• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 NFL Free Agency

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone of these options at qb will thrive with a good o line, scheme, and playcaller... even my pot dealer Whitehurst.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah but was palmers line that great? I honastly dunno I never paid attention to the bengals. He had chad johnson helping and an ok rb

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well just a small example being Hasselbeck in 04-05 as opposed to Hasselbeck in 09-10. His O line went from one of the best all time (in my opinion) to one of the worst. The coaching/scheme fit Hasselbecks play extremely well as opposed to post Holmgren era coaching/scheme which was god awful at best lol

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Agreed. Bascially its not gonna get better right away either and hass is just gonna keep getting beat up like a ragdoll. That o line we had back then was a real comradory and just fit together perfectly and now where trying different pieces every week it seems. And the fact that there's not a great run game in place and that our best reciever is mike williams don't help too much.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Point being in my rant is it makes it easier to know what's gonna happen if the offense is one sides on passing and passing ain't even that great

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, i think this team has nowhere to go but up. I get the feeling that players are getting word about whats brewing in Seattle and are feeling like its a place they would want to go. I think the absolute key to this franchise's future success is John Schneider. Look at what he almost single handedly did to GB. I have 110% trust in this new faction. We will be one of the most active teams in FA also i hope. Leach would be (in my opinion) by far the biggest player to sign. We need a top tier FB more than any position on the team. Theyre too crucial for running game success (see Mack Strong) and he is the Revis of his position. I think Cromartie is overrated personally. Sidney Rice or Reggie Bush would be frickin sweet too.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I hope they are recognizing this could be a good destination. Its starting to get better slowly but surley. The running game is getting better with lynch and j-force. Getting leach would definitly help. The dream scenario for me would be to get rice, leach, and gallery to boost the line even more so. And rice and williams would be a good tandem for quite some time.

Reaction score
Only time will tell man. Bevell has had success in Minnesota has he not???

Well I don't know man. I haven't really followed them closely other than maybe the 2009 season when Favre played lights out. Obviously that was Favre more than anyone. Plus the guy has had AP since 2007 and you kind of have to try not to have a good offense when you've got AP and the defense is usually stacking the box. I am not trying to be a debbie downer and say he's no good. I just don't really know how good he will be. Everyone was soooo excited for little Jeremy last year, because anything was an upgrade over Knapp, but we all saw how that turned out. I hadn't realized just how BAD Bates was until I watched a few games from last year on NFL rewind. Hideous!

Anyways, time will tell, but I don't know if Minnys short lived success (1 year) is telling of how good Bevelle is as a offensive coordinator.

Reaction score
Yeah, i think this team has nowhere to go but up. I get the feeling that players are getting word about whats brewing in Seattle and are feeling like its a place they would want to go. I think the absolute key to this franchise's future success is John Schneider. Look at what he almost single handedly did to GB. I have 110% trust in this new faction. We will be one of the most active teams in FA also i hope. Leach would be (in my opinion) by far the biggest player to sign. We need a top tier FB more than any position on the team. Theyre too crucial for running game success (see Mack Strong) and he is the Revis of his position. I think Cromartie is overrated personally. Sidney Rice or Reggie Bush would be frickin sweet too.

I think Ted Thompson gets more credit than Schneider.... Thompson is the GM. I think it's safe to say Schneider could've learned a lot from Thompson, but he definitely didn't do anything single handedly for GB.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Without a doubt Sidney Rice would be HUGE to our offense. Just think a 6'5 receiver with very good athleticism on one side and a speedster deep ball threat on the other. Leach would be big as well, really help the running attack

Exactly, that would be a awsome group of recievers and a good solid run game that would give nightmares to opposing defensive coordinaters

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
sounds good actually meybe someone will turn out to be good. And yeah those two plus golden tate as probably the #3 would be awsome to watch

Top Bottom