• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers vs. Seahawks Pre-game Poll

Who's gonna win this one?

• Seattle runs away with it (15 points or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GB win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I take shots at Wilson for one reason...Wilson fanboys can't let their boy get any kinda ripped..

There are like two Wilson fanboys here. And at the end of the day, they have the winning card anyways: their guy is starting and yours isn't.

See us defending every little thing about Flynn? I've said, Wilson throws the ball FARTHER doesn't mean he has a better arm but I gave him that...Wilsonites make it sound like Levi's Jesus is the greatest thing ever..

I don't really hear you say anything about Flynn other than he broke Packers records. It's hard to defend a guy that doesn't ever see the field...

A lot are the same folk who called Matty Hass washed up and called for Chuckles...hahaha..And I "don't know QBs"...

Not here. Again, there are only probably two people that I would say are Wilson fanboys. And I know for a fact that one of them, who resides in Idaho, hated Whitehurst.

Again, I'm just tired of seemingly pure hatred against Wilson just to hate Wilson. That's all I'm really seeing. No objectivity. And you know me, I have a big problem with no objectivity.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
If Peyton wouldn't have been on the market, Flynn would have been the biggest QB story of the off season. There was a lot of expectation and hype. When Seattle signed him you could hear the "sigh" escape from the Northwest. Finally Seattle had a legitimate hope at the QB position. When Wilson was drafted initially I thought it was a wasted pick. We got a QB, we need an Oline I said.

When PC named Wilson the starter we all assumed PC must have seen something pretty awesome to justify the decision. Of course, most of us only had preseason games to base our thoughts and while he did do well in them nothing told me he was better than Flynn. Now, after 2 regular season games

First of all you can't look past his height (well I guess you could if you are 5'11). And yes, he finds ways to overcome, but do we really want that from your QB? So far I don't see anything really special about Wilson. He is better than TJ but I don't think he will ever be an Elite QB in the NFL. His decision making has been really good, but again he wouldn't even need that as much if he was taller.

You can't help but look to Vick (who is slightly taller at 6 feet) as a comparison and many believe Vick is more athletic than Wilson.

Is Wilson enough for us to find success? Maybe.

I don't care for maybes much and don't blame fans for wanting to know what Flynn is really all about before we go all in with maybe.

So what do Badger fans think? 50% think he will be a solid starter after a few years. 13% eventually be a probowler, 5% Hall of Fame. Sounds like a maybe.

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/0...s-is-well/landing_badgers.html?blockID=735138

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
As far as MNF, Our Oline seems to be getting it together but has to contain the Sack Leading Packers. The D needs to dial up some heat on Rodgers.

If Wilson's play is adequate and the Packers don't bring thier best we will win. Special teams have been a source of ignition for the 12th man so hopefully another early big play will get the party started.

S

Seattlehawk94

He reminds me of Marcus Tuisasoso...

Average QB running QB, small...Same exact player..

S

Seattlehawk94

Green Bay DBs love to jump routes..He throws 3 picks tonight..

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I've been officially ostracized for my own recklessness. Thanks for voting this week. Enjoy the game!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If Peyton wouldn't have been on the market, Flynn would have been the biggest QB story of the off season. There was a lot of expectation and hype. When Seattle signed him you could hear the "sigh" escape from the Northwest. Finally Seattle had a legitimate hope at the QB position. When Wilson was drafted initially I thought it was a wasted pick. We got a QB, we need an Oline I said.

When PC named Wilson the starter we all assumed PC must have seen something pretty awesome to justify the decision. Of course, most of us only had preseason games to base our thoughts and while he did do well in them nothing told me he was better than Flynn. Now, after 2 regular season games

First of all you can't look past his height (well I guess you could if you are 5'11). And yes, he finds ways to overcome, but do we really want that from your QB? So far I don't see anything really special about Wilson. He is better than TJ but I don't think he will ever be an Elite QB in the NFL. His decision making has been really good, but again he wouldn't even need that as much if he was taller.

You can't help but look to Vick (who is slightly taller at 6 feet) as a comparison and many believe Vick is more athletic than Wilson.

Is Wilson enough for us to find success? Maybe.

I don't care for maybes much and don't blame fans for wanting to know what Flynn is really all about before we go all in with maybe.

So what do Badger fans think? 50% think he will be a solid starter after a few years. 13% eventually be a probowler, 5% Hall of Fame. Sounds like a maybe.

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/0...s-is-well/landing_badgers.html?blockID=735138

Keyword in your first paragraph is hype. And the Peyton Manning excuse is just that. Guess what? Peyton Manning could only go to one team. That means every other team that was interested in him did not sign him, also did not care about Flynn. His own former OC even opted to go with Tannehill over Flynn.

You say you don't care for maybes. But that's all Flynn is, too. A maybe.

And I hate to break it to you, but every draft pick, every free agent signing, every game, every play is a maybe.

Reaction score
This is the only part I disagree with. If you remember, in trainings Flynn always beat Wilson. But in the preseason Wilson shined when he played against the 2nd, 3rd stringers and Flynn played against the 1st. And then Wilson had that one (1) great preseason game against the weak KC. We havent seen anything like that from him anywhere else and that game pretty much guaranteed Wilson the starting job.

To me it looked like a hasty and risky decision, which was an indication towards this season still being a part of the rebuilding phase. I dont think it was a "level playing field" or that Wilson looked better than Flynn. I think Flynn looked more steady and seemed to read the defenses better. Wilson just had greater flashes for chunk plays.

As a person Wilson seems precocious with his suit and the ever so forced talk about god, which I dont care for so much. But that is nothing that would stop me from developing a carrollesque mancrush on him if he performs well on the field :D

Anyway, the decision was made, it would be madness to change it now and although I disagreed with Carroll on the decision when it was made, I hope he was right and that Wilson thanks Pete for his trust by not letting this team down. I think he has elite QB potential, but I also think Flynn would bring more success right now.

I will. Concede that that KC defense looks bad. They aren't the same defense they've been in recent years. But the decision wasn't solely based on preseason games, they had mini-camp and training camp to look at. Some have said maybe Flynn's injury was legit and that possibly played a factor

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You say you don't care for maybes. But that's all Flynn is, too. A maybe.

And I hate to break it to you, but every draft pick, every free agent signing, every game, every play is a maybe.

Dude, you completly got off track. If it is all maybe then why does it matter who plays?

Cut and dry, if you had never seen either Flynn or Wilson before and you have to pick one to be your QB. Who you gonna pick?

Reality check: Vick is taller and more athletic and look what he has done. Do you really expect Wilson to achieve more than Vick? I think it is pretty clear what we are going to get from Wilson.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I will. Concede that that KC defense looks bad. They aren't the same defense they've been in recent years. But the decision wasn't solely based on preseason games, they had mini-camp and training camp to look at. Some have said maybe Flynn's injury was legit and that possibly played a factor

In mini camp and training camp Flynn was winning the job according to pretty much all reports. My point being, the decision on Wilson was based largely on preseason.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude, you completly got off track. If it is all maybe then why does it matter who plays?

Your double logic is mind boggling. Do you talk to yourself, too? That was my point. It doesn't matter much because not much, if anything, separates Wilson and Flynn. But you apparently seem to think Flynn is the second coming of Elway or something which is as bad as the people that think Wilson is some sort of franchise savior.

Cut and dry, if you had never seen either Flynn or Wilson before and you have to pick one to be your QB. Who you gonna pick?

Maybe the dumbest question I have ever heard in my life. Why don't I stand in there, too? Because obviously at this point you are looking to judge solely on height and I am taller than Flynn. So I guess I should be the Seahawks starting QB?

Reality check: Vick is taller and more athletic and look what he has done. Do you really expect Wilson to achieve more than Vick? I think it is pretty clear what we are going to get from Wilson.

Vick is also stupid and lacks apparently lacks intangibles. I expect a smart, less athletically gifted QB to have more success than Vick.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't talk to myself, his name is Harvey.

Alright 18, where do you stand? I agree with you, there doesn't seem to be much separating Flynn and Wilson. So if they are both equally good I'd go with the taller one, wouldn't you?

Now, why is that a dumb question to ask? I'm hoping your answer is "because the choice is totally obvious and you'd have to be crazy to take the shorter one".

And yeah, I'd probibly pick you over Wilson because QB's should at least be as tall as the line.

Wilson does have a Huge advantage over Vick when it comes to intellegence.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
My stance is what it always has been.

1. I was never super impressed with Flynn.
  2. I was disappointed when Flynn could not do better than Wilson in the preseason. Don't give me that bs that it is only the preseason. The fact is, Flynn and Wilson were working with the same tools and Wilson was better. Going off that, I supported Wilson, but was always open to Flynn taking over if Wilson started costing us victories.
  3. I expected Wilson to struggle because he is a rookie.
This was all pretty well documented.

But I am starting to trend a little bit toward wanting to see Flynn. Wilson really has not progressed much and I'm not sure if the 100% predictable play calling last night was because of that or if Wilson hasn't progressed because of the play calling. But when the defense puts up a lights out performance like they did in the first half, I expect the offense, regardless of who is running it, to do better than 7 points.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Nothing to debate, I'm riding the same bus but have been sitting a little closer to Flynn.

The problem is what it will take for us to see Flynn and how much time it will take for him to come up to speed. Not that I really believe PC is going to bench Wilson unless we go on a 3 or 4 game losing skid. I expect PC to be toting Wilson as a hero right now.

I have no idea how good/bad Flynn really is but I think he would have given us more than 7. I hate to see the Defense work so hard to get the offense on the field just to go 3 and out.

It is particularly tough to see the D get turnovers and the offense not turn it into points.

Top Bottom