• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Biggest game" ever at CLink/Kingdome?

OP
Cyoplasm

Cyoplasm

Huddler
Reaction score
I strong disagree. First of all. The play calling whether it's Bevell or whether is Carroll influencing Bevell has not aided the passing game one bit. For example on Saturday, after Wilson missed Tate on a slant, Bevell called 8 straight runs. That's not how you help your QB get in rhythm. A lot of that game was run, run, pass punt. The QB is at a huge disadvantage when the defense knows he's passing and his receivers aren't great at getting separation.

And maybe talking about what could've been with Percy isn't relevant, but Sidney Rice and his 6'4" frame sure would be nice right about now, would you agree? I really like our guys, but none of our healthy guys are #1 type receivers. I would even argue that Percy when healthy isn't a true #1. Imagine what this team would be accomplishing right now had they traded for Josh Gordon. He would be huge! This team definitely needs to either draft or trade for a legitimate number one receiver in the offseason.

I agree partially with your retort. Since Sidney got hurt I knew a "big WR" was a top priority for the upcoming off season.
Saturday in particular was sloppy, but you cant deny that due to inclimate weather and the strength of the running game, some dropped balls, and simply the flow of the game that these were the sole reasons we couldn't pass the ball as effectively.

Tell me one thing that Sidney does that Kearse can't. Give me one skill set that Sidney has, that Kearse doesn't...
Josh Gordon being huge??? That's speculation. You have no real idea what exactly he would've done in Seattle, based on scheme alone, not mention all the other things that the butterfly effect causes.

Bev has had bad timing on his calls on 2nd and long and in the red zone as of late yes, but you aren't thinking about his body of work in totality. He is certainly capable, and though he's had his woes as of late, for the sake of Russell's progression, I would vow he and Tom Cable are the coordinators you would want overspend on to keep here.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It's all good brother. I'll earn my stripes just like everyone else.
You're right though, I'm a troll.
I just do my trolling elsewhere.

I think he was commenting on your ability to spot a troll on our board so quickly...lol Not that you are a troll. ;)

OP
Cyoplasm

Cyoplasm

Huddler
Reaction score
:cautious::cautious::cautious:
I think he was commenting on your ability to spot a troll on our board so quickly...lol Not that you are a troll. ;)

Ahhh! Sorry, read that in a literal sense.
My comprehension through text is that of a 16 year girl on her rag, assuming her BF is cheating on her

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Some of my greatest memories will be of Alexander... "At the time" he was great watching, a great role model as well, but there's something about the style of Lynch that is just more exciting to watch.

A couple of my friends and myself were talking about this the other day actually.
What would Lynch be capable of with Walt, Hutch, and Strong leading the way for him.

One can only dream...

Lynch doesn't try to avoid contact like SA. Lynch has an amazing stiff arm. SA was crafty.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry for trolling...especially as a Niner fan, but:

Marshawn Lynch (to me) is much better than Shaun Alexander. Statistically, no. But how can one not absolutely love Beast Mode? I can truly say that the league fears the beast and while I love our run D...Marshawn is gonna get his. Comparing the whole 2013 squad to the 2005 squad, I still gotta say that this years squad is better. Then again, back in 2005 we we're competing with them as we were just trying to field a team that didn't look totally pathetic.

Side question: What did you guys think when we first hired Dennis Erickson? Those were two dark years for us.

Best of luck on Sunday....may the winner represent the NFC West proudly!!!!!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Sorry for trolling...especially as a Niner fan, but:

Marshawn Lynch (to me) is much better than Shaun Alexander. Statistically, no. But how can one not absolutely love Beast Mode? I can truly say that the league fears the beast and while I love our run D...Marshawn is gonna get his. Comparing the whole 2013 squad to the 2005 squad, I still gotta say that this years squad is better. Then again, back in 2005 we we're competing with them as we were just trying to field a team that didn't look totally pathetic.

Side question: What did you guys think when we first hired Dennis Erickson? Those were two dark years for us.

Best of luck on Sunday....may the winner represent the NFC West proudly!!!!!

You're not trolling. Too many have thin skin over other teams fans. It must be an inbred tribal thing. If Blue gives you shit then throw him a stinky fish head to unruffle his feathers.

Erickson, good times.

Reaction score
And with one of their two first round picks the St. Louis Rams pick the best WR available.:sneaky:

So what does that make it? 3 or 4 years in a row that you guys finally get Bradford those weapons he doesn't have. Maybe the problem isn't his lack of targets...

Reaction score
It's all good brother. I'll earn my stripes just like everyone else.
You're right though, I'm a troll.
I just do my trolling elsewhere.

No, no, no man. You totally misinterpreted my comment. I was agreeing with you that ramsworth is a troll. Welcome to the site btw.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
So what does that make it? 3 or 4 years in a row that you guys finally get Bradford those weapons he doesn't have. Maybe the problem isn't his lack of targets...

Serial offensive coordinators and low talent WRs. Looks like they are staying with the ground heavy offense. Bradford's durability is in question though not his deep ball.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
You're not trolling. Too many have thin skin over other teams fans. It must be an inbred tribal thing. If Blue gives you shit then throw him a stinky fish head to unruffle his feathers.

Erickson, good times.

Ahem...I actually gave his post a thumbs up. So stick it mutton head. ;)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
It really does come down to the '05 Conf Championship and this one. I think because '05 was the first SB appearance, that makes it extra special.
But this one could be even more historical give the 49ers being the bitter rival, the fact that they are the returning NFC Champs, and the otherall perception that NFC winner wins the SB. And just the sheer physicality of the teams, this will be MMA football. Like going to a hockey game, to see the fights. Going to the Race to see the car wrecks.
This will be a 'Clash of the Titans' of the year, maybe the real Superbowl!

Verdict:

If we win: 2013
If we loose: 2005

Top Bottom