not been for how he was playing the whole game.
Rivers is a streaky QB. Consistency's always been an issue with him but when he's in the zone like that, you better bring it or he'll torch you. Just ask Wilson or Pete. SD's for real. They beat the Broncos in Denver and they won decisively on the road in the playoffs against a division winner last year. And when you boil it all down, the Seahawks were probably outcoached too. They lost the X's and O's, the Chargers were the aggressors, Rivers had a lot of open targets and they put a lot of pressure points on the Hawks' defense. They also decisively won the line of scrimmage battle on both sides of the ball. That's not anything new: it happened a couple times last year too.
Sometimes it happens, especially on the road. But that's how the Hawks have to see that game for what it was, if they want to bounce back next week against Denver, which they will.

The Chargers weren't bulletproof yesterday considering the Seahawks even after the way the game went had two shots in the closing minutes to win the game. But I was asking myself if there was any team in the league who could have beaten the Chargers yesterday. I can't really think of anyone, can you?

The Rams. Blocked field goal, blocked punt, INT, sacks….definitely the Rams if the Chargers didn't run the ball.:sick:

I agree with your take on the game with the exception that it took an unstoppable Rivers at QB. OCs have been gaming for the Seahawks and Petey and crew were somewhat exposed yesterday. How will Petey counter? We'll see soon but countering he's already working on. A big reason why it is so difficult to repeat as champion.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Honestly, just glad to lose the same week the Saints and 49ers do. Could've had some serious implications later in the season. Just hope this loss serves as the wake up call this team needs to understand they aren't as perfect as the may have thought. Broncos next week here in Seattle, I'm confident a salty Seahawks here at home will take their anger out on Peyton.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, they will be fine. They had a couple-three games like this last year too. It's hard to stay dialed in on what it takes to be a top level team week in and week out.
One question that has come up though after that game is whether or not the offense this year can sustain long drives or if the quick-hit capabilities they have with quicker, faster players might negatively affect that. In the game yesterday the scoring drives they had, all three of them, took very little time off the clock and not nearly enough to keep the defense off the field and give them much needed rest when they needed it. We'll see how that plays out as the season goes on.
This game wasn't much different than the games in Houston or St. Louis last year. The main difference is that SD is a good team, an AFC title contender, and it's a lot less likely that the Hawks can beat a team like that when they just don't have it as opposed to the Rams or Texans. But still, you got 3 forced fumbles that all bounced SD's way. Any one of those 3 fumbles if it had gone the other way and the Hawks could be 2-0 right now.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
This game wasn't much different than the games in Houston or St. Louis last year. The main difference is that SD is a good team, an AFC title contender, and it's a lot less likely that the Hawks can beat a team like that when they just don't have it as opposed to the Rams or Texans. But still, you got 3 forced fumbles that all bounced SD's way. Any one of those 3 fumbles if it had gone the other way and the Hawks could be 2-0 right now.

Yet if the TD run in which Harvin stepped out of bounds wasn't missed by the officials getting the turnover doesn't matter after all.;)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, Seahawks really are a cold weather team....

So yeah to answer the question, the home team does get to pick their uni. TB did that to opponents all the time, Miami too, there is a reason those teams have picked very light pastel colors. We should have worn our wolf greys that may have been the difference!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

So yeah to answer the question, the home team does get to pick their uni. TB did that to opponents all the time, Miami too, there is a reason those teams have picked very light pastel colors. We should have worn our wolf greys that may have been the difference!

Thought this might be of interest. From colormatters.com:

An excellent student experiment about color and heat absorption

The following is documentation of a student's experiment with color and heat absorption. We only know her as "Madeline" and here's the research that she posted on the bulletin board at Color Matters, January, 2000.

Question
Does the amount of thermal energy (heat) produced by a colored fabric after 30 minutes of intense light relate to its position in the spectrum?

Hypothesis
When a color (colored fabric) absorbs light, it turns the light into thermal energy (heat). The more light a color absorbs, the more thermal energy it produces. Black fabric absorbs all colors of light and is therefore warmer than white fabric which reflects all colors. I predict that the colors of the spectrum appearing the darkest and most like black (violet, indigo, and forest green) will produce the most thermal energy. The other colors (red, orange, and yellow), will produce the least thermal energy because they appear lighter or more like white.

Materials
1. a thermometer (preferably an indoor/outdoor thermometer because they have the largest temperature range)
2. a 1’ x 1’ piece of heavy corrugated cardboard
3. tape
4. a clock, stopwatch, or timer
5. sunlight (If you’re short on sunlight, use a with a halogen floodlight, at least 100 watts. A halogen bulb is a good choice because it has a high light intensity and its light spectrum is very similar to sunlight.)
6. six 100% cotton T-shirts (or pieces of cloth) in red, orange, yellow, forest green, indigo, and violet

Procedure
A simple way to measure how much thermal energy a colored material produces is to measure the changes in its temperature:
1. Tape the thermometer in the center of the cardboard. Make sure the tape doesn’t cover the thermometer bulb.
2. Set the cardboard/thermometer indoors, out of direct sunlight.
3. Lay the red cloth over the cardboard/thermometer so it is touching the thermometer bulb.
4. Set the lamp so the bulb is 2 feet away from and perpendicular to the cardboard/cloth.
Turn the lamp on.
5. Position the cardboard/cloth so the thermometer bulb is in the center of the beam of light.
6. Wait 30 minutes, then record the temperature under the cloth.
7. Turn the light off and take the cloth off the cardboard.
8. Repeat steps 3 through 8 using each of the other colors of cloths. (Orange, yellow, forest green, indigo, violet.)
9. Repeat the experiment at least 6 times and calculate the average temperatures for each color.

Conclusion
My hypothesis is correct. The darker colors (forest green, indigo, violet) produced the most thermal energy after 30 minutes of intense light. The lighter colors (red, orange, yellow) produced smaller amounts of thermal energy. (The average recorded temperature (°F) for each of the colors is shown in Graph 1.) Interestingly, the temperatures of the fabrics fell in to two groups instead of increasing as the colors got closer to violet. The difference between the temperatures of the red, orange, and yellow fabric was minimal, only 10ths of a degree. The same thing was true for violet, indigo, and forest green fabric. However, the difference between the temperatures of the two groups was a little more than 3 degrees (Fahrenheit). In conclusion, even though violet, indigo, and forest green are generally referred to as "cool" colors, you will be warmer if you wear them! You may not be any warmer if you wear blue instead of green, or green instead of purple. Similarly, it won’t make a difference if you wear red instead of yellow, or yellow instead of orange, but on a hot day, wear one of the warm colors!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Im not worried about the game. They played a shitty game and still were in it. Rivers was lights out and the ball bounced their way every time. It happens. Lick your wounds and move on. No need to overanalyze laying an egg on defense.

Offense put in some good work so I won't complain.

Elkaholic

Huddler
Reaction score
Even those

Even those god awful Florescent greens would have been better. The way they reflect light, making them high visibility, much of the heat would go with it

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I have to say I'm not liking how some of our stars are handling loosing.
Earl Thomas "they just got lucky"
Sherm " no comment"

Then again I am a poor looser as well :)

Hopefully this will wake them up a bit, they were riding pretty high and mighty lately. I like the confidence, but there is such a thing as overconfidence, and ET comes off as borderline delusional sometimes.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Sherm " no comment"

Hopefully this will wake them up a bit, they were riding pretty high and mighty lately. I like the confidence, but there is such a thing as overconfidence, and ET comes off as borderline delusional sometimes.
:tup:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Sherm " no comment"

Sherman was being asked, "how do you feel about being exposed?" How do you expect him to respond to a retarded question like that? He wasn't "exposed" anyway. He gave up a few on Sunday, they ALL do. I don't blame him one bit for the way he reacted.
As for Earl's response to the game, ya I think a little bit of an attitude adjustment is in order there. In a way the Chargers did get lucky, lucky that they didn't lose any of those fumbles, lucky they caught the Hawks on a bad day, all of that. But luck isn't what beat the Hawks. They have some work to do. Getting some perspective on the loss is pretty important, I agree. But that's just one of many, many things the Seahawks do better than any other team in the league and why they are the best team and top franchise in the league. They have perspective. Not only do they always bounce back from stuff like this but they always do it quickly. Can't keep this team down for long. I'd hate to be Denver right now.
I don't believe any of this talk that the Hawks have been "exposed" or anything like that though. It's wishful thinking. Most teams still couldn't beat the Hawks on their worst day. SD did but most teams aren't SD neither.

Last edited:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks got lucky also with that Harvin TD not getting called back because he stepped out of bounds.:whistling:

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Media can say what they want and chalk it up anyway they want but all BS aside, we were in the game the whole way despite being outplayed in T.O.P and on offense. We play just a tad better, we win.

As for the "exposed" talk and having a "blueprint" to beat us, laughable. 1. Find a CB with less than 55 yards allowed through two games. And 2. I would love to see any of the other 29 teams try and re-create what the Chargers did successfully.

Also saw an NFL writer totally but our road game on blast. Like ffs, it was one game. It's like all of the sudden, they forget we played well on the road last season.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
People have been throwing at Sherman since Day One. Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last. His 3 or 4 receptions allowed probably isn't even a career high. But if you listen to what some people are saying, it's almost like no one's been throwing anything at Sherman since he came into the league, then the Chargers all of a sudden decided, "hey, we're not afraid of Sherman!" Then they decided to throw at him and lit him up like a Christmas tree. If 4 catches and 50 yards is anyone's idea of Sherman being "exposed" then I think he'll take it.

The no-huddle was nothing new either. Teams don't just decide to run the no-huddle against the Seahawks because "that's the way to beat them." Teams like SD run the no-huddle all the time. So does Denver. The Patriots ran the no-huddle against us way back in the early part of 2012. So have the Packers. Carroll and the Hawks are the best in the biz at dealing with it. The idea with some people though is that it can help neutralize the Seahawks' superior depth by preventing them from making substitutions and utilize their entire defensive rotation. The Chargers were effective with the no-huddle for the most part and it helped with the heat to wear the defense down. Big whoop. Keep running it against the Hawks and based on the history I like our chances.

Can't wait for the Denver game. Super Bowl rematch. I'll be there with the 12's raising the roof off the place while the Hawks go about getting back on track.

Idahawk

Reaction score
San Diego took advantage of our banged up secondary . Lane is out , Simon is out, wT3 plays for NY now ( he's out for season btw ) That left Burley? and who Shead in the nickel and dime ? I think it just left the starters out there for to many snaps to try and compensate and with that heat it was to much for them

Top Bottom