• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Gameday Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks - 12/24: Week 16

Reaction score
49ers (11-3) @ Seahawks (7-7)
» Regular Season - Week 16

Date: December 24th, 2011
Time: 1:15pm PT
Network: FOX
Game Buzz Comic: Click Here

Discuss below.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Patrick Willis and Ted Ginn are inactive. That should increase the Seahawks odds.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Beast of a game. I'm almost glad I was stuck @work watching what I could on red zone. Very happy to see Lynch get his td, and his 100 yards. Since the team is obviously rebuilding I didn't mind the loss as much as normal.

Nevertheless it would have been nice to have a 49er fan nearby to kick the crap out of after the game. My hatred of the whiners is percolating again, and I look forward to cheering the early post season demise. I doubt they'll last long kicking field goals against gb, new Orleans, Detroit, or Atlanta.

Reaction score
Honestly... I think we have a stingier defense than all of those teams, so they probably won't be held the FGs... But GB's and NO's offenses are out of this world, I actually think the Saints have the tougher offense to defend just because of Sproles.

Reaction score
Damn that was a fun game to watch, but that fumble when we were so close to FG range was hard to swallow. I respect TJack for the things he has done for this team during this transitional year, but I think we need the final puzzle piece and that is a true franchise QB. Since Barkley isn't coming out, and Luck will be long gone, I think we need to sign Matt Flynn.

Reaction score
Oh and how the hell did we give up 178 yards on the ground?? That coupled with the TJack fumble were the main reasons we lost this game. Have to stop the run, have to get off the field. Still stings....

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Right on the money one, we held them to field goals, but they ran all over us. 40 attempts with over 4 yards per. Not going to win with that. Some of that is the offensive settling for punts, but defense could be better. I'm thinking we start portis next week, I'm sure tjack has some injury we can claim to make him b/u next week. Winning in Arizona hurts us and portis can use the experience.

Reaction score
Don't forget about their secondary, they had our receivers locked down the entire second half. They're the reason Jackson tried to make something hapen there.

Their offensive line destroyed us... Smiith had all day.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not trying to take anything away from the whiners. It was a real close game and the team that turned the ball over lost. Totally understandable.

What I'm saying is what would be the point of starting tjack next week?

If he is the starter for next season, he's done enough already to earn that so rest him and let him watch a game/week and not be exposed to an injury in a meaningless game.

If he is out as starter, he won't do anything in the final game to change anyone's mind about it, so let portis get a start and some experience.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Damn that was a fun game to watch, but that fumble when we were so close to FG range was hard to swallow. I respect TJack for the things he has done for this team during this transitional year, but I think we need the final puzzle piece and that is a true franchise QB. Since Barkley isn't coming out, and Luck will be long gone, I think we need to sign Matt Flynn.

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH........:coffee:

I'm with you, One. So flippin' close. Unlike most of those here I actually thought we could WIN this. And we almost did. We should have. The first half was playoff caliber, especially each first drive (ours and theirs).

At least we ended SF's stupid records (two down in one game by one guy--couldn't ask for better for Beast Mode!...and no, I won't abbreviate it "BM.")

But for Heaven's sake, the next time Jackson does an impression of Dave Krieg, please let it be one of the latter's last-second TD passes instead!!

TUCK the ball in or Get Rid Of It.

(So damn close.......) :confused:

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Bru, remember Dave Krieg's nickname for holding the ball out there for some guy in the stands to knock the ball away, and then throw it accross his belt line? "Mud Bone"..LOL

Top Bottom