• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thoughts from a Viking's Fan

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
First of all, I'd just like to say that I don't hate the Seahawks at all and am pretty indifferent towards them, except the playoffs last year when I was cheering for them to beat the [hated] Saints. I was so incredibly happy after that game.

Anyways, just thought I'd come over here and look at what you guys think of your acquisitions from the Vikings this year. I'll give my quick 2 cents.

Darrell Bevell- Nothing special as an OC, no one really liked him in Minnesota. A lot of people will say that he was never given complete control of the offseason due to our over-bearing douche bag of an ex HC, Brad Childress. You'll hear a lot of people saying that Childress got him because he wanted a yes man, someone he can just tell what to do. Our offense was never good at all until 2010 when Favre came for the first year and started lighting it up, and I believe he did this in spite of the coaching. Overall, there aren't any Vikings fans that wanted him any more and we are all happy to get rid of him. That's just the consensus.

Tarvaris Jackson- One of the most controversial players in Vikings history. Some will say he never had a chance and was jerked around too much, while others (the sensible ones IMO) will tell you that he is a great guy but just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL. He misses way too many easy throws, can't handle pressure, is wildly inaccurate, has a terrible trademarked jump pass, can't read defenses, and just can't play well. He has shown a flash of brilliance, against the Cards a few years back, but just one flash. There are a couple people who will be sad to see him go, but almost every single person in Viking land is glad we don't have to deal with him anymore. I don't know why the Hawks picked him up. He just isn't good.

Sidney Rice- This is the big one. This hurt a lot of Viking fans and is the only player we'll miss. The problem with him has been his health obviously. He has only had one good year and that was with a HOF QB playing at the top of his game, and every other year has been littered with injuries and mediocrity. The reason we will miss him is because other than Harvin, he is the only WR we have that isn't complete trash. I do think he was overpaid for and there is no way the Vikings could keep him for what you paid, and I'm fine with that. I don't fault him for going after a big payday, but I do think it is pretty douchey to force us to watch him through 3 injured seasons and because he has one big season he bolts, but that's the business and we deal with it. He has the potential to be great, but I honestly don't see him living up to the paycheck with any QB you have over there, maybe if you get Luck or Barkley or someone next year, but with Tjoke or Whitehurst it doesn't look good. He does have the ability to bail out QBs on some poor throws though. Overall, it's sad to see him go, but a lot of fans are realizing we couldn't have kept him for the money, and while he has had a great year, he hasn't proved enough to command that huge of a paycheck in our eyes at least.

Whatever way you see it, congrats on getting the biggest WR in FA this year, hope it works out well for you.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Say what you will about your former personal . Rice left for the money we all know that. He is a stud WR when healthy and he's a Seahawk! And we got him the honest way, no poison pills ect . I consider it sweet revenge.

TJ gets 2 years no big deal , bevel Carroll all of them get 2 years to make this work IMO . Carroll had handed the reins to bevel so he must see him as somewhat knowledgeable in the game of football not just a yes man as you put it .

As you see your poor Vikings losing players and coaches , going backwards really it must hurt to know what could have been , all that talent all that skill and yet nothing and players jumping of that disease riddled turf to go else where must hurt , maybe in LA things will turn around for your franchise .

OP
frownifdown

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
Say what you will about your former personal . Rice left for the money we all know that. He is a stud WR when healthy and he's a Seahawk! And we got him the honest way, no poison pills ect . I consider it sweet revenge.

TJ gets 2 years no big deal , bevel Carroll all of them get 2 years to make this work IMO . Carroll had handed the reins to bevel so he must see him as somewhat knowledgeable in the game of football not just a yes man as you put it .

As you see your poor Vikings losing players and coaches , going backwards really it must hurt to know what could have been , all that talent all that skill and yet nothing and players jumping of that disease riddled turf to go else where must hurt , maybe in LA things will turn around for your franchise .
Man, what's your problem? Am I trash talking at all? I'm just trying to talk some football. So lay off. I know Rice is a stud receiver when healthy and I'm not refuting that at all. Key phrase is "when healthy" and that's the wildcard. If he stays healthy and Whitehurst or a rookie next year pans out than awesome for you guys. I honestly don't know why you're being such an ass. Am I not allowed to talk football?

I wish you guys luck in the future but I don't think Tjack or Bevell are worth anything and if Sidney Rice can stay healthy than he'll be great.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I am talking football ? You bash my team and players I bash yours . Have I gotten personal ? Called you names ?
You can't tell me that you waste the time to join a Seahawks forum to talk about players and coaches you don't like and aren't on your team anymore ?
It's clearly shit talking

I'm not joining a Titians forum to talk Hasselbeck ?

I don't like bevel or TJ either but no Vikings fans will take shots at my guys on my forum under the guise of talking football .

OP
frownifdown

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
I am talking football ? You bash my team and players I bash yours . Have I gotten personal ? Called you names ?
You can't tell me that you waste the time to join a Seahawks forum to talk about players and coaches you don't like and aren't on your team anymore ?
It's clearly shit talking

I'm not joining a Titians forum to talk Hasselbeck ?

I don't like bevel or TJ either but no Vikings fans will take shots at my guys on my forum under the guise of talking football .

Ugh... this is ridiculous. There is no new info on my forum right now so I just wanted to check out another one to get my football fix. I haven't bashed anyone. Tarvaris has shown he can succeed in the league but I don't think he will. What do you think about it. Bevell never really had complete control over the offense but for whatever part he did have in it, it wasn't that great. Do you think Bevell can better utilize the talent on the Seahawks roster for his offense?

The one thing about TJ is that the Vikings had more weapons than the Seahawks did and he couldn't succeed so I don't know how he will here. I don't know much about Whitehurst but didn't you give up a relatively high pick for him?

Also, is there anyone else on this forum besides you? For some reason you just want to trash talk.

Idahawk

Reaction score
You want to talk about the Seahawks and the positives I'm all ears , but dont come here start off with telling us how bad our new players are and think were going to welcome you , how long would I last pulling that at on your forum ? Which is what by the way ?

OP
frownifdown

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
You want to talk about the Seahawks and the positives I'm all ears , but dont come here start off with telling us how bad our new players are and think were going to welcome you , how long would I last pulling that at on your forum ? Which is what by the way ?
purplepride.org feel free to go there. We actually frequently have people come over there when we acquire a new player or their team gains one of our players, and they are welcomed. If I came on here and said "haahahaha tartardius jackson sucks dick are you kidding me? sidney rice won't do anything with your pathetic crop of QBs and have fun with bevell calling the shots, take all our rejects" then yes feel free to respond to me in the way you did. But I just gave an honest opinion without bashing anyone. The honest truth is Jackson did not do well for us and I'm sorry if it came off like I was bashing your team. I thought I made it clear I have no hatred for the seahawks.

Reaction score
Settle down guys. Idahawk, frownifdown came on here to give his opinion on our new OC, QB and WR. You may not like what he says, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There's no need to chase him off. ;)

Idahawk

Reaction score
Settle down guys. Idahawk, frownifdown came on here to give his opinion on our new OC, QB and WR. You may not like what he says, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There's no need to chase him off. ;)

I gave him back my opinion about his team I didn't know I was supposed to mind my tone when talking about a team I hate ! I don't disagree with him at all about TJ or bevels , but thinking he's here to do anything less then laugh is stupid, hell I'm laughing about it ! I don't need salt rubbed in the wound !

Reaction score
I was excited about Bevell when I thought Matt woud be back because that meant a more pure form of the WCO than what we have been using, which is what Matt is best at... Now I'm not too sure about him, obviously he's the one that called for Jackson over Matt. That seems like a bad decision, but we'll see I guess.

Jackson, I see the potential. I understand the thinking since we're still building to take a chance on him and see what he can really do, but I'm not all that happy about the signing.

Rice, I'm not as high on him as everyone else. I think he's a VERY good number 2, same with Mike Williams. I still don't believe we have our true number one wide out. However if Butler and Tate ever reach their potential we will have enough weapons that a true number one receiver wouldn't be necessary.

OP
frownifdown

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
I was excited about Bevell when I thought Matt woud be back because that meant a more pure form of the WCO than what we have been using, which is what Matt is best at... Now I'm not too sure about him, obviously he's the one that called for Jackson over Matt. That seems like a bad decision, but we'll see I guess.

Jackson, I see the potential. I understand the thinking since we're still building to take a chance on him and see what he can really do, but I'm not all that happy about the signing.

Rice, I'm not as high on him as everyone else. I think he's a VERY good number 2, same with Mike Williams. I still don't believe we have our true number one wide out. However if Butler and Tate ever reach their potential we will have enough weapons that a true number one receiver wouldn't be necessary.

I disagree on Rice who I believe that when healthy, he can be a great #1 WR. Wildcard is his health obviously. He made a moronic choice not get hip surgery after the NFCCG two years ago and that cost him half the season. That pissed off a lot of people, idk who was advising him. But he can definitely be a #1 WR, only problem is his speed. He isn't a burner at all, but he doesn't need to be with his huge vert, long arms, and great hands. You'd still want another WR opposite of him who can be a burner.

As for your comment about Jackson's potential, that's been his problem his whole career. Everyone can see the potential and he could be an incredible QB if he just got it workin in his head. Like I said before, he's a great guy and never publicly complained and seemed to be a good teammate, just not a good player. If Jackson were to succeed anywhere, SEA isn't a place I see it. He isn't a WCO QB, and would be better suited in a Pitt type offense where he can gun it down field more often. Strong arm, not that accurate, he's the anti-WCO QB. I don't think he'll end up being the starter once the season starts. I'm not sure who your 3rd qb is but I think the starter will be Charlie.

I think Bevell would have really benefited from having Hasselbeck as a QB who I was hoping the Vikings would get (although I'm happy with McNabb too). He's a great WCO QB, not sure why he wasn't resigned.

Reaction score
I gave him back my opinion about his team I didn't know I was supposed to mind my tone when talking about a team I hate ! I don't disagree with him at all about TJ or bevels , but thinking he's here to do anything less then laugh is stupid, hell I'm laughing about it ! I don't need salt rubbed in the wound !
The first Vikings fan was trying to act that way, but this guy seems normal to me.

Reaction score
TJack will suck... I'm with Viking fan on that one. And this whole #1 receiver thing.... shut the FUCK up!! Who the fuck is a #1 receiver in the league?? Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall... what have theit teams done? Look at last years SB winner... who was the leading WR? Jordy Nelson... a #4 or #3 at best white boy WR. So shup about the whole "#1 receiver" thing. Over fucking rated.

Idahawk

Reaction score
TJack will suck... I'm with Viking fan on that one. And this whole #1 receiver thing.... shut the FUCK up!! Who the fuck is a #1 receiver in the league?? Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall... what have theit teams done? Look at last years SB winner... who was the leading WR? Jordy Nelson... a #4 or #3 at best white boy WR. So shup about the whole "#1 receiver" thing. Over fucking rated.

Amen !!!

Some of the stupid ideas people get in there heads from watching way to much espn ! Lol

Reaction score
I also said its possible it wouldn't matter if we had a true number one. I'm just saying we're paying him #1 type money, I'm not convinced we'll get that type of production.

Reaction score
Bro what do you consider a #1? You have some special formula you use to determine that? The point I'm trying to make is a #1 WR is such an overrated thing. Packers won SB with Nelson catching most of the balls.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Bro what do you consider a #1? You have some special formula you use to determine that? The point I'm trying to make is a #1 WR is such an overrated thing. Packers won SB with Nelson catching most of the balls.
LMAO WTF r u talking about, go look at jennings #'s and tell me hes not a #1 wr lol jordy nelson thats hillarious

Top Bottom