• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 NFL Draft Thread

Reaction score
Didn't see one, so I figured with the draft being 2 weeks away, I'd start one up.

A lot of the mocks and talking heads have us taking Kuechly with the #12 pick. I've heard a lot of praise about the guy, so I thought I'd put on the tape (YouTube) and see for myself.

BC vs Clemson 2011 (Kuechly)

I must say, I wasn't impressed. Everyone has been raving about his coverage skills, but to me he seems pretty shitty at it. He tackles well, looks good against the run and seems to have a nose for the ball. Thoughts?

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
We can't afford another Arron Curry. My vote is go d-lint with the pick. And I have a Curry autographed hat if anyone is interested. Won it at a golf touney, I just knew it was gonna be worth a fortune!

Reaction score
To be fair Clemson has a ton of really fast players on offense. They could be wrong, I heard Macshay say at the time they thought curry was "the most instinctive player in the draft." Not too long ago in an interview on Brock and Salk and they couldn't have been more wrong.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think he is totally the real deal ,keep in mind this a kid coming out early and being mentioned in the top 10 of the draft , that speaks volumes IMO, when Dick Butkis hands you his award personally , your probably pretty good.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah, Curry also received the Butkus, not from Dick himself but still... Idk the whole Curry thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Every time I hear safest pick or most instinctive player mentioned in reference to Kuechly I wince, because we heard the same type of things said about Curry.

Bob - Clemson players are fast, the NFL players are even faster. I just don't know how all these scouts are praising his coverage skills when judging by this video he clearly cant cover anyone.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
When I watch video on Luke I wasnt overly impressed, but thats not his game. I havent heard any a single knock on him and most analyst have him as a top 10 prospect. They called him "boy wonder" in college, mild mannered kid who is highly competetive and instinctive. I noticed he does seem to miss alot of open field tackles on the flanks against speed guys, but he ALWAYS turns the ball carrier to the inside which tells me two things: he's smart, and not greedy.

Check out the video on Dant'a Hightower though, this guy is very impressive! Big bodied, bull rushing, pass rushing, inside or outside LB, puts the hurt on QB's, was also the team captian of a very impressive Alabama Defense. If you can trade out and get this guy ahead #23 you do it.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Michael Floyd at #12?

I like the guy, has some good highlight reels, but so did another Notre Dame WR we are familiar with. The difference is, Floyd is 6'3" and actually knows how to run routes.

Idahawk

Reaction score
No more WR's please !

If Tannehill goes top ten as is now being speculated, we basically move into the top 10 in non QB players left available That means maybe a Cox or Reiff or De Castro could fall to us at 12 and that would a real value pick as would Kueckly if he was there, I think we will get a really good player in any scenario .

Reaction score
What if... We trade back and pickup an extra 2nd rounder in the process. Then someone (like Coples, Ingram, or Decastro) slips and we use our 2 2nd rounders to trade up for one of those guys and get Hightower with the other pick?

Idahawk

Reaction score
What if... We trade back and pickup an extra 2nd rounder in the process. Then someone (like Coples, Ingram, or Decastro) slips and we use our 2 2nd rounders to trade up for one of those guys and get Hightower with the other pick?

I have read rumors of the Hawks looking to trade down , but you know how that crap is . Until they call out a name on Thursday night you have no idea who or what were doing, I'm more excited to see who we grab later , those seem to be the guys for the most part that are becoming studs .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
WR is a deep and class with good size. I think we get value in later rounds for a WR that comes to us.
I personall like most of the top 5-10 WR's, but I really like T.Y. Hilton from florida a smaller speed guy with DeSean Jackson like abilities who could be gotten in the 5-6 round.

Reaction score

Good morning Gang!! Here's my Final Mock for April!!

Enjoy!

Em

I'd be shocked if Richardson fell to the Jets, I'm sure someone would trade up to get him before then. Although you can't put trades in a mock draft. If that did happen, I wouldn't be shocked if we were the team trading down. Maybe New England looks to move up and offers up both of their first round picks to do so (combined value 1250, ours is worth 1200). We're really interested in Hightower and Zach Brown,,, That might be too late for Hightower, but I'm sure we could get Brown and plan on moving Wright inside.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah usually NE is the one trading down or even completely out of the first. They love stocking up on 2nd rounders

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I saw a report that Hawks WILL take tannihill at #12.
There will always be teams willing to reach for a QB.... I dont think he gets past Maimi.

Top Bottom