• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is it just me or....

Reaction score
Is Deon Butler taller than everyone has him listed?

_RM14134--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

He doesn't look much shorter than Greene, Curry and Reed. Hell the whole group doesn't seem much taller except Morrah and Unger.

He looks much bigger than 5'10" 182 lbs he's listed at.

Reaction score
yeah he does look a lot taller then 5' 10'' but that might be just because of the distance he is from the camera compared to the others. :?:

Reaction score
#ONE said:

He doesn't look much shorter than Greene, Curry and Reed. Hell the whole group doesn't seem much taller except Morrah and Unger.

He isn't standing up straight either, but the thing is that the difference between 6' and 5'10 is only 2 inches and that doesn't seem very noticeable at that distance.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
phaZe said:
#ONE said:

He isn't standing up straight either, but the thing is that the difference between 6' and 5'10 is only 2 inches and that doesn't seem very noticeable at that distance.

Yeah I noticed that he wasn't standing up right.

Most "short" guys will puff out their shoulders and chest so they don't look that small standing next to big guys.

His shoulders are sloutched and he looks only about an inch shorter than Greene who is listed at 6'2".

Who knows. Just kind of surprised me to see that he isn't that small, not just height either.

Reaction score
Butler seems like a good WR from what I've seen from his performance in the Mini Camp. I hope he can make the team (There is a lot of depth at the position; Kent, Payne, Obamanu, Taylor, etc.) and maybe even get the playbook down enough to play in a lot of games this season. I mean, you wouldn't draft a guy in the 3rd and not use him. I think he is the type of guy you can throw out there and just run right down the field a few times while he is learning the playbook. I bet he can out sprint a lot of defenders we will face this year. Especially if we can get him covered by a Linebacker of Safety with Housh/Burleson/Branch in a 4 WR Set. :D

Idahawk

Reaction score
Are we trying to fit the guy for a suit or what :lol: produce on the field is all I care about.....if you guys want to play dress up .....go to a 49ers forum

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Are we trying to fit the guy for a suit or what :lol: produce on the field is all I care about.....if you guys want to play dress up .....go to a 49ers forum

hahaha, nice.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:

Exactly. Who cares if a guy is 5'10" or 6', as long as hes got a 40"vert and glue for hands. I'm all good :)

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Idahawk said:

Exactly. Who cares if a guy is 5'10" or 6', as long as hes got a 40"vert and glue for hands. I'm all good :)

You're right. Larry Fitzegeralds success has NOTHING to do with him being 6'3" and able to reach over most DB's without even jumping.

Brandon Marshalls height of 6'4" has nothing to do with his success.

Nor is Calvin Johnsons (6'5") or Andre Johnsons (6'3") etc...

But that wasn't even the reason for my post.

I was just surprised at how big he looks compared to all those other 6+ foot guys after everyone complained about his size after we drafted him. That's all.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
You're right. Larry Fitzegeralds success has NOTHING to do with him being 6'3" and able to reach over most DB's without even jumping.

I was just surprised at how big he looks compared to all those other 6+ foot guys after everyone complained about his size after we drafted him. That's all.
Steve Smith is the obvious retort here.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
#ONE said:

Steve Smith is the obvious retort here.
I'd say Steve Smith as well as Bobby Engram, Wes Welker, Joey Galloway, Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings (Is emerging as a good WR for the Packers), and there are other WRs who are 5'9, 5'10 and 5'11 that are good WRs without the height that is "required" to be an NFL WR.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Again, the point of this whole point was not to debate the height of WR's...

I just wanted to post the picture, because he SEEMED taller than he is listed.

FUCK PEOPLE!

I like everyone here, but it seems like people say shit just to start arguments/debates....

Reaction score
Idahawk said:

zing :D

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE said:

FUCK PEOPLE!

I like everyone here, but it seems like people say shit just to start arguments/debates....

Well what do you want? Everyone just to say, "Yup." to everything you post? We debate and argue. That is what we do here! :D

Reaction score
#ONE said:

FUCK PEOPLE!

It is all in good fun, we don't mean to offend anyone, but we are all for healthy debate. That comes with being a Seahawk fan. We know how it feels like with no one agreeing with us, so we know how to defend our points. It would be boring if there was no one to argue with. We are all Seahawk fans, thats what it all comes down to.

Idahawk

Reaction score
#ONE said:

FUCK PEOPLE!

I disagree with you....and your mama wears combat boots :p

Top Bottom