• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats SF 16 8 80!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
The Panthers were no match for the 49ers. Now is the true test as this NFC Title game will be tougher than the super bowl. I still think the Seahawks defense is too much for the 49ers though if the Seahawks offense keeps laying an egg you never know.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The Panthers were no match for the 49ers. Now is the true test as this NFC Title game will be tougher than the super bowl. I still think the Seahawks defense is too much for the 49ers though if the Seahawks offense keeps laying an egg you never know.

140 yards rushing against the 4th ranked defense in the league is laying an egg ? You sound like an ESPN show.

Free Brandon Browner

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Wilson can throw for a hundred if the beast is in effect and we'll still win. The key is not having turnovers.

In this one I think it comes down to toughness and who can cover who better.

My opinion is Seattle has the advantage and the home field.

Seahawks in a close game.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
140 yards against the 4th ranked defense in the league is laying an egg ? You sound like an ESPN show.

Free Brandon Browner

Handing the ball off to Lynch is fine as long as it works. Good offenses do it all and of late that hasn't been the Seahawks which is why I say this game will be tougher than the super bowl.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Russ has been playing well enough to win...other than that I don't care how we look doing it.

When we lose, then I'll worry about whether he's in a slump or not.

If he was throwing any better we'd be blowing people out the stadium.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Officiating has been very strange. They call nothing in coverage and then blow the whistle quickly on fumbles when we have replay? Makes no sense...

Idahawk

Reaction score
Under those weather conditions it was the correct game plan . We had two INTs dropped on defense, anyone catching anything in that game was lucky . It shows the Seahawks can adapt to whatever comes at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Under those weather conditions it was the correct game plan . We had two INTs dropped on defense, anyone catching anything in that game was lucky . It shows the Seahawks can adapt to whatever comes at them.

That might have had something to do with it but on the other hand the passing game has been in the tank for 4-5 weeks now.
Wilson doesn't need to torch the place throwing the ball but he's gotta be closer to 200 than 100, otherwise the Niners stack the box and it gets easier for them to stop Lynch. He's gotta be ready to make them pay for stacking the box. They need balance to win this game.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
They need the passing game to get those 3rd down conversions too, otherwise they just keep turning the ball back to the other team and they keep giving the opposition way too many opportunities to win.
Against the Saints, they lost the time of possession, even with Lynch running for 140 because they had no passing game in the 2nd half and couldn't convert on 3rd down.
They lost the ToP battle and they were outgained 410 to 270 overall.
They can't do that against the Niners and expect the same outcome. Not unless they are PERFECT in taking care of the ball again. But I don't like having to maintain perfection in that department and having no margin for error at all.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
But you could also say that if someone stated we'd only throw for a 100 yards on the Saints and win, would you believe that last Friday?

As long as he doesn't throw for 200 and 2 picks I'm cool with the low production. Do I want more...sure.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks RW.

Their D combined with the noise is definitely a huge hurdle. My thought is that having faced them twice before this season is a benefit. Even though they lost, the Saints definitely looked better (I thought) on their second trip to Seattle this season than their first. We are also on fire right now, and Seattle has had difficulties. My actual thought is that it is probably 50/50. I would expect a close game whichever way it goes.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
They need the passing game to get those 3rd down conversions too, otherwise they just keep turning the ball back to the other team and they keep giving the opposition way too many opportunities to win.
Against the Saints, they lost the time of possession, even with Lynch running for 140 because they had no passing game in the 2nd half and couldn't convert on 3rd down.
They can't do that against the Niners and expect the same outcome. Not unless they are PERFECT in taking care of the ball again. But I don't like having to maintain perfection in that department and having no margin for error at all.

Excellent post.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
But you could also say that if someone stated we'd only throw for a 100 yards on the Saints and win, would you believe that last Friday?

As long as he doesn't throw for 200 and 2 picks I'm cool with the low production. Do I want more...sure.

Sure but don't forget that if the Saints made those field goals the Seahawks would have lost. I still think the Seahawks defense is enough with Beast at 100 yards and Wilson sub 200, but what if the defense has a down game?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

Different team, different game, different situational football.

Don't look at the stats is a vacuum, Seahawks were protecting a lead and played/called a conservative second half.
The only time I even got a little concerned is when the saints recovered the on sides. The ball didn't seem to be bouncing the Seahawks way, yet they prevailed.

Reaction score
Sure but don't forget that if the Saints made those field goals the Seahawks would have lost. I still think the Seahawks defense is enough with Beast at 100 yards and Wilson sub 200, but what if the defense has a down game?

The Saints missed two field goals. That's a difference of 6 points. That would make the score 23-21 if my math is correct.

But there are too many "what ifs" and they go both ways. What if Earl Thomas makes that pick instead of tipping it for a 53 yard gain? What if they review and clearly see the runningback fumbled the ball (which the Seahawks recovered), instead of giving Bobby Wagner a 15 yard penalty after the ball?

And at the end of the day, Graham missed FG's he should've made. Haushka hit all 3 of his.

No point playing the what if game in football.

Reaction score
Sure but don't forget that if the Saints made those field goals the Seahawks would have lost. I still think the Seahawks defense is enough with Beast at 100 yards and Wilson sub 200, but what if the defense has a down game?[/quote]

The likelyhood that Kaepernick has a bad day is a lot higher than our defense having a down day. Recent meetings between these two teams show that.

And are you really expecting a down day from the Seahawks defense in the NFC Championship?

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The Saints missed two field goals. That's a difference of 6 points. That would make the score 23-21 if my math is correct.

But there are too many "what ifs" and they go both ways. What if Earl Thomas makes that pick instead of tipping it for a 53 yard gain? What if they review and clearly see the runningback fumbled the ball (which the Seahawks recovered), instead of giving Bobby Wagner a 15 yard penalty after the ball?

And at the end of the day, Graham missed FG's he should've made. Haushka hit all 3 of his.

No point playing the what if game in football.

What if the Lambs had 3 more wins...lol Wait, still would have missed the playoffs.

Reaction score
The game was over after Marshawn ran it in for his second TD. Up until that point, Drew Brees and that explosive offense had managed 8 points in almost 60 minutes of football. Jimmy Graham hadn't caught a single pass and their only points came after that fluke should've been pick turned into a long reception. Brees got most of his yards in garbage time when the game was all but over.

He had 34 yards passing in the first half. Drew-5000-plus-yards-a-season Brees.

Top Bottom