• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Housh to seattle - Just an opinion

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
vanillathrilla said:
I understand the disappointment with Burleson's numbers, and you are right about them not adding up to the contract he has, but he also hasn't been healthy.

haha honestly, who HAS been healthy :lol:
The guys who make the least impact. :D

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree that the number and stats dont add up, but lets not forget about the intangables.
Nate has heart. Plays with passion, is explosive with the ball, great character guy, and was awesome as a return man when it wasnt working at WR. I like that he's local too I think it adds to his commitment to the team.
Remember in 07 late in the 4th quarter against the St. Louis "Lambs" he ran back a punt for TD; and basically sealed the game up.

Yeah, Nates my boy.

Idahawk

Reaction score
TJ and Carlson in the middle add a back that can catch...then add in some speed on the outside with branch , burleson........we will crush..I have no doubt :eek:

Reaction score
phaZe said:
hawkfanadam said:
vanillathrilla said:
I understand the disappointment with Burleson's numbers, and you are right about them not adding up to the contract he has, but he also hasn't been healthy.

haha honestly, who HAS been healthy :lol:
The guys who make the least impact. :D

:lol: So true.... It was a rough year for Seattle sports let me tell ya...

Reaction score
I will tell you benefits most from this deal (if Hasselbeck stays healthy):
John Carlson- Defenses will focus around Housh and Branch if all stay healthy. Carlson will have a lot of one-on-one coverages and can do his thing. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Carlson is selected to his first Pro Bowl and really blossoms with TJ in Seattle.

As well as Hasselbeck, Branch and Burleson. Now with all the support giving JJ if he can carry through for me we should have no problem going back to first place.

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with 96 but have one addition.

What if our 4th WR was K-Rob?

How about K-Rob and Burleson burning outside up the sidelines

Housh and Carleson in the middle

and a RB that can catch......

Who do they defend?

WOW......Give me an offensive line that can stay healthy.............. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Reaction score
I think you guys need to give Nate a chance.. The dude had one catch in preseason that went for a 68 yard TD and one HELL of a catch for a TD against Buffalo in the season opener. He's dangerous in the open field and he's got pretty good hands (better than K-Robs). I think we have a very solid trio of wide outs and if Engram comes back we've got our slot guy, if not I wouldn't mind seeing Burleson and Housh at flanker and Branch in the slot.

Reaction score
and for those saying TJ is to old... Did you listen to his interview. He really only has 5 seasons in the NFL on his body because he didn't play the first couple of years at cincy :p . Right now he is our best hands guy on the roster.

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Bob,

I agree, what I was saying is that I prefer Burleson & Korn Rows @wideout and housh as the Slot guy. If you look at his best work, its in the middle of the field 10 to 15 yards. Total Slot guy!

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
Bob,

I agree, what I was saying is that I prefer Burleson & Korn Rows @wideout and housh as the Slot guy. If you look at his best work, its in the middle of the field 10 to 15 yards. Total Slot guy!

where you got branch at then?

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Trade him to Dallas for a 2nd round pick # 52 over all I think!

There are plenty of teams that we could trade him too. He is just hurt too much, has not really done anything for the money he is getting.

Reaction score
I think Branch will stay healthy and if you remember the last month of 08 season when he was healthy he did a very good job for us. Primarily against New England.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree, give branch another shot, he is a game changer when he was in, and we wont be depending on him as much with our new core.

If you listened to Mora on the Housh press conference, they will be running various formations with a x,y,z, meaning there isnt always gonna be a traditional slot, wide, and flank. I think he looking to mix it up alittle, if was more tradition it would be more predicable. Even in Holmy's offense sometimes slot does a post route and flank does square.

im thinking youll see all three guys (bobby being a slot only guy if he stays) in all three positions.

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I am starting to get excited, just hope our D-Fence can go back to 2007 form maybe a 1400 yard rusher.

The key is long drives, our small defense gets smoked by the 4th quarter because of a bunch of 3 an outs or quick scores, no time for the Fence to rest

Reaction score
Branch is a great WR when healthy. He was the MPV of a Super Bowl and has the talent to make a huge impact. He will remain the #1 WR and Housh/Burleson will take the other two spots. The last few games he made some great catches and impacted the team a lot. He has been in this system long enough now to know what the plays are without having to think about it.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
I agree with 96 but have one addition.

What if our 4th WR was K-Rob?

How about K-Rob and Burleson burning outside up the sidelines
Uhhmmm... Don't you think the message to K-Rob was pretty clear when Housh held up a jersey with his name on the back and a big number 18?

Reaction score
Well K-Rob's knee won't let him play in Seattle or any other team it appears. Sad to see his career end like that. Just when it looked like he might be returning to a threat. If he did come back well it's possible he would get 18 and if Engram doesn't come back Houshmandzadeh could take 84. Just cause he held 18 up doesn't really mean he won't change the number.

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
Well guys, we finally got a great #1 WR. I'm not quite feeling the excitement. 31 is fine, he'll be with us for two seasons and when we have to rebuild in a few years anyway, we'll let him go. Not a big deal. He's going to be great this season. He's a big target, and a hands guy, not really a burner. He was never a burner in Cincy. The guy has a great attitude and just gets open. He is the new best offensive player we have on our whole squad.

Top Bottom