• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Russell cut

Granderson28

Huddler
Reaction score
nfl.com says we cut him, which means we enter the season with an inexperienced Safety. I am glad though he cant tackle or make plays on the ball, which doesn't leave much else. so who do you think will start? wallace?

*edit* I guess we plan on signing lawyer milloy, never saw that coming

Reaction score
From looking at Milloy's stats, he seems to know how to tackle. He has 759 tackles in 13 seasons.

Reaction score
Milloy know Mora's defensive schemes. He's played against the Bucs (Our D coordinator's former team) twice a year with the Saints so he's familiar with what Gus runs. He's also a hometown boy that could use this to resurrect his final NFL run. He'll want to win for this city and orginization I like the signing.

Reaction score
i like the signing.....and he might be old but he is a better than bryan russel still...an upgrade is an upgrade no matter the size

Uncle Tomahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
If theres one thing Ive been saying since the beginning of last year itd be, good god can we please cut russell and jennings.

1 down, thank you jesus, and I'm not too worried about jennings even though my mom could burn his ass on a deep route.

Like the signing too, got a feeling our secondary might be decent this year but im hoping better than decent.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Milloy know Mora's defensive schemes. He's played against the Bucs (Our D coordinator's former team) twice a year with the Saints so he's familiar with what Gus runs. He's also a hometown boy that could use this to resurrect his final NFL run. He'll want to win for this city and orginization I like the signing.

Milloy brings a presence and some leadership that we need in this secondary at this time. Me Likey

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Leadership...and 4 time Pro Bowler...cutting Russell and bringing in a 4 time Pro Bowler is a no brainer...granted it's been awhile since he was selected Pro Bowler, still can't go anywhere but up from Russell...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I liked russell but this is an upgrade, Miloy has consistantly had 90+ tackles a season.

Im not a Jennings fan, but he is looking better so far. He is a pure cover corner, I just hope he has improved. He was decent his second year, last year was banged up.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Yeah and Milloy will sport the No. 36 jersey.

36 has an interesting stat. It was Bennie Blades and Merton Hanks number, both of whom played in Seattle at the end of their careers, Blades ended his career with us and I think Hanks did too. If that's
true, then Milloy will be the trifecta! All three safeties at that.

The most notable to wear 36 for us was a good RB, Lamar Smith who was stuck behind Chris Warren and eventually left and started for KC. I remember it really pissed me off when we lost him because it was to the stinkin Chiefs our division rival.

Reaction score
Hanks in fact did end his NFL career with us.

Smith on the other hand didn't play for KC he went to the Saints. A lot of people don't know but the true reason he left Seattle had more to do with the demons he dealt with after his accident that paralyzed Mike Frier his Seahawk teammate. After New Orleans he went to the Panthers then Miami and retired a Saint.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Hanks in fact did end his NFL career with us.

Smith on the other hand didn't play for KC he went to the Saints. A lot of people don't know but the true reason he left Seattle had more to do with the demons he dealt with after his accident that paralyzed Mike Frier his Seahawk teammate. After New Orleans he went to the Panthers then Miami and retired a Saint.

You're right! I don't know how I had it in my head that he went to KC! And that brought back alot of memories because I forgot about that car wreck and what happened to Mike Frier. Thank you for correcting me on this, I appreciate that! What about Bennie Blades? I believe he ended his career with the 'Hawks too.

S

Seattlehawk94

Hanks was on the 1999 team and had an INT return for a TD vs Pissburgh in a win at Three Rivers. Didn't do the chicken dance though....Kind of a letdown if you ask me..That's the game Charlie Rogers took a punt back for a Seahawks record 88 yards and a TD.

And yes, Bennie's career ended here in 1997 after a neck injury that doctors advised him to retire. Bennie's son H.B. Blades is a current member of the Washington Redskins..

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Hanks was on the 1999 team and had an INT return for a TD vs Pissburgh in a win at Three Rivers. Didn't do the chicken dance though....Kind of a letdown if you ask me..That's the game Charlie Rogers took a punt back for a Seahawks record 88 yards and a TD.

And yes, Bennie's career ended here in 1997 after a neck injury that doctors advised him to retire. Bennie's son H.B. Blades is a current member of the Washington Redskins..

LOL yeah, who could forget his chicken dance :D his neck looked like it was made out of rubber :lol:
Thanks for the info on Blades, he was actually a stud hitter, I always wished we had gotten him when he was younger.

Top Bottom