• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Would David Garrard Help Our Hawks?

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I think he would. He is more proven than both Chaz Whitehurst and T Jax, he has proven he can win with the right pieces too, I say we pick him up!

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder how much it would cost to get him over here. But I think we are participating in the Andrew Luck bowl...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
What's the point? We've basically committed this season to being a throw-away at the QB position. Bringing in Garrard would only delay the inevitable: the Seahawks need a franchise QB. Garrard is not a franchise QB.

Idahawk

Reaction score
He was due 8 million in Jaxs and will be looking for more money then we want to pay a short term QB.

We are clearly in the Moore sweepstakes

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It is bad enough hearing fans that think Seattle is ditching the season to get Luck. Now there is a Moore sweepstakes too? Who is that even? Garrard may get $3 or $4 Mil somewhere, but he won't get the $8 he would have gotten in Jax. I don't see Seattle being interested in him, as he doesn't have the ability to avoid the pass rush he had 3 or so seasons ago. Seattle needs a QB that can move, at least for the first few months.

If Garrard did come in, I'd expect to see CBJ cut. Portis is the future of the backup QB position in Seattle.

Reaction score
It is bad enough hearing fans that think Seattle is ditching the season to get Luck. Now there is a Moore sweepstakes too? Who is that even? Garrard may get $3 or $4 Mil somewhere, but he won't get the $8 he would have gotten in Jax. I don't see Seattle being interested in him, as he doesn't have the ability to avoid the pass rush he had 3 or so seasons ago. Seattle needs a QB that can move, at least for the first few months.

If Garrard did come in, I'd expect to see CBJ cut. Portis is the future of the backup QB position in Seattle.

Ida is a huge Boise St. homer. He's calling it the Moore sweepstakes instead of the Luck sweepstakes.

Reaction score
Yes, I like Kellen Moore... But not as a franchise QB, I think you know he just doesn't have the raw physical talent to become the next Brady or Manning, although I doubt you'll admit it.

nad0023

Huddler
Reaction score
Doent matter just saw on twitter that were not looking at that pc said we are "set' AT QB

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Got it...thanks Bob. So that would be great if we are in the Moore sweepstakes. We could win the Super Bowl and STILL get him in the 5th round...

Idahawk

Reaction score
Yes, I like Kellen Moore... But not as a franchise QB, I think you know he just doesn't have the raw physical talent to become the next Brady or Manning, although I doubt you'll admit it.

I don't think anyone can predict who will or won't be a franchise QB , thats just plain silly . Tom Brady was 7th round pick so they didn't figure he had the raw physical talent either .

Moore is proven winner and time will tell .

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can predict who will or won't be a franchise QB , thats just plain silly . Tom Brady was 7th round pick so they didn't figure he had the raw physical talent either .

Moore is proven winner and time will tell .

Unlike Moore though, Brady had a good arm. Moore just seems like he's already peaked. Time will tell I suppose.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Gratifying to see Seahawks fans still looking for a QB with mere days before the start of the season. The Luck talk is fun too. Nice looking forum here so let's see if this posts.

Reaction score
.... An RW sighting? No way. Next thing you know we'll have Bulger up in here again... Or has he changed his name to Bradford? lol

Top Bottom