• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 Win / Loss

Reaction score
I guess Lynch isn't an inside receiving threat, but you know what I mean... he's going to help draw the safeties in to setup those deep passes I was talking about.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
The road has never been kind to Seattle, the further the travel the worse we seem to do. Part of the challenge of being the only team in the NW I guess. With as young as we are on Offense I think the road will just magnify our growing pains.

The Seahawks showed they could win some big games on the road against good teams last year. With this young team I don't think they know they are not suppose to win on the road. This years team will be better then last years team by addition. If I remember right they beat the Bears once on the road last year. There is not a team on the schedule this year that scares me that much to call it an automatic loss. I think the Pats, Bears,Cowboys, 49ers and even GB might look at the schedule and worry about a loss in Seattle.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Man, I miss the days when this seemed so cut and dry.

I can see how many of you think it will be a 10 win season. I put 50/50 on games I think could go either way, Carroll could come to hate 7-9.

Win - Cards (A)
Win - Cowboys (H)
Loss - Green Bay (H)
Win - Rams (A)
Win - Panthers (A)
Loss - Pats (H)
Loss - 49ers (A) 50/50
Loss - Lions (A)
Win - Vikes (H) 50/50
Win - Jets (H)
Bye
Win - Fins (A) 50/50
Loss - Bears (A)
Win - Cards (H)
Loss - Bills (A)
Win - 49ers (H) 50/50
Win - Rams (H)

The 3 straight losses could make the Vikes game tough.

Then the 2 away games after the Bye could be trouble.

12 - 4 dream (that is my name)
Win - Cards (A)
Win - Cowboys (H)
Win - Green Bay (H) Rodgers knocked out in 1st quarter
Win - Rams (A)
Win - Panthers (A)
Win - Pats (H) Defense pitches a shutout with 4 int's
Loss - 49ers (A)
Win - Lions (A) Browner new nickname, Optimus Prime
Win - Vikes (H)
Win - Jets (H)
Bye
Win - Fins (A)
Loss - Bears (A)
Win - Cards (H)
Loss - Bills (A) snow game
Win - 49ers (H)
Loss - Rams (H) rest starters

That was fun. :)

zsolt barabas

Huddler
Reaction score
I think our 2nd and 3rd stringers look better then most other teams , any normal year there is plenty of injuries so I think that could favor us in some of the later games.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I am blown away by the Seattle Seahawks this season. Not only did they win 11 games, way more than anybody projected, but they won a road playoff game and damn near knocked off the one-seed in their own house. Considering we entered the season with no starting quarterback, no established receiving corps, and the toughest schedule in the NFL (IMO so fuck you statisticians) I can't be anything but happy.

Yes I know it's tough losing the last game of the year, but as Seahawks fans we should be used to it. Suck it up and smile because NO ONE believed to start the year, and damn near EVERYONE believed at the end. What's not to be happy about when even the East-Coast-TV-Monkeys give you respect?

Looking forward, I think we have a real chance to trade Flynn for a LOT more than he is worth because so many teams are desperate for QB. We have the luxury of letting Lynch go if he's too expensive and still have a couple of quality running backs. I only expect RW to get better with time, especially seeing him rally the team AGAIN in back-to-back the playoff games.

The defense needs some enhancement, the offense could use a tweak, and the special teams will get the normal off-season massage. Nevertheless, everything looks amazing going forward. As long as the front office doesn't immolate this team is looking extremely scary for the next several seasons.

In closing, I want to thank every member of the Seahawks Huddle, the 12th man, the players, the special teamers (I noticed their spark all season), the practice squadies, and the coaching staff for the most memorable season since 2005. Please take a couple of weeks to rest, or more if healing is needed, and then it's time to get started on the 2013 campaign. Go Seahawks!

Reaction score
We're just a couple of pieces away... Pass rush is still inconsistent, and we need a big play explosive receiver. Keenan Allen please.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
We're just a couple of pieces away... Pass rush is still inconsistent, and we need a big play explosive receiver. Keenan Allen please.

That's a comforting thought. But I don't think we were any pieces short. That's why this hurts so much is this was superbowl talent that lost today.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I fully blame the defense for blowing the game within the last 30 seconds. But with that said, i'm proud of what we achieved, I mean, we made it as far as the Broncos. My final thoughts on our team below.

- We have a bright future, young and still developing. Hopefully we can retain them even past contract expirations
- Our pass rush is still somewhat inconsistent and we need a healthy Clemons back next year
- I can't emphasis how badly we need a deep threat, I am praying for Keenan Allen or Terrance Willaims
- And finally, with our late round draft success, I wouldn't be surpised at all if we add another TE despite Zach Miller's blossoming

Great season, great players, no need to be too upset. After all, no rookie QB has ever been to the big one. Go HAWKS!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Came up short in so many areas today, blame goes all around save a few.
kudos to atlanta, but the better team lost today, didnt get beat. Lot of talk about next year, and potential, and how good we'll be but you never know. Will we have our coaches? What injures will we endure? How much better will the rams/ 9ers be? Will RW have soph slump? Will our rookies be bust? I guess my point is, we were on a roll, we got to the div game, and we should have moved on. You never what next year holds so fuck all this next year talk! We should have taken this today.

Hate to be a debbie downer, but I wont talk about next year for quite some time.....
Season over.... Guess there's always M's and fishing.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
That's a comforting thought. But I don't think we were any pieces short. That's why this hurts so much is this was superbowl talent that lost today.

Thats excatly right! Team came in flat today and got too far behind.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
So many things support the East Coast in the NFL. The time and travel were clear problems early in this game. It was 10 am our time at kick-off. I don't know about you but I am not a morning person. Why we had the only game to start that early is BS. I think with all the East Coast favoritism we have to set our sights on getting home field next year. This team overcame way more than any other playoff team and they still kicked ass.

The Seahawks are the best team in the NFL. I think it is a failure to all fans of the NFL who want to see the best in the heavy weight championship fight. I'm damn proud of our Hawks, Atlanta fans were booing thier team. The better team didn't win that game and everyone knows it.

Top Bottom