• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wilson's 2nd & 3rd Quarters

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I charted his passing attempts. I'm not sure why my numbers don't quite match the official stat line. I added them up by using the play-by-play on Pro-Football-Reference.com. Maybe they don't count the sacks as attempts or something. I dunno.

But anyways, the numbers aren't far off. Here is what I found:

1st & 4th Quarter Stats:

13/18 for 256 yards and 3 TDs. That's a 72% completion rate, 14.2 YPA, and a rating of 153.9.

2nd & 3rd Quarter Stats:

4/12 for 38 yards. That's a 33% completion rate, 3.2 YPA, and a rating of 43.06.

What are your guys' thoughts on the extreme differences in production?

Reaction score
Play calling. I haven't rewatched the game yet, but it seems like the last three games we've come out very aggressive throwing the deep ball, play action and rolling Wilson out. Then they start calling the conservative shit again. Run on first and second, and put the offense in predictable 3rd down situations. Still Wilson needs to convert those 3rd and 4s. Hes still struggling on 3rd down and that needs to change.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Wasn't that long ago that this team couldn't rush on third & one...

Reaction score
Lack of a running game didn't help, then when the offense did start getting into a rhythm there was that strip sack. I'd have to go back and watch the game again, the 4th quarter was so exciting that I can't really remember specifics from anything before that... I need to start DVRing the games like #One lol.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Play calling. I haven't rewatched the game yet, but it seems like the last three games we've come out very aggressive throwing the deep ball, play action and rolling Wilson out. Then they start calling the conservative shit again. Run on first and second, and put the offense in predictable 3rd down situations. Still Wilson needs to convert those 3rd and 4s. Hes still struggling on 3rd down and that needs to change.
Don't you usually host the 'Official Game Thread"?

Reaction score
Dude I still can't figure you out? You trying to make a funny? Sarcasm? Taking shot?

I think he's being serious... No one made a game thread yesterday.

Doug, feel free to make one yourself if you don't see one. Its either #One, Fenom, or myself that usually make them.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude I still can't figure you out? You trying to make a funny? Sarcasm? Taking shot?
Ain't none of that kinda stuff at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you normally start it off? I do some chores, watch the game, and the huddle all at the same time. Look forward to you starting that thead is all. No sarcasm here.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I think he's being serious... No one made a game thread yesterday.

Doug, feel free to make one yourself if you don't see one. Its either #One, Fenom, or myself that usually make them.
Thanks Bob!
I like making a thread here or there of my own doings and all the participation of the other fans is appreciated. The game day thread isn't mine, but I really enjoy it.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson had a hand in winning this one but our defense and special teams couldn't have set it up any better. It looked like it was all over when we went 3&out with 4 minutes to go. The Defense stood tall and special teams came up with a good return.

This takes a little focus off Wilson but I'm still left wondering if he is going to be able to produce against quality defenses. His height is still a problem and SF's defense is going to show up on Thursday.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson had a hand in winning this one but our defense and special teams couldn't have set it up any better. It looked like it was all over when we went 3&out with 4 minutes to go. The Defense stood tall and special teams came up with a good return.

This takes a little focus off Wilson but I'm still left wondering if he is going to be able to produce against quality defenses. His height is still a problem and SF's defense is going to show up on Thursday.

Care to give an opinion on the disparity in performance between the 1st/4th quarters and 2nd/3rd?

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with One, play calling was conservative. The pats were sending the edges more in the 2&3 Qtrs. I think thier defense wore down in the 4th and they started to play more prevent to try and hold the lead. We set them up nicely on the last drive by leading with short pass plays and the run.

Our offense is fresh in the 1st and the mix of plays had the Pats guessing. It seems like the plays are well planned and orchastrated for our first possesion but we are not changing it up enough and teams figure it out.

So I'd say Wilson performance is due to the pressure and play calling.

Reaction score
Cmoney posted an article about the last drive. We ran the ball like 3 times before that big TD pass to Rice. Some of the players on the sideline were supposedly saying "WTF? Throw the ball". Defense bit hard on the play fake and that def helped Rice have a one on one match up against a Safety he should beat 9 times out of 10.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
How bout the TD call on 4th down? That was a surprise to me. I figured a run was coming.

The play calling ranged from extreme conservative to reckless. Made for a fun ride but that toss was pretty risky.

Top Bottom