• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Flynn or Wilson ?

The Seahawks starting QB is ?

• Matt Flynn

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Tavaris jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
If Carroll does not name Flynn the starter first day at the training camp, we are screwed. How can he get adjusted with the team without getting the chance to properly work with them before the season? If the competition goes on through the camp, it is advantage to Tarvaris because he knows the system already.

I probably will lose interest for this season if Jackson is named the starter. It would be sad. The whole team is built to compete now. But success is impossible in this league without a proper QB, and Tarvaris is a good backup, not a starter.

Josh007

Huddler
Reaction score
I think it will be Flynn's job this year without much competition but Wilson looks like a great option for QBOTF

HAWK

Huddler
Reaction score
If Carroll does not name Flynn the starter first day at the training camp, we are screwed. How can he get adjusted with the team without getting the chance to properly work with them before the season? If the competition goes on through the camp, it is advantage to Tarvaris because he knows the system already.

I probably will lose interest for this season if Jackson is named the starter. It would be sad. The whole team is built to compete now. But success is impossible in this league without a proper QB, and Tarvaris is a good backup, not a starter.

You are a well reasoned fan. You deserve a good QB and a good season! Let's hope that Carroll makes the right decision. I'm confident that he will. My prediction is that Flynn will be named the starter going into week 3 of the preseason.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
.......chill bumps. I thought it was closer then this, but its good to hear that Flynn is taking the reins. We need to establish the pecking order asap.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Nice to see real fans opinions, just came back from another site.

Letting Hass go was a bad move for PC/JS. It looks like the Titans are taking the right steps and saying it is Lockers job to lose. Hass will be mentoring. We should follow thier example. I hate knowing that it could be Flynn and Hass right now.

Instead, the QB question continues, it's been since 2007 (or even before) that we have known we needed to replace Hass. Now we have 2 green QB's and a backup. I really can't see us letting TJ since the remaining QB's only have 2 starts amongst them.

There are plenty of benefits to a team that knows who the starting QB is but not any I can think of when they don't.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hass had a great comeback season last year, but he would have gotten eaten alive last year with this young line.
I'm glad the FO has opened it up for competition, unless you have "that guy" we don't, thats what you need to do and there are lots of teams that have the same situation, just not a 3-way comp! lol.

Reaction score
^ Yeah I second the comment from szat. I can't find the article (from beginning of last season), but I recall Matt saying something along the lines of "Its nice to finally have a line that gives me time to throw the ball"... Again I'm paraphrasing off of memory.

Hope Hawkblogger is right, even though at this point its just his opinion and no one really knows the truth except for Pete, John and a select few coaches on the team.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Hass had a great comeback season last year, but he would have gotten eaten alive last year with this young line.
I'm glad the FO has opened it up for competition, unless you have "that guy" we don't, thats what you need to do and there are lots of teams that have the same situation, just not a 3-way comp! lol.

Totally agree, it would have been an awful year for Hass.

I'm just not sure how far Flynn has progressed. I know I would be feeling a lot better about things if Hass was mentoring Flynn. Instead, well we really don't have anything to fall back on if TJ is cut loose.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson, is just like a drew brees, his stats from last year made him one of the top qb's in the draft his only default was the fact he is a little shorter then most qb's...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wilson, is just like a drew brees, his stats from last year made him one of the top qb's in the draft his only default was the fact he is a little shorter then most qb's...

That and he's a rookie, you know it doesnt matter who you are (except for luck apparently) there is a learning curve when QB at the NFL level. I have faith in Russell, but he's still green.

Everything Hawkblog says about Flynn I have noticed too, great anticipation, understanding of defenses, patience in the pocket, and good decison making, are the virtues of a good QB, more so then, arm strength, and throwing a pretty ball, size and ablitity to scramble.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Very true, not gonna argue with that.. "green" is the key word there. and Flynn does look great on the books as well, but the "green" aspect comes in with that as well.. I will admit that Jackson did learn and grow a lot towards the end of the season mentally.. but Im excited to see the fight between the QB's

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Flynn has been in a great QB system 4 years, though, clocked some hours.
But it I like both, and it will be a good competition, not only now, but moving forward the next few years!

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont think arm strength is a weakness for Flynn, even though it is often mentioned. But his mobility might be. He was sacked 8 times in his 2 starts. If he can learn to be more mobile, he could become a top ten QB in the coming years.

Reaction score
Flynn has average to above average arm strength, but throws an accurate deep ball.

I see Flynn as a guy that doesn't have a particularly high ceiling, but he has a very high floor (so to speak). Its hard for me to see him as anything more or anytthing less than an above average QB. Wilson is more risk/reward, I think he'll eventually overtake Flynn. But not this year and maybe not even next year.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
As we are talking about a guy, who was inserted in the boots of Aaron Rodgers (widely acknowledged as the best in business?) and the performance of the team did not drop one bit, I´m having hard time understanding why Flynn would not have a sky high ceiling? It´s completely a different matter whether he ever reaches that ceiling.. I dont want to make any odds, but everything seems possible to me...

Top Bottom