• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All time worst Seahawks

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I can't believe you hate Ruskell that much. The Behrings were MUCH worse for the Seahawks than Ruskell is. Ruskell at least wants to win. The Behrings wanted to lose so they could take the team to California. I'm not really sure how you can get much worse than that.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Just wanted to add this. I played C. I was an O-Lineman, and the leader of my line. As such I let every man on my line know that he is responsible for the health and success of the Offense. Should they fail on any down for any reason it could be another mans life that they sacrificed for their selfishness of not playing to the wistle.

If they were to get beat or could not handle the man on them they communicated this and we would make line adjustments to better protect our men in the backfield.

Playing O-Line is very serious and if you take a play off for even a moment then best case scenerio you let your team down. More than likely you injured a friend.

Lineman are not given the credit they deserve and we all know this. The fans do not pay to see us fight in the trenches, they pay to see their QB or RB make big plays and put points on the board.

QB's and RB's understand this and it is why they take us to dinner, buy us fancy things and hang out with us. It is the way the game works. When you hear an anouncer say "Look at that block, I bet his QB is taking him out to dinner." It is not an exaguration. QB's and RB's take care of us so we continue to take care of them.

Just felt I should share a Linemans point of view with yall.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess the reason I hate Ruskell so much is we were never in the spot we are in now. We never got to feel the glory the limelight the success. Holmgren came in and led us to this success, gave us this feeling. We no longer expect our team to go 8-8 or worse. We no longer dream of the Wildcard!

Our dreams are much higher. We are Super Bowl bound! Then Ruskell came in....and we are where we are now. We have a chance to make things right, and I pray that we do. I am cheering for Mora and Ruskell to turn this thing back around and bring home the trophy that we should have had.

So I guess the reason for hating stems from the fact that we were losers continueing to lose back in the day and were laughed at. We stuck by our team but we were considered a joke. No one is laughing since Holmgren. The joke was over, and even now after such a bad season, they know healthy we are Super Bowl bound.

Ruskell has been taking this from us, and I only hope he makes me the laughing stock for ever doubting him. I would love to be wrong about Ruskell just like I wanted to be wrong about the Alexander/Hutch situation.

Reaction score
Striker said:
Just wanted to add this. I played C. I was an O-Lineman, and the leader of my line. As such I let every man on my line know that he is responsible for the health and success of the Offense. Should they fail on any down for any reason it could be another mans life that they sacrificed for their selfishness of not playing to the wistle.

If they were to get beat or could not handle the man on them they communicated this and we would make line adjustments to better protect our men in the backfield.

Playing O-Line is very serious and if you take a play off for even a moment then best case scenerio you let your team down. More than likely you injured a friend.

Lineman are not given the credit they deserve and we all know this. The fans do not pay to see us fight in the trenches, they pay to see their QB or RB make big plays and put points on the board.

QB's and RB's understand this and it is why they take us to dinner, buy us fancy things and hang out with us. It is the way the game works. When you hear an anouncer say "Look at that block, I bet his QB is taking him out to dinner." It is not an exaguration. QB's and RB's take care of us so we continue to take care of them.

Just felt I should share a Linemans point of view with yall.

We know enough about football to know what a lineman goes through. Most of us probably have played the game in one point or another in their life. I do know the most important position is the line. That is why I was devastated when Hutch left. But the past is the past, I think the Seahawks have enough talent on the line to make it work. Especially with the addition of Unger. I really loved the draft, and if Hass can stay healthy. I think our offense will surprise alot of people, and that Includes Julius Jones. I am not a Jones hater, I think he can bring something special to the team, and think when he carries the full load, he will be just fine.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude, striker,
lets create a post and call it "striker: Diaries of a Center".
Bro, double postin and all.

Berhing's for sure all time hate list for trying to take away my hawks! :twisted:
Where are you now fucko?

PrintRecommend0SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 1996--The following statement was released Friday by Ken Behring, owner of the Seattle Seahawks: -0-

It is with great regret that I am announcing today that the NFL franchise we purchased in 1988 is leaving Seattle.

This decision was an extremely difficult one to make, and one that was not made in haste. In the end, however, the insurmountable problems with the Kingdome, and the county's unwillingness or inability to solve those problems, ultimately made the decision for us. Many of our problems with the Kingdome have been well documented. However, the serious seismic concerns identified by the county have heightened our own concerns to a new and more fundamental level that we simply cannot ignore.

Related Results
Short Term Energy Monitoring: A Road To Long Term Energy Savings?
NCS-Omnicare: The New Landscape For M&A
Cloud Computing Also Hit by IT-Spending Cutbacks
Ohio's Health House Provides Asthma-Free Indoor Living
Agistix's On-Demand Solution Gives Maxim Centralized Logistics Control
We believe that these fundamental concerns and problems are such that the county has materially breached its contractual obligations to the Seahawks with respect to the Kingdome facility and that, accordingly, we are under no further legal obligation under our use agreement to play any games at the Kingdome.

We worked hard to achieve an amicable resolution with the county. In the end, we offered the county a settlement package that included not only the Seahawks identity, but a generous economic package of $1 million per year for 20 years and public use of the Seahawks' training facility and offices. Unfortunately, the county rejected this offer and chose instead to spend money litigating. We have been forced to file our own lawsuit seeking judicial confirmation that, given the seismic and other problems with the facility, we are under no further legal obligation to play games in the Kingdome.

On behalf of all the members of the Seahawks family -- the players, the coaches and the staff -- I would like to express our sincere thanks to all of our fans in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. I know that you, the fans, and the city of Seattle, will work hard so that one day the city will have a state-of-the-art football facility which will house its own NFL team. Although our franchise is moving, the Seahawks' name, logo, uniforms and heritage will remain in Seattle, where they belong. We expect those uniforms to again be worn by NFL players. That will be a happy day for the fans of Seattle, and we will share in that celebration. -0-

Reaction score
szat said:
Dude, striker,
lets create a post and call it "striker: Diaries of a Center".
Bro, double postin and all.

Berhing's for sure all time hate list for trying to take away my hawks! :twisted:
Where are you now fucko?

PrintRecommend0SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 1996--The following statement was released Friday by Ken Behring, owner of the Seattle Seahawks: -0-

It is with great regret that I am announcing today that the NFL franchise we purchased in 1988 is leaving Seattle.

This decision was an extremely difficult one to make, and one that was not made in haste. In the end, however, the insurmountable problems with the Kingdome, and the county's unwillingness or inability to solve those problems, ultimately made the decision for us. Many of our problems with the Kingdome have been well documented. However, the serious seismic concerns identified by the county have heightened our own concerns to a new and more fundamental level that we simply cannot ignore.

Related Results
Short Term Energy Monitoring: A Road To Long Term Energy Savings?
NCS-Omnicare: The New Landscape For M&A
Cloud Computing Also Hit by IT-Spending Cutbacks
Ohio's Health House Provides Asthma-Free Indoor Living
Agistix's On-Demand Solution Gives Maxim Centralized Logistics Control
We believe that these fundamental concerns and problems are such that the county has materially breached its contractual obligations to the Seahawks with respect to the Kingdome facility and that, accordingly, we are under no further legal obligation under our use agreement to play any games at the Kingdome.

We worked hard to achieve an amicable resolution with the county. In the end, we offered the county a settlement package that included not only the Seahawks identity, but a generous economic package of $1 million per year for 20 years and public use of the Seahawks' training facility and offices. Unfortunately, the county rejected this offer and chose instead to spend money litigating. We have been forced to file our own lawsuit seeking judicial confirmation that, given the seismic and other problems with the facility, we are under no further legal obligation to play games in the Kingdome.

On behalf of all the members of the Seahawks family -- the players, the coaches and the staff -- I would like to express our sincere thanks to all of our fans in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. I know that you, the fans, and the city of Seattle, will work hard so that one day the city will have a state-of-the-art football facility which will house its own NFL team. Although our franchise is moving, the Seahawks' name, logo, uniforms and heritage will remain in Seattle, where they belong. We expect those uniforms to again be worn by NFL players. That will be a happy day for the fans of Seattle, and we will share in that celebration. -0-

Good Lord!

I was an 11 year old kid living in Portland, OR with little interest in the Seahawks when this went down.

If this had happened now.... well let's just say I would be on trial for murder.

Reaction score
szat said:

I will never forget that. I was six years old when that happened. I still remember my dad coming up to me, and saying that the we were going to go to less Seahawk games next season. I was so mad, and didn't fully understand why. Behring is and will always be much worse than Ruskell. Yes, Ruskell is not the best we have ever had, thats for sure, but this offseason has given me hope that he doesn't always have to be a dipshit. :lol:

Reaction score
We can thank Cortez for standing up and staying put in Seattle :) "I'm a member of the Seattle Seahawks and I will train there not in Los Angeles."

OP
V
Reaction score
Yep, Ken Behring is my all time most hated (I believe he intentionally put out a shitty product to make moving the team easier) for trying to steal the team. Ruskell has really pissed me off on multiple obvious occasions (believe it or not I was seriously pissed off when Shaun got his big contract.) But so far this off season looks good other than the glaring fact of Holmgren not being here. If this team wins a Super Bowl all will be forgiven. I don't hate Rick Mirer because I think he started fine but got shell shocked both by the experience of being expected to be the teams savior without adequate bench time and being hit all the time (sacked 47 times his first season). Stevens is on that most hated list for me for generally acting a fool by running his mouth and not backing it up, possibly being a rapist in college, and committing nonsense stupid penalties. I hate Hamlin for being dumb enough to be where he shouldn't have been pissing the wrong guy off, getting knocked upside the head and then causing the hawks to resort to having someone who should have never been on the field play his position in the most important game in Hawks history. I hate Kelley Jennings for really sucking. I personally dislike Senneca (not a popular opinion for reasons I know) For thinking that he should be a starting QB, when he has Backup QB level skills and for making that opinion known. I hate all the retarded fans that think Senneca should start over Matt.

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
vanillathrilla said:
I hate all the retarded fans that think Senneca should start over Matt.

Yes, yes, and yes.
Seneca should never start over Matt, but if Matt ever goes down again Seneca is capable of managing the game and making some big plays to help the Seahawks win, just not at the level that Hasselbeck can.

This year I'd love to see some type of trick play where Seneca is at WR, Hasselbeck is in the Shotgun with the Forsett on one side and JJ on the other. Fake the hand-off to Jones, toss it back to Forsett, Forsett throws it back to Wallace who already ran up, stopped, and turned back around behind Forsett. Wallace then passes down field to Butler/Burleson/Housh for the TD.

It may sound crazy, but I'd like to see some trick plays this year. The Wildcat is the future, but I think the Seahawks have the ability to make even more confusing trick plays with the talented Wallace being able to play WR, run the ball or throw the ball.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
hawkfanadam said:
vanillathrilla said:
I hate all the retarded fans that think Senneca should start over Matt.

Yes, yes, and yes.
Seneca should never start over Matt, but if Matt ever goes down again Seneca is capable of managing the game and making some big plays to help the Seahawks win, just not at the level that Hasselbeck can.

I really want to like Seneca, I really do, I just don't think he fits into our system. Yes he can make plays, and he is good as a backup. But I want a backup I can feel good with taking a full load of snaps throughout the season. I just don't feel like Seneca is the guy.

Reaction score
#1 Ken Behring. Hands down mosted hated for me. His whole reign of evil left it's mark on the team for many years. Same breed as the Son of a Bennett who stole the Sonics.
#2 Flores. He was Behring's bitch and probably was coaching his worst here to steal the Hawks away to become the Oakland Blackhawks.
#3 Brian Bozworthless because of his huge ego was more than his shoulders could carry.
#4 Jeremy Stevens. He's just a dumbfuck. How can a guy who can't keep his mouth shut before a SuperBowl not know how to call a taxi when he's drunk?

Honorable Mentions:
#1 Rick Mier was a major disappointment, espcially since we almost had a shot for Drew Bledsoe in the same draft, (Bledsoe WSU was no.1, Mier, Notre Dame was no. 2) but I don't hate him. He just sucked in the NFL and It was double suckiness after having a most terrible year to blow that top draft choice on Mier. But hating him would be like getting mad at the guy at McDonald's cleaning the lobby.
#2 McGuire: The bigger they are the harder they fall. He can't even make a buck right now selling autographs. http://www.autograph-cards.com/s3_Dan_McGuire.asp

We're Not Talking Right Now:
#1 Stouffer. Kelly was just good enough to be slightly mediorce, but at least he was trying. What can you expect from a QB who's name is a stuffng mix?
#2 Shauna. We had some great years, but we just grew apart. It's not you baby, it's me.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
No wonder there is so much hate for Ken Behring. I was born in 86, thus never knew the whole story nor did I get to live it. I can see how he is hated more than Ruskell.

I agree, if that happened in this day of Seahawks I would have to join all of you in the murder of those responsible.

Preciate the insight, however still hate Ruskell. I will say that from what has been said, Ken Behring is way worse.

GO HAWKS!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Coach Mora you getting all this? :p :idea:

See steelers flee flicker 2005-2007

[/quote]

This year I'd love to see some type of trick play where Seneca is at WR, Hasselbeck is in the Shotgun with the Forsett on one side and JJ on the other. Fake the hand-off to Jones, toss it back to Forsett, Forsett throws it back to Wallace who already ran up, stopped, and turned back around behind Forsett. Wallace then passes down field to Butler/Burleson/Housh for the TD. [/quote]

S

Seattlehawk94

I was there on the day the moving trucks came...

I stood in front of one for a few minutes until I was threatened with arrest....Behrings are the worst..But...

They didn't "try" to lose...They really wanted to win...They just were shitty judges of talent....These are the people who signed Nate Odoms only to have him never play a game for us, at the time he was the highest paid DB in the NFL when F/A started.

Alot of you kids don't remember the Behrings and don't put them up there....You should...They almost killed the franchise..

And 18, Gagwhore didn't "Save" the Seahawks...It was Pete Von Reichbaur the Republican from Federal Way (and a personal friend of my father's) who brokered the deal with Allen and helped Slade get Tags to force them back..UnLocke and Gagwhore didn't do shit except threaten and talk (like all Dumocraps are good at, all bark no bite).

Some of you "kids" aren't old enough to have been involved in this but...I was 18 already a season ticket holder and a Hawks fan since the mid 80s. Still hate to admit we had Lambs season tickets before that but...You will never know (I hope) seeing your team packed into a wagon and carted off...I know the Sonics did it but...With the Hawks it was 100 times worse for me....Being a kid nowadays must be easy....Shit my first NFL memory was being at Superbowl XIV watching my hometown Lambs get beat by the Stealers (start of a long hate for them that's only grown)..I was freaking 3....Shit....I was swearing in the stands at a 4th Grade Level when I was 5....How do some of you not remember the Berhings? :?

Tez didn't show up yeah....But he didn't "Save" the team..He drew attention to it 96...What saved the team was PVR, Slade, Allen, Tags, KJR, Fans, and groups willing to buy tickets.

#3 worst would probably be a tie amongst all bust picks: Gino Toreta, Bos, Mirer, McGuire, and on and on.

Gino wasn't a pick...In fact he won the only game he ever played for us (a Week 17 game at Cokeland in which Frieze and Mirer were injured) he came in as an injury replacement in Week 16 of 1996, I don't know how a guy who was on the roster for 2 months total could rank so high in the hate list..

As for the "I was an OL" rant...We all played football, or most of us anyways and we all understand the game...Dude, we know the line is huge....But Hass hasn't missed a beat since Hutch left..His numbers are almost the same...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
And 18, Gagwhore didn't "Save" the Seahawks...It was Pete Von Reichbaur the Republican from Federal Way (and a personal friend of my father's) who brokered the deal with Allen and helped Slade get Tags to force them back..UnLocke and Gagwhore didn't do shit except threaten and talk (like all Dumocraps are good at, all bark no bite).

He did not broker the deal. He merely pleaded the benefits of retaining a professional football team in Seattle when most were backing down. But it was Locke, Gregoire, and Tagliabue that legally prevented the Seahawks from playing anywhere but Seattle.

Side note: I do like Von Reichbauer because I think he stands for ideals of the average person and not for political allies. He moved to abolish party labels in 2007 and does not vote with his party. I like that.

S

Seattlehawk94

They threw up the legal roadblock but without PVR, Allen doesn't buy the team...PVR is the one who set everything in motion...

Top Bottom