• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game 13: Mariners vs. Tigers (Rubber Match)

Reaction score
[center:2c83mym7]Game at 1:10 PST[/center:2c83mym7]

[center:2c83mym7]Probables:[/center:2c83mym7]

[center:2c83mym7]Seattle (8-4)
Carlos Silva
ERA: 6.00
W-L: 0-1

vs.

Detroit (6-5)
Rick Porcello
ERA: 7.20
W-L: 0-1[/center:2c83mym7]

Series tied 1-1. Need some runs to cover Silva. Lets win another series!!

S

Seattlehawk94

I am....I think he's got his mojo back....He found it after the game against his former team in the Metrosexual Dome's candy machines..

Don't worry...We'll take it...

Oh and SI did a piece on Minor Leaguers who should be called up....Mike Wilson (8HRs in Cactus League) was #8...Truthfully, I'd bring him up and plug him at 1st and bat him 4rd with Griffey behind him protecting in the lineup..Beltre is proving time and time again to be a contract one year wonder, he's one of the only cleanup hitters in MLB without a HR..Dude just isn't a cleanup guy...

What I would do if I were Wak and Mr. Zirga during the season...

1. Ichiro
2. Endy
3. Wilson
4. Griffey
5. Lopez
6. Beltre
7. Franklin
8. Yuni
9. Robbie

Rotation:
1. King
2. Bedard
3. Jax
4. Wash
5. Silva

That way you've got a good R-L turn everyday...Give RSS ONE more start in order to set it that way.
Trade Clement, Balentine, and Batista (as a salary dump for giving up two "top" "prospects") for Peavy and you can tweak it a little bit at the deadline to make a run...
Then you have a Righty (Sweeney) and a Lefty (B-Russ) on the bench to pinch hit as well.

Imagine:
Felix
Bedard
Peavy

in a short series! We could use those three in the LDS, LCS, and World Series without having to have a 4th starter..Wash would be okay if needed but would sit in the pen and come in to face lefties or late in tie games.

We won't be able to keep Peavy AND Bedard (maybe we might) but we will be in and WIN the World Series...

This team is a tweak here and a tweak there from being World Champions.....Don't let this be like fucking 2001 when the Kool-Aid drinkers were happy we didn't pick anyone up because we were rolling...

I knew in 2001 that team couldn't win it all...I won ALOT of money (but I was pissed, would've rather had a title than the cash) because I knew they couldn't win with what they had....They had alot of roleplayers with career years and a few juicers...This team isn't like that for one reason....They don't have "roleplayers" they've got guys who can play the game the right way..

I'd almost say the the deadline to make a run at a slugger as well:

First Basemen
Carlos Delgado NYM
Jason Giambi * OAK
Ross Gload * KC
Aubrey Huff BAL
Nick Johnson WAS
Adam LaRoche PIT
Robb Quinlan LAA
Matt Stairs PHI
Mike Sweeney SEA
Jim Thome CHW
Chad Tracy ARZ

Second Basemen
Marlon Anderson NYM
Ron Belliard WAS
Jamey Carroll CLE
Mark DeRosa CHC
David Eckstein SD
Orlando Hudson LAD
Akinori Iwamura * TB
Omar Infante ATL
Felipe Lopez ARZ
Placido Polanco DET
Freddy Sanchez * PIT

Shortstops
Orlando Cabrera OAK
Bobby Crosby OAK
Adam Everett DET
Alex Gonzalez * CIN
Khalil Greene STL
John McDonald TOR
Marco Scutaro TOR
Miguel Tejada HOU
Jack Wilson * PIT

Third Basemen
Adrian Beltre SEA
Hank Blalock TEX
Geoff Blum HOU
Joe Crede MIN
Pedro Feliz * PHI
Chone Figgins LAA
Troy Glaus STL
Mike Lamb MIL
Melvin Mora * BAL

Catchers
Josh Bard BOS
Henry Blanco SD
Ramon Castro NYM
Ramon Hernandez * CIN
Jason Kendall MIL
Jason LaRue STL
Victor Martinez * CLE
Benji Molina SF
Jose Molina NYY
Miguel Olivo * KC
Mike Redmond MIN
Brian Schneider NYM
Yorvit Torrealba * COL
Jason Varitek * BOS
Gregg Zaun * BAL

Outfielders
Bobby Abreu LAA
Garret Anderson ATL
Rick Ankiel STL
Rocco Baldelli BOS
Jason Bay BOS
Marlon Byrd TEX
Mike Cameron MIL
Frank Catalanotto TEX
Endy Chavez SEA
Coco Crisp * KC
Carl Crawford * TB
Johnny Damon NYY
David Dellucci CLE
Jermaine Dye * CWS
Darin Erstad HOU
Cliff Floyd SD
Ryan Freel BAL
Brian Giles SD
Ken Griffey Jr. SEA
Vladimir Guerrero LAA
Matt Holliday OAK
Geoff Jenkins * PHI
Reed Johnson CHC
Andruw Jones TEX
Austin Kearns * WAS
Hideki Matusi NYY
Jason Michaels CLE
Xavier Nady NYY
Magglio Ordonez * DET
Manny Ramirez * LAD
Dave Roberts SF
Gary Sheffield DET
Randy Winn SF

If the Dodgers are out on July 31....Manny might look good with a compass rose on his hat just for the postseason though...Or even better...Find a way to trade Beltre for Melvin Mora...

Reaction score
I don't want to get rid of Beltre... He's better than Mora anyways, Mora plays in a hitters park and puts up about the same numbers Beltre does and he isn't anywhere near the 3rd baseman Beltre is.

He's a free agent after this season and 'm sure he realizes he's not getting another big contract. I'd love to resign him. Lets face it no one in the middle of our line up is someone that's going to terrorize pitching staffs.

Junior- Good, not as good as most of the #3 hitters in the league though.
Beltre- Puts up decent power numbers, has a ton of power, but only hits .250-.270
Branyan- Again tons of power, not going to see him hitting .300 though.
Lopez- REALLY good hitter, but not a whole lot of power.

The lineup is solid 1-9, there aren't any easy outs... But there's no big presence in the middle of it.

S

Seattlehawk94

Well....This game sucks ass....

You know what?

We'll get them on Tuesday.....That's the joy of baseball....

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
Lets hope so, the only positive note is everyone in our division is on a two game losing streak as well, well except the lucky ass Rangers with that walk off win.

Top Bottom