• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Position by Position, Tell me what you think

Chuck Patrick

Huddler
Reaction score
MATCHUP

QB DEN (CLOSER THAN ONE THINKS, AS THE LEGS OF RUSSELL COULD FACTOR)
RB SEA
REC DEN
O-LINE SEA
D-LINE SEA
BACKERS SEA
SECONDARY THIS ONE'S A JOKE (HAWKS)
SPECIAL TEAMS SEA
COACHING PUSH

I'VE GOT THE HAWKS 6-2-1 DENVER -3 ON A NEUTRAL FIELD, IN THE COLD

SEND ME YOUR OPINION

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
That's about right...it's going to be interested how this matchup works out.

Reaction score
O-line is pretty close, so is special teams with Holliday and Prater. Could easily call those pushes as well.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
O-line I'd have to give the edge to Denver if the playoffs are any indication, at least as far as pass protection goes. Teams haven't been getting pressure on Manning very much. Pass protection might be the Hawks' biggest weakness.
Other than that, I gotta agree with everything else.
Harvin gives the Hawks a huge boost in the return game which could be a significant factor especially since the Hawks already routinely win the field position battle with their return coverage. He'll help with field position if he gets a chance to return kicks.
Run defense is surprisingly about dead even statistically but the pass rush definitely favors the Hawks without Von Miller. Denver's run D stats are a little deceptive since most teams playing catch up have had to abandon the run game against them but they are still pretty solid. They will make the Hawks work a bit to get Lynch going.

I definitely agree about Wilson. At first glance it looks like a Godzilla vs Bambi matchup in the passing game but I think Wilson could go off in this game. 250 at least. There was once a time when 250 yards for Wilson wasn't considered "going off" but it is now. But I think he can hit that easy in this game. 250+ and 50 more on the ground. He'll be buying time with his legs and it'll spring the WRs loose. If he can go off for 385/60 against Atlanta last year he could easily go 250/50 in this one, or maybe better.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Well personally I like my wife on top because I'm getting lazy.:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
NO, @SF, @NYG (#8 ranked defense believe it or not), AZ, STL, NO, SF. Those are our last 7 games, those defenses are all significantly better than Denver's.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
NO, @SF, @NYG (#8 ranked defense believe it or not), AZ, STL, NO, SF. Those are our last 7 games, those defenses are all significantly better than Denver's.

This is why I don't think that our Offense is being properly gauged going up against Denver. Denver's offense is well known...but the defense has allowed 399 points to be scored during the regular season. Seattle has allowed only 231, that difference of 168 is huge. The offense had to score a ton of points to win.

It will be very interesting how much the lack of defense will affect the productivity of our Offense.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Yeah its like talking about your muscle car….when its up on blocks with no engine and has an interior by Mike and the boys.;)

Except our muscle car has been OVERHAULED by Chip Foose and it will be unveiled February 2nd!

Reaction score
Nah, it's more like a muscle car with a cracked windshield. You can drive it, but it's against the rules... The windshield is fine now though.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Nah, it's more like a muscle car with a cracked windshield. You can drive it, but it's against the rules... The windshield is fine now though.

It's like the car was missing and did poorly in the quarter mile so we replaced the motor and shelved the car until we got into Daytona.

"I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect."

Day's of Thunder!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I haven't seen alot of Denver's Oline but they seem to be protecting Payton pretty well.
I give Denver the edge there, otherwise:

RB = SEA
TE = Draw
WR = Den
QB = Den

On defense we run the table on them! They are worst at defending the pass, they have some strength up front in the middle but otherwise we should be able to score 4+ td's on this D.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
TE draw? That's high praise for Zach and Luke Wilson since I think JT was 2nd in the league behind Graham in yards and TDs.

And what did "My name is Jimmy" do against us?

You have a good point, I thought I would add TE's because it is a good discussion.

While JT is an amazing receiving TE, he was one of Paytons top targets; I think you have to give Zack some credit for his blocking ability and what he does for the hawks run game. I also think Luke will have a bigger game, ive heard he has been playing hurt but may be ready to go for the SB.

Top Bottom