• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seneca Wallace to the Browns

tapupartforpres

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey Seattle fans, new here. Just wanted to get some insight on Mr Wallace in terms of play. I have read a couple places that many of you Seahawk fans think he could of been the best backup in the NFL. Reports are in that he has been traded to my Browns. Thanks!

Reaction score
Yes we have traded Seneca to the Browns for an undisclosed pick in the 2011 Draft. Basically that means if Wallace plays a certain amount or performs to an agreeable status on the two sides will decide what pick we get. I would be surprised if he starts over Quinn, but he does know Holmgren's system and is a Holmgren guy. Wallace won't put up 300+ yards a game, but I always thought he was smart with the ball and gave us a good chance to win. I didn't see that this year. Maybe Mora's offense effected him so maybe reuniting with Holmgren and his offense is all good.

OP
T

tapupartforpres

Huddler
Reaction score
I see that

he's only 5-11? He had a pretty good year in 08-09 I see. Maybe him and Cribbs might be heading something up? Anymore insight?

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Still think that he is wasting his ability. If He would just sack up and play WR, I think he would be a top 3 WR in the league. The guys is a great athlete, but does not have the head, to be a great QB. Good luck in Cleveland Seneca!

Reaction score
Hawk096;45854 said:
Yes we have traded Seneca to the Browns for an undisclosed pick in the 2011 Draft. Basically that means if Wallace plays a certain amount or performs to an agreeable status on the two sides will decide what pick we get. I would be surprised if he starts over Quinn, but he does know Holmgren's system and is a Holmgren guy. Wallace won't put up 300+ yards a game, but I always thought he was smart with the ball and gave us a good chance to win. I didn't see that this year. Maybe Mora's offense effected him so maybe reuniting with Holmgren and his offense is all good.

I was under the impression that no one knows what they traded for according to adam Schefter on twitter.. i hope its a pick in this draft i dont want to wait a year to get use out of this trade.

Reaction score
He knows Holmgren's offense which is why he is going there. He will be the starter for 2010. Under Mora he wasn't that great, but under Holmgren he will be decent.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He would not be a top 3 WR. Don't be fooled into thinking that for a second. He was a really good back up in Holmgren's offense. He was awful in whatever offense the Seahawks ran last year.

Reaction score
Number 18;45861 said:
He would not be a top 3 WR. Don't be fooled into thinking that for a second. He was a really good back up in Holmgren's offense. He was awful in whatever offense the Seahawks ran last year.
I agree. I really hope he gets a chance to be a starting QB. I know Holmgren wanted that for him and Hasselbeck as well.

Reaction score
phaZe;45860 said:
He knows Holmgren's offense which is why he is going there. He will be the starter for 2010. Under Mora he wasn't that great, but under Holmgren he will be decent.

phaZe, why do you think they're going to run Holmy's offense, when he's on the F.O. and not on the sideline?

themanualbuzzer

Huddler
Reaction score
Farewell Senecat

I suppose this means the end of the Senecat. Now who are we going to get to run out of bounds for negative yardage?

That said, I'll root for him to get the starting job in Cleveland and maybe get the Browns to a respectable record.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I was at that game. When Seneca played a few plays against the Texans I nearly ripped out my hair.

First play was a run out of bounds for negative yards instead of throwing the ball away. The second was a drop back for major yardage where he intentional grounded the ball while still inside the tackles.

Man I was furious, Seneca is smarter than that, but apparently not that day.

Reaction score
pottsie;45865 said:
phaze, why do you think they're going to run holmy's offense, when he's on the f.o. And not on the sideline?

Saw it on online a couple days ago, ESPN mentioned it today:

espn said:
Wallace, shipped to the Browns in a trade Monday, will give Cleveland a quarterback with six years of experience in Mike Holmgren's offense. Holmgren is the Browns' president, not their head coach, but he has brought his offense to Cleveland, complete with former Seattle coordinator Gil Haskell.

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
This trade to me, on the surface, looks like the opening Tim Tebow was needing. I am getting a nagging feeling in my stomach that if we keep the 40th pick in the draft that Tebow will be it.

Reaction score
Tebow is not coming here. He is not worth the 40th pick unless you wanna be the NFL laughing stock. People need to drop the man crush on this guy.

Reaction score
This trade gets rid of dead weight a few million dollars. Our QB situation just got better. Teel goes to 2 a FA comes in to fill the 3rd and you wait for next season for a better QB. Wallace was the most OVERRATED fan favorite ever on this team.

Bigtexhawk;45878 said:
This trade to me, on the surface, looks like the opening Tim Tebow was needing. I am getting a nagging feeling in my stomach that if we keep the 40th pick in the draft that Tebow will be it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Teel goes to 2. LMAO. Teel SUCKS. A total development project. There are far better veteran QBs out there. And far better QBs in the draft.

Top Bottom