• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MVP of BQBL or new franchise QB

What!

• He is improving.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The Falcons can't defend.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • He'll be crushed next week in NYG

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • These polls are annoying...

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I know your answers, but I wanted to get a stats post for the falcons game and compare that to our expectations...

"After his third-quarter pick-six to Lardarius Webb, Sanchez was suddenly responsible for three touchdowns for the wrong team. We might never see a BQBL (Bad Quarter Back League) performance like this again, or at least not until Week 10, when the Ravens defense heads to Seattle and lines up across from BQBL MVP favorite Tarvaris Jackson."
From Grantland

From his stats:
Rating of 96.3 for ATL and 80 for the year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9650/tarvaris-jackson

So are his numbers improving, inflated by bad defenses in a pass happy league, or about to be corrected in another NYG beatdown?

Reaction score
He's improving in part because we were using the hurry up. The Falcons pass defense isn't very good AND he'll get crushed by the giants pass rush.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hes improving, the line is to, and yeah, he's gonna eat turf on Sunday! 10 pt . Underdogs, no respect.

OP
twelvewins

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I like this, but I also kind of disagree. Right now the highlight of the year is the hit on Rapistburger. After that I have respected the defense. The near comeback last week is growing my respect for the offense now. Vegas didn't make that line about respect, they want a number so big jets and eagles fans will bet it. The line is just about getting both sides to wager. I say we cover, 20 - 12.

Reaction score
If the Seahawks run the no huddle ducks-style the rest of the year... they can win 6 more games...

The defense needs to play with the same intensity in the first half as they play in the second...

I don't know how or why Jackson seems to be improving.... idk if it's the bad defenses he's been playing. idk... not gonna jump on this band wagon. I don't think we'll be in the Luck sweepstakes anymore, so I am really pulling for Barkley now. Him or Kellen Moore ; p

Reaction score
The one thing Jackson did last week we haven't seen is he's taking shots down field. Although they were thrown late on a few occasions which resulted in big hits.

Reaction score
I don't blame Jackson for all of those. Like Miller for example. He should have held onto that. No excuses

Reaction score
Dude, he got rocked... And he didn't have much time to secure that ball. If Jackson gets him that ball at say the 5 yard line instead of on the goal line he catches it. Jackson is really bad at anticipating his receivers breaking free, he throws the ball AFTER they break free and then people get hit hard.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Id agree with bob, but what i saw from tjack last week in the first half was throwing behind the recievers and throwing late in the route, tho he looked better in the pocket, needs to anticipate better. He does have a nice deep ball which i love to see, and hes pretty accurate with it too, even though he overthrew miller? On the flag route. Then in the second half he looked much better, made great reads, throws, no huddle was really working, and i heard he was even callin some plays. Like pc said they might have found something there.

Reaction score
"He got rocked, and the ball rolled"... Ok, Chris Collinsworth. I agree he's late on his delivery sometimes.... a lot of times. But if the QB throws you the ball, its catchable, and you catch it.... you BETTER fucking hold onto it. You're a grown ass man that makes almost $7 mil/a year. Earn your money. He needs to anticipate the hit and hold onto the ball.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Can I get a Chris Bermen "WHOOOP!" yeah he got rocked and the ball shot out a there, got to hang on to those, think that turned into a FG too theres are win right there.

Reaction score
Eh, maybe he should have held on to it, but that's a pretty tall order. Moe importantly is Tjack doesn't stop leading guys into big hits they're going to get hurt.

I also pin that first INT on Tjack even though it was deflected. He threw it low where the defender could get a hand on it... When you're throwing to Williams you throw it away from the defender, where he has to reach out and catch the ball. Tjack has to trust Williams to make a play.

Reaction score
Again, professional TE, makes a lot of $$$. His job is to block and catch passes. That is it!!! He isn't guaranteed perfect passes every time. Tony Gonzales tipped a high pass to himself on a critical 3rd down... that wasn't a perfectly thrown ball by any means but he pulled it in. He earned his money on that play.

Now I am not defending Jackson, and his shitty pass either. He is just as responsible for that play as Miller. But it doesn't excuse Miller either.

I don't remember, was there a penalty on that play?? Seems like we got the ball right back and Marshawn ran it in for a TD shortly after.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Eh, maybe he should have held on to it, but that's a pretty tall order. Moe importantly is Tjack doesn't stop leading guys into big hits they're going to get hurt.

I also pin that first INT on Tjack even though it was deflected. He threw it low where the defender could get a hand on it... When you're throwing to Williams you throw it away from the defender, where he has to reach out and catch the ball. Tjack has to trust Williams to make a play.

It was like catch, step, step, then hit. If it were baseball, Miller gets the error.

But didnt matter really, #One, your right, we scored only TD's in that game (28 points) which is a nice change.
Rice on bomb
Lynch on run
Obo in corner
Mike Williams 6 yard

Reaction score
He got hit before the second foot came down... I remember paying attention to that because he broke the plane before he got hit.

I'm not as worried about the big hits on Miller as I am about Baldwin... TEs take a lot of big hits, Baldwin got hit hard twice, he's too small to be taking shots like that.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree about Baldwin.. but if you're gonna make a living going across the middle on 3rd downs... better get used to getting smacked.

Also, on the Miller play I was a bit confused. Should that have been a TD? Like you said Bob, he crossed the plain... how does that work? Wears Mike Pereira when you need him??

Reaction score
Yeah I agree about Baldwin.. but if you're gonna make a living going across the middle on 3rd downs... better get used to getting smacked.

Also, on the Miller play I was a bit confused. Should that have been a TD? Like you said Bob, he crossed the plain... how does that work? Wears Mike Pereira when you need him??

The ball came out before he got his second foot down. Even if he did, I don't think they would have ruled it a catch.

Top Bottom