• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 NFL Draft Thread

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I'm with ya Bob. I think if we end up drafting Coples, Team Pete & John will have no problem motivating the guy.

Plus you saw him respond in the Senior Bowl. The rumors about his motor were floating around before the game and he came out and responded well. Thats what you want to see when someone questions a guys motor/work ethic.

Plus 6'6" 280+lbs.... we could have our very own Mario Williams! Clemons, Jones, Mebane and Coples coming at you on passing downs..... I wouldn't want to be the QB. Plus he could prob play the run almost as well as Red. God forbid Red goes down, you might not skip a beat.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
So many damn options though! #12 is a pretty neat spot this year.... going to be exciting to watch tomorrow.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think lots of teams are looking to trade down and it will be hard to do . The meat of this draft is from about 15-45 and that's where many teams want to be .

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete Caroll is giving clues on his Twitter as to who we're drafting. Clues include quotes and scenes from movies.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't want a guy that has to be motivated ? I want a guy that's fricken hungry to play now !

Exactly! Do your really take your chances on someone that needs to be inspired? THis the NFL, grab someone that wants to play has the talent, AND the heart. I know he's a big guy, talented dude, but I just think at the next level any fire in him might gets smoldered once he gets beat down hard a few times Pro OT's. Been riding on talent alone. Just my impression, totally could be way off.

Reaction score
, s
Maybe, very slight chance bills at 8, but other then that, I say he gets picked up at 14, by da boyz.

Bills pick at 10

Exactly! Do your really take your chances on someone that needs to be inspired? THis the NFL, grab someone that wants to play has the talent, AND the heart. I know he's a big guy, talented dude, but I just think at the next level any fire in him might gets smoldered once he gets beat down hard a few times Pro OT's. Been riding on talent alone. Just my impression, totally could be way off.

He wouldn't be on the field every down here. He'd have to fight for playing time.. seems like that ought to motivate him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Or he'd fold it up, he doesnt have the motor Red does, or the nastiness.
Melvin would be on the field, either as a down lineman, or OLB. Shit we might put him in as a HB!
Thats the beauti of his versitility.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Hmmm.... It's def a risk with Coples. I wouldn't want to be the GM to have to make that decision. I would still be excited if we drafted him! If he lives up to his potential.... God help opposing QBs!!

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I got Kuechly from the clues Caroll was giving.

1. From Tommy Boy "Luuuuuke, I am your father" Easy to see why there.
2. From the movie Coach, the head coach was for the Eagles. Boston College are the Eagles.
3. Might be a stretch but "Can I get a niner?" Boston College has the same colors as the 49ers pretty much.
4. From Step-Brothers "Look at all this floor space" maybe referring to Kuechly's coverage abilities to cover a ton of ground.

Regardless, it's gonna be fun and whoever we get whether it's Kuechly, Coples, Ingram, Upshaw, Hightower, DeCastro, etc. we're gonna get a fresh face to hopefully improve our team on Day 1.

Reaction score
Seeing Chandler Jones going to us in a lot of mocks now... I didn't realize his brother is Jon "bones" Jones. I don't know much about MMA but it seems like he's the best fighter out there right now.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Seeing Chandler Jones going to us in a lot of mocks now... I didn't realize his brother is Jon "bones" Jones. I don't know much about MMA but it seems like he's the best fighter out there right now.

Dude that kid came out of nowwhere!! I first read about him yesterday in one of the ESPN mocks. In that scenario the Hawks traded down with the Pats and picked him with the 27th. I was like "who the hell is this guy?" and now he's a top 10-15 guy... wtf?? I think its all draft day hype.

Reaction score
Two picks I really like so far: Melvin Ingram teaming up with Shaun Phillips in San Diego and Kendall Wright to Tennessee.

Reaction score
Possible 2nd round prospects: Michael Kendrycks (LB-Cal), Zach Brown (LB-UNC), Vinny Curry (DE-Marshall), Alshon Jeffery (WR-South Carolina), Lavonte David (LB-Nebraska), Ronnell Lewis (LB-Oklahoma), Courtney Upshaw (LB/DE- Alabama), Andre Branch (DE- Clemson), Lamichael James (RB- Oregon), Lamar Miller (RB- Miami), Ruban Randel (WR- LSU), Stephen Hill (WR- Georgia Tech), Jonathan Martin (OT- Standford), Mike Adams (OT- Ohio State), Cordy Glenn (OT/OG- Georgia), Peter Konz (C/G- Wisconsin)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Michael Kendrycks (LB-Cal), Zach Brown (LB-UNC), Courtney Upshaw (LB/DE- Alabama), Andre Branch (DE- Clemson), Lamichael James (RB- Oregon), Stephen Hill (WR- Georgia Tech), Jonathan Martin (OT- Standford), Cordy Glenn (OT/OG- Georgia), Peter Konz (C/G- Wisconsin)

Like these the best off your list. If those gaurds are available we could help our line. I also think Stephen Hill has great potential.

Top Bottom