• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats SF 16 8 80!

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Bd9u0hbCMAArYXv.png

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Don't those stats scare you? Especially when you have to win 2 more games on the road?

I'm glad we lost the Cardinal game...odds are funny things because they get you more often than you get to stay with the 100%.

But sleep with that under your pillow.

Rubber match baby...throw the stats out the window.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't those stats scare you? Especially when you have to win 2 more games on the road?

I'm glad we lost the Cardinal game...odds are funny things because they get you more often than you get to stay with the 100%.

But sleep with that under your pillow.

Rubber match baby...throw the stats out the window.
Do the stats scare me? No. Quite the opposite, actually.

If we were talking dice, roulette, or some other game of chance here, you might have a point. (But even then, those devices don't have memories. The odds on the next roll will remain the same.)

But we're not. This isn't dice, it's horse racing.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Do the stats scare me? No. Quite the opposite, actually.

If we were talking dice, roulette, or some other game of chance here, you might have a point. (But even then, those devices don't have memories. The odds on the next roll will remain the same.)

But we're not. This isn't dice, it's horse racing.

See, I love betting guys like you. ;)

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, it was an 8 teamer for $65 and me and a buddy actually had $18,000 to win ($65 each) on that little puppy.

I still made $300 that week on some other bets. ;) But that field goal still makes me sick.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, it was an 8 teamer for $65 and me and a buddy actually had $18,000 to win ($65 each) on that little puppy.

I still made $300 that week on some other bets. ;) But that field goal still makes me sick.
That would have been nice.

I was in Vegas for the superbowl, and took the "there will be a safety" bet at 4-1, $100. Made up 4/5 of the $500 I lost on the Niners.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
That would have been nice.

I was in Vegas for the superbowl, and took the "there will be a safety" bet at 4-1, $100. Made up 4/5 of the $500 I lost on the Niners.

First rule...never bet on your team.

I've never placed a wager that included the Seahawks, other than my annual bet I use to place on the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl (Which I have not placed since 1995 when I moved to Washington, thus lost my bookie.) Not even when I thought they were a lock would I bet during the season.

The field goal I lost on was against the 49ers covering an 11 point spread (it was more than 7 at least)....which they did not, until the flipping FG!!!! They were already ahead by 10...mthrfckers!!!!

Reaction score
There is something to be said for that. Like many other quarterbacks, he has had a hard time there. On the other hand, one of those losses was last season, his first half a season starting. The other, this season, involved a seriously depleted receiver corp. You would expect a better game out of him this time around, especially since the Niners are rolling right now. I would expect a close game.

It may have been his first half starting, but he rolled New England to the tune of 4 TD's the week prior to coming to Seattle. He had Crabtree, Manningham, Moss and Vernon until Kam rocked his dome. How'd he do with a full WR corpse?

And this season, with that "seriously depleted WR corp" in he torched the GB Packers in week 1. Then he came to Seattle and had one of the worst games of the year.

Reaction score

None of those stats have relevance except for the game(s) vs Seattle... since week 12, you're +2 vs Seattle. That game was at home, and lets admit it, if not for that one long run by Gore, there’s a very good chance you lose that game. Now I say, no what ifs... so I am not making excuses. Simply stating a fact, like you like to do ; )

Now, let’s take a look at another relevant stat. Counting the 16 match from last season, the Seahawks have outscored the 49ers 88-35. Now that is a significant stat.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
He's 4-1, he lost in the Super Bowl

I was referring to road games in the playoffs. You're referring to the Super Bowl and a neutral field. Technically a different deal.
But he's actually 3-0 on the road in the playoffs, not 4-0 so in that regard I was off after all. I forgot the GB game last year was at home.
Don't count on the Niners getting rattled again this time around. They are supremely confident and they believe they can beat the Seahawks here. No meltdowns this time. They've been here before and they know what to expect. They're also doing everything right now that the Seahawks are doing but they've got an efficient passing game to throw into the fight as well, so we're also gonna need one.

I don't really care about Wilson's overall stats. I just want to see more consistency in the passing game in the situations where they do need to throw it. No more of this 3 points and 7 punts in the 2nd half.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Ball control in bad weather is all that was, nothing more nothing less .

3 total points and 7 punts in the 2nd half isn't exactly what I'd call ball control. They're gonna be needing more than that. Stats might not matter but consistency does. At least be more efficient. And this time around it's likely the weather won't be as much of a factor.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Out of the two teams which team has been blown out and where?

Thats a significant fact that cant be overlooked.

Without the one Gore run late in the game we would have swept the 49ers this year.

Losing is losing, but sometimes the devil is in the details.

Its an epic game granted, but the outcome might be less epic. Seahawks got this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If we get the W, I would love for someone to ask Harbaugh "Um, Jim, so, who has it better than you?" at his post game conference.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks RW.

Their D combined with the noise is definitely a huge hurdle. My thought is that having faced them twice before this season is a benefit. Even though they lost, the Saints definitely looked better (I thought) on their second trip to Seattle this season than their first. We are also on fire right now, and Seattle has had difficulties. My actual thought is that it is probably 50/50. I would expect a close game whichever way it goes.

I tend to feel more like 52/48 in favor of Seattle, if Harvin plays 54/46 Seahawks. The weather looks good for this Sunday so I expect more confidence from Seattle's offense. The big stat is 3rd downs, will Wilson take the game into his own hands and make some plays like Kaepernick has been doing. The Seahawks have 3 maybe even 4 linebackers capable of shutting down Vernon Davis with Kam hanging around to clean up the trash. Maxwell and Sherm can handle Crab and Boldin with Thomas bird dogging them over the top. I just don't see Kaep eclipsing 150 yards very easily with the way he foils under the 12th man. So it all comes down to both teams running game as it usually does. Michael Bowie is a huge shot in the arm from what James Carpenter has Been giving. The last 100 yard game for Lynch came with him in there and look what happened when he got the nod on Saturday, a playoff rushing record. I like where that's headed, I think the real Rus will return with the play action working again. If the Hawks can shut down Gore and Kap rushing which I think they will, 49ers won't get more then 17 points if that. So can the Hawks put up about 20 points. My theory is Kap is good for one or two turnovers being over confident from a 7 game win streak giving the Hawks an extra possession or 2. Beast mode will be in full effect. The script will flip from the last game, hawks win 19-17.

My 2 cents for the week, time to go in a coma and wake at 3:30 on Sunday

GO HAWKS!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
It may have been his first half starting, but he rolled New England to the tune of 4 TD's the week prior to coming to Seattle. He had Crabtree, Manningham, Moss and Vernon until Kam rocked his dome. How'd he do with a full WR corpse?

And this season, with that "seriously depleted WR corp" in he torched the GB Packers in week 1. Then he came to Seattle and had one of the worst games of the year.
Not sure what your point is. Seattle is tougher place to be. Everyone knows that. Seems to me that more experience and a full strength offense ought to make it less tough.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
None of those stats have relevance except for the game(s) vs Seattle... since week 12, you're +2 vs Seattle. That game was at home, and lets admit it, if not for that one long run by Gore, there’s a very good chance you lose that game. Now I say, no what ifs... so I am not making excuses. Simply stating a fact, like you like to do ; )

Now, let’s take a look at another relevant stat. Counting the 16 match from last season, the Seahawks have outscored the 49ers 88-35. Now that is a significant stat.

I beg to differ.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Not sure what your point is. Seattle is tougher place to be. Everyone knows that. Seems to me that more experience and a full strength offense ought to make it less tough.

If Harvin passes the concussion protocol and plays...what do you think then?

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I tend to feel more like 52/48 in favor of Seattle, if Harvin plays 54/46 Seahawks. The weather looks good for this Sunday so I expect more confidence from Seattle's offense. The big stat is 3rd downs, will Wilson take the game into his own hands and make some plays like Kaepernick has been doing. The Seahawks have 3 maybe even 4 linebackers capable of shutting down Vernon Davis with Kam hanging around to clean up the trash. Maxwell and Sherm can handle Crab and Boldin with Thomas bird dogging them over the top. I just don't see Kaep eclipsing 150 yards very easily with the way he foils under the 12th man. So it all comes down to both teams running game as it usually does. Michael Bowie is a huge shot in the arm from what James Carpenter has Been giving. The last 100 yard game for Lynch came with him in there and look what happened when he got the nod on Saturday, a playoff rushing record. I like where that's headed, I think the real Rus will return with the play action working again. If the Hawks can shut down Gore and Kap rushing which I think they will, 49ers won't get more then 17 points if that. So can the Hawks put up about 20 points. My theory is Kap is good for one or two turnovers being over confident from a 7 game win streak giving the Hawks an extra possession or 2. Beast mode will be in full effect. The script will flip from the last game, hawks win 19-17.

My 2 cents for the week, time to go in a coma and wake at 3:30 on Sunday

GO HAWKS!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

Not to quibble, but actually he's got an 8 game winning streak now.

Top Bottom