• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

COOL CHANGE TO THE SITE!

Reaction score
I know that they wanted some more changes to this because they didn't like the main colors not being the hawks colors.

Reaction score
18 did say he wants to tweak the colors to represent Seahawk's colors...

I think there are more changes he wants to make too... Off the top of my head I'd say make the site a little easier to navigate and add a quick reply option.

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
The banner is very legit. I hate the text boxes though that show up on every single post.

G

It's kind of unbecoming. I mean, it has nothing to do with the Seahawks... It looks like the Declaration of Independence.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, the idea was to make it look kind of like a roughed up playbook. Now you know why I asked for Photoshop help. :D

I plan on either finding another main background or maybe scanning in some hand drawn playbook looking thing. Either that or maybe putting a turf looking background in. (Suggestions welcome.)

For the rest of it, I plan on hitting it with a grayscale to remove the "Declaration of Independence" look and also eventually converting all the red rollover stuff to green or blue, depending on what the background ends up being.

Don't worry. All the mods on the other style will be implemented, too (i.e. bob's love for the Quick Reply). I want to get the actual design hammered out first.

G

Number 18 said:
...or maybe scanning in some hand drawn playbook looking thing.

Like, some X's and O's with arrows and routes depicting a play. You know on Madden when you're looking for plays, when it shows a little preview of the routes and stuff? Like that, maybe...?

Number 18 said:
(i.e. bob's love for the Quick Reply)

I also like the Quick Reply.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
lol I do love me some quick reply.

I concur...I think the logo at the top looks AWESOME. Great job! The distressed look came out great IMO.

My only concern is some of the navigational aspects; there are a lot of little boxes that seem to be scattered, some have a hard-to-read handwritten font, some normal text, and some just symbols. (It took me awhile to figure out how to delete a message while viewing it, as there's a "Quote" box but "Delete" is just an "X". For the regular posts on the boards, I thought the box next to the Quote was for a reply, then realized it was an exclamation point to report the post.)

I like the mouse-over color change, but the beige against the light background gets lost a bit. And I don't know why some icons next to some post topics are blinking?

I LIKE the dark text against the white boxes for the posts! At least it's better than having them against the colored gradient of the background, and therefore unreadable like most fan sites. Let's not forget the main purpose of this is to READ what we write each other. As a former art director for 15 years, I notice a lot of my designer brethren tend to treat text as an art element, not realizing that "looking cool" is not always the same as being readable.
Thanks to Number 18 for keeping this in focus. Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
Bru-Hed said:
I LIKE the dark text against the white boxes for the posts! At least it's better than having them against the colored gradient of the background, and therefore unreadable like most fan sites. Let's not forget the main purpose of this is to READ what we write each other. As a former art director for 15 years, I notice a lot of my designer brethren tend to treat text as an art element, not realizing that "looking cool" is not always the same as being readable.
Thanks to Number 18 for keeping this in focus. Keep up the good work!

Agreed, but at the same time I think that it can be blended in a little bit more to look a little more uniform with the site.. I'm not sure how to go about doing that... Just something to think about 18. I definitely like what you're doing... I see the index page has been changed to seahawk's colors and I think it looks AWESOME. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom