• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Gameday Thread: Seahawks @ 49ers - 9/11: Week 1 (LOSS 33-17)

Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
In the 'good ol' days', Detroit came to town and was down 35-0 at halftime in Seattle. They were the worst team in the league and we were the good and at home, so we took it to them. I remember the score, vaguely, because I had the habit at the time of drinking a shot of 7 for every touchdown. I had even gone to the length of getting an attractive Seahawks' shot glass for the ceremony. I don't recall the second half.

I thought about this game when looking at the schedule for next week, when we go to Pittsburgh. After a tough practice they will be angry, and we will be nervous. Well, Tav will be nervous. I'm hoping it's available on the internet, that way I won't spend all night trying to find the play-by-play and all the recaps.

Idahawk

Reaction score
First thing you solidify when you are in a rebuilding stage are the lines. Bring in a young QB with a young line and you end up with David Carr. Luck and and Barkley seem to be pretty much NFL ready, especially Luck. Give the O-line a season to gel, we should be bad enough to get one of them this year with the QBs we're stuck with. When I look at this team I see a lot more talent than we've had in a while, albeit raw talent.

Were drafting a QB with or without this line gelling . A new QB has to take his lumps and its how he deals with it that makes or breaks him. If we were planning the lost season why not get a guy and roll with it . I would be much happier with Portis at QB. TJ has had his shot with 2 teams now and nothing has changed with his play.

We all know TJ is a mistake . Its sending the wrong message to the team and the fans.

Reaction score
Maybe it won't be too bad if he's lined up on the right side (offensive left)... Okung manhandled Peppers last year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Think Harrison is a Sam LB, so against our RT/TE.

For some reason Im not that upset about this loss. Our O sucked the first half but our D-Fense held SF to 3 and outs and FG's only. Then in the second half, I got to say, TJ didnt... look... that ... bad. (and im not a fan). And our running game picked up alittle bit. We were in this game until our ST completely sucked ass. Im not saying that we were good, just that I saw a glimmer of improvement with our offense.

However Pitsburg is going to beat us like a rented mule. This schedule is brutal!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I watched the entire game...Invested over two hours of my life! First time in SF franchise history they scored TDs running back a punt and kick in the same game. History was made--again at the Hawks' expense! This is like watching the Lions when I was a kid. (Tom Dempsey, anyone?)

Seriously, the D hung in there and we could have won if it weren't for the Special Ed Teams. Was the ST coach (I blocked out his name on purpose) fired or at least publicly humiliated? I blame him more than the players. You do not come back and tie just to get blown out in two kicks.

This week could be ugly...Well, it's always ugly playing the Stealers, but this time it's more than their players!

Really, ST needs an overhaul or voodoo or something.

Top Bottom