• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seriosly?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Hasn't been that way the last few years. No team's fans have travelled better than the 12s.

No team travels "far better" than Seahawk fans. There's no such thing right now. But even if it was, it wouldn't matter. The whole stupid "Seahawks suck on the road" BS left the station back in 2012. From the 2nd half of 2012 on there hasn't been a better road team in the league than the Seahawks. And this being a neutral field, it really doesn't apply anyway. The reason all those dumbass football fans are still stuck on that misconception is because the Seahawks aren't as good on the road as they are at home. Well, when you think about it though, NO team is as good on the road as the Seahawks are at home. There's a bigger disparity there, but the disparity lies not because they are bad on the road, it's because they are that good at home.
That's the reason everyone thought the Seahawks wouldn't have a chance in last year's Super Bowl. They aren't playing at home so they will suck. This team loves blowing misconceptions like that out of the water.

Your team in your words "loves blowing". So apropos.:roflmao:

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I really don't think it matters. Although they have a better home record this year, their best games this year have been on the road. @SF, @AZ and @Philly. And some of their worst games have been at home. Dallas game, Oakland and this last one come to mind.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
If Seattle is at a disadvantage in Arizona it would be because the weather is likely to be good. Apparently the Pats have unorthodox methods to compete in cold weather while the Seahawks just leverage their superior defense.

OP
seahawkblitz

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Can't wait for the game to get here! Got my plane tickets today. I'm off to Arizona nest Thursday!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey huddlers!

Was at the GB game too, its hard to say it was the G-GOAT (Greatest game of all time). But it was the most miraculous with out a doubt!

Off to Az to play NE for the re-pete! Kind of odd two bad weather teams going to play in these pristine conditions.
And.. count me out of the popular opinion that this will be anything like last superbowl with Denver. NE is a complete team. They have a good o-line and running game, and their defense (ranked 8th) shut down Andrew Luck.

I have no illusions, this will be tough matchup!

OP
seahawkblitz

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll try and get some pics for sure. Don't have game tix yet. Hoping prices come down and we can get them right before we leave. Last year when the tickets got affordable it was too late to get a flight. Decided not to sit around and watch it happen again. Hopefully it all works out.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hey huddlers!

Was at the GB game too, its hard to say it was the G-GOAT (Greatest game of all time). But it was the most miraculous with out a doubt!

Off to Az to play NE for the re-pete! Kind of odd two bad weather teams going to play in these pristine conditions.
And.. count me out of the popular opinion that this will be anything like last superbowl with Denver. NE is a complete team. They have a good o-line and running game, and their defense (ranked 8th) shut down Andrew Luck.

I have no illusions, this will be tough matchup!

Odds are Wilson is not going to throw 4 ints in back to back to games , it can only get better :)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Odds are Wilson is not going to throw 4 ints in back to back to games , it can only get better :)
Seahawks have five turnovers and the top scoring offense in the league only had 22 points to show for it is a pretty darn good sign.
I think Wilson's got the intangibles to put that game behind him and bounce back. In a way he already has. Once the Packers took their collective foot off the throat of the Seahawks, there was no stopping them. That throw that ended the game confirmed that the rest of the game was just an anomaly. And the fact that he audibled out of the designed play against the Cover Zero showed that Wilson was back to reading defenses at a high level and was on top of it, almost like he woke up from a long slumber at about the 3:30 mark of regulation.

OP
seahawkblitz

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, I made it to Glendale, but wasn't able to score a game ticket, I brought all the $ I had, but only had about 1/2 of what it would have taken to get in there. Was pretty disappointed that I didn't get to go to the game at 1st, but overall stil had a pretty fun trip (at least until the game ended). the whole Super Bowl Central in downtown was pretty amazing, lots of Hawk fans running around, most of which were hoping to get lucky on a ticket like me. Went to the rally at Chase field, where they had a lot of old school Hawks players take the stage and even good old Paul Allen gave a little speech. My friend that I travelled with wound up getting tix for him and his 2 daughters about 3 hrs before the game, but there were only 3, so i was odd man out and since I had to take him to the stadium, I watched the game at Mcfaddens in West Gate. Was a pretty cool place but massively overcrowded with a mixed crowd of fans from both teams. Us Hawk fans did have them outnumbered pretty heavy though. Got in there and buddied up with some other hawk fans and enjoyed watching the game, was convinced like everyone else that we had the game won after the amazing circus catch by Kearse, then you all know what happened next. But all in all it was a good experience and i hope that the home team makes it back to the big game so i have another opportunity to go again. So for now, although my heart is broken, my spirit is not. We'll be back!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
What was the lowest price available for a ticket on the ground in Glendale before the game? Price after the game started? That sucks you couldn't get in.

OP
seahawkblitz

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
My friend paid 5k apiece for his seats, he knew someone that knew someone that worked for bud light. I could have done that, but there were only 3, he found them and had promised his 2 girls last year that he would take them if we made it again. So he got dad of the year, and I got to watch the game at McFaddens. Stubhub and all the other ticket sites I was watching were asking over 10k for one seat in the upper level all the way through the first quarter when I quit looking and gave up. We got there on Thursday night, cheapest tix we ever found were 8500. I had planned my trip based on ticket prices falling up to game time like they did last year. Realistically I was hoping to get in the door for 3,500 or less, no chance in hell.

At least I went down there knowing that I may not get to attend, however I talked to other unfortunate Hawk fans that had bought tickets prior to travelling down there, Only to get an email from their broker informing them that they were unable to fulfill their order, sorry no tickets for you! That's far worse than my situation. Can't believe that happened to people.

And Rammy, I'm assuming since the mods let you back in that you have agreed to behave, so you have been temporarily removed from the ignore feature. Welcome back, let's talk some football!

Also, I have lots of pics of Super bowl central and such, how the hell does a guy post a pic on here?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
No such agreement needed. I was unfairly banned and that tendency has killed this site. A total of 21 posts in the 12 days I was banned on this site during the lead up to the Seahawks playing in the Super Bowl. That is pathetic.

About the seats, what was the attendance? How many empty seats? 15 years ago my ticket was very affordable. Worse part was getting there. I can't find the stub now but I know it was less than the average ticket price that year of $325. For $5K or $8500 I can think of far better use of that money than watching the game on a jumbotron. I'll bet you got more bang for your buck by attending Super Bowl Central than the game anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom