• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I have to say Russell Wilson played a good game...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of the debate on this forum about how good or how bad Wilson is for the Seahawks. So yesterday, I decided NO red zone channel and ONLY watch the Seahawks. I had to see what all the fuss was about it.

I have to say, he played lights out. Whether you love him or hate him, a rookie putting up 300 yards and 3 TDs is pretty impressive. But MOST impressive was his decision making.

Is this a one game fluke? I hope not, but I am going to enjoy the win for the kid for the rest of the day, lol. :)

Thoughts?

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson played the game of his life.. I knew we had a chance to beat the pats if Wilson could get TD's ... Great win Seattle...

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson played the game of his life.. I knew we had a chance to beat the pats if Wilson could get TD's ... Great win Seattle...

Yes. I now have to shut my face on the Wilson issue, I knew early on in the game that they must have taken the return bungees off the ball (what was the name of that product for training kids ?)... I was impressed but felt he would falter later.... he did not.

A very good Quarterback !

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
We knew going into this last game that the Patriots were good against the run, but suspect against the passing game. If Wilson gets a similar performance in the upcoming game at San Francisco (number one ranked defense overall now & second against the pass) then I will be truely impressed...Hawks on the map?

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
We knew going into this last game that the Patriots were good against the run, but suspect against the passing game. If Wilson gets a similar performance in the upcoming game at San Francisco (number one ranked defense overall now & second against the pass) then I will be truely impressed...Hawks on the map?

I did not see a Patriots team too far off their usual mark for pass defense, I honestly think they simply got "beat" on those routes that worked... none of which would matter if Wilson had notdone the super job he did. Me ? I am "allready" truly impressed going into the S.F. game...so, I am out in front of you.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think he played the game of his life. He disappeared in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I'll be putting a post together on that in a bit...

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think he played the game of his life. He disappeared in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I'll be putting a post together on that in a bit...

I saw the atypical Patriots half-time adjustments as sort of corralling him, but, remember, it was the second 1/2 that mattered for the win. there were many scary moments in the game (from a Defense viewpoint), I was less impressed with our Defense than usual. (lots of 10 yard gains)

Reaction score
This game was huge for the offense. Teams have to respect our ability to throw deep now, we might see them stack the box a little bit less now.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I did not see a Patriots team too far off their usual mark for pass defense, I honestly think they simply got "beat" on those routes that worked... none of which would matter if Wilson had notdone the super job he did. Me ? I am "allready" truly impressed going into the S.F. game...so, I am out in front of you.
Totally agree with you. I'm just saying that going into the game, the pats were ranked about eighth in the league against the run, and about twenty-sixth against the pass. Without a very good performance from Wilson, the hawks stood zero chance of winning that game, but the kid did it. Hope he does it against the niners this week.

I'm like forty-five thousand years old. My TV has a tube, I got no disc recordy thing to go back and watch the game again, and even my cell phone has a cord attached to it...so if you are way ahead of me, that's probably a good thing. Plus I'm fresh outta beer. Damn it!

Top Bottom